FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tade offered new deal!

caley100

Greg Tade is the first player to offered terms for next season, a one year deal is on the table for the frenchman.

Butcher says he's a favorite with the fans and a character in the dressing room.

No mention of what he's like on the pitch? now when i first saw him i thought he was a donkey, he had a sweet spell, now he's back as the donkey again, question is :

Is he a good player or is he well above his skill levels in the SPL?

Hopefully he can develop more skills next season and if we are not in such a precarious position in the league we can possibly get more out of him. It's not been a great season to be an ICT striker given the cautious nature of our team selections and tactics.

But, a word of caution, deliver next seson or be it on your own head.

• Agree 2

Definately worth a punt as presumably he is not on huge wages. Always going to be a difficult season stepping up from the SFL, and he does seem to be running out of steam a bit at this point in the season butnext season will be critical for him to show whether or not he can make the step up.

Hopefully he can develop more skills next season and if we are not in such a precarious position in the league we can possibly get more out of him. It's not been a great season to be an ICT striker given the cautious nature of our team selections and tactics.

But, a word of caution, deliver next seson or be it on your own head.

Yep, this absolutely. I'd be worried if I thought Butcher was intending going into next season with Tade as our first choice central striker, but despite his limitations, his workrate and the goals he has chipped in with makes him worth keeping. He's no Craig Dargo, but he's no Andy Barrowman either.

• Agree 1

Im quite happy about this...as someone touched on, i think most strikers would have struggled at ICT this year, considering the service (or lack of) they were receiving. Im quite happy about him been given another year to prove himself.

• Agree 1

If he's cheap fair enough, I don't feel he has the necessary skill to be a first choice striker. IMO he's best used as an sub when he can use his power, pace and determination to run the tired legs of defenders ragged. Not sure a player's banter in the changing room is reason for signing someone but u do get an impression that if ur face fits with TB then ur onto a winner.

• Agree 2

What's more of a worry to me is the chances he's missed over the last 9 -10 games, him and Mackay have squandered so many opportunities its now become a joke in the bridge end.

And as maryhill says if he's going to be our first choice striker next season i'm going to be well pi55ed off!

If Tade gets the ball 30 yards out with a clear run in on goal, rather than me thinking "Yes, we're going to score" it's more a case of "I wonder if we can win a corner out of this?"

Whilst he has a habit of firing straight at the keeper, our other options in the scenario described above are not any better. Mackay would carefully place the ball a few inches past the post. Shane would blast it high and wide. Foran would get caught by a defender. And Gnapka wouldn't even bother trying. Hayes is our most clinical finisher and the only one you'd expect to score.

But Tade has made a reasonable contribution and is definitely worth another season.

...Not sure a player's banter in the changing room is reason for signing someone but u do get an impression that if ur face fits with TB then ur onto a winner.

On other posts people are saying that our dressing room used to have spirit and camaraderie, now we have a player who seems to be helping this yet still we moan.

He's our top scorer this season so IMO it would be ludicrous not to offer him a new deal and see if he can improve upon it next season

And no matter what you think about his skill level you have to love his endeavour

Edited by lukemackay
  • Agree 3

According to this site Tade has 9 goals so far this season, I'm pretty sure he will finish the season with at least 10 goals.

A 10 goal a season striker in the SPL for a club like ours is not to be sniffed at. We obviously need the right partner for him.

And I admit sometimes he can be a bl00dy nightmare to watch but to question whether we should give him another 1 year deal is a bit of a no brainer IMO.

Who else would we get for the same money that would be better?

Also lets not forget he single handedly beats the Dons everytime he comes up against them! **snigger**

• Agree 2

9 goals for this season is not a bad return. Agreed he is not playing well just now but he has shown at times this season what a quality player he can be. He has got what it takes to play at this level but like many in our current squad needs to be more consistent.

I'm confident that if we could find him a more suitable strike partner and get our more creative players back in the team once theyre fit he would probably be able to get more goals, however needs to get that confidence back.

1 year deals again though? This is becoming rather frustrating.

As I said last year when Rooney left and Tade signed, he is not the man to lead the line as the primary striker, but I'm pleased he is being offered a new deal, he is a good addition to the squad - we just need to sign someone to compliment him. He is a big powerful player so needs to work on holding the ball up better IMO. Best striker we have so we need to keep him just incase we cant get anyone else too.

Sometimes his skill and touch shows real quality, other times it looks like he doesnt even know what he is doing.

Edited by bdu98196
  • Agree 1

I've always thought him best as a super-sub. But if not, then some big guy, like Higdon (though obviously not Higdon), would be ideal. Holding the ball up for Tade and A.Shinnie, even Tansey. Probably a player that would let the team score more, rather than be a goal machine himself.

Also fair to say that there will probably be more announcements like this in the coming days? I seem to recall that it was this time last season that we found out who was staying and who was going.

Tade is super in the air and McKay can hold up play and link with the midfeild I think that showed at aberdeen a few weeks ago tade would come in off the Wing for the long balls he could flick them onto McKay who isn't great in the air good for his height but obviously has a huge disadvantage and the pair of them linked up superbely in that game. They Played quick fluid passes between each other, they looked like they had a understanding of each other. We havnt seen it happen since but that game for me that showed me the potential that we have upfront. McKay doesnt score a lot he probably never will he isn't selfish enough for me he always looks to link with the rest of the team but I can see the pair of them striking up a partnership.

The pair of them as a partnership IMO could get 20+ goals a season between them obviously tade would get more of them but McKay for me would be just as important to the partnership . It's a partnership I'd love to see more of towards the end of the season.

Edited by lukemackay

Tade is a great squad player and is worth another contract becos he will not be looking for mega bucks and from what I gather he is a bonus to the dressing room and he also knows his limitations. As far as I am concerned he has been played in the wrong position and the wrong role on too many occasions this season. I would be signing him becos I think that he is an asset to be taken on as a substitute and given the chance to go up front as a headless chicken and scare the shitt out of defenders with his pace and unpredictability. For some reason TB has tried to play Tade in a role where he needs to have a fair degree of positional and tactical sense and he simply does not have that. McKay and Tade will never be a pairing but play Tade off the bench or alongside a shrewder striker the we may have something. But the lad gives 110% and that is feckin good enuff fer me. But as wee Luke syas it may be worth a gamble pairing them for the split and giving them a chance to prove most of us wrong - although I doubt it.