FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rangers New Club or Old

Laurence

On the one hand they say " New Club ", Rangers can't keep old contracts for players

On the other hand they say " Old Club ". Rangers must accept transfer ban inflicted on the old regime, because of some old draconian rule meant for new applicants to the league.

Beyond me,

They ( SFA ) then say you can't jioin if you don't accept transfer ban

Does SFA - Stand "for Sweet Fanny Adams" ?

Quote from Len Shackleton's book - Clown Prince of Soccer -

On the one hand they say " New Club ", Rangers can't keep old contracts for players

On the other hand they say " Old Club ". Rangers must accept transfer ban inflicted on the old regime, because of some old draconian rule meant for new applicants to the league.

Beyond me,

Called panicking in an effort to have your cake and eat it.....because the SFA/SPL/SFL, like Governments, don't do proactive but are solely reactive. They are between the rock of integrity and the hard place of greed.....and struggling to find some way to get integrity in there and still let the clubs live in the manner to which they have become accustomed.

Not sure the Oldco to Newco contracts problem was anything other than complete ignorance/arrogance on the part of both the administrators and Green's lot, thinking the players were part of the fixtures and fittings, tbh. The terms and conditions of the employees who transfer in any sale are preserved, even after insolvency, unless permitted variations are agreed in writing by the Oldco, the Newco and the employees/ representatives of the employees. Even if Newco were able to match, or come to an agreement about wages, they could not guarantee SPL Football...and that would be a big ask of the players...and a breach of the contract they signed on joining the club. Don't get the impression anyway that Oldco informed and consulted the employees/appropriate representatives of those employees affected by the transfer in the first place.

What draconian rule is this...and what else is Newco bar a new applicant to the league?

• Agree 2

Beyond me,

Called panicking in an effort to have your cake and eat it.....because the SFA/SPL/SFL, like Governments, don't do proactive but are solely reactive. They are between the rock of integrity and the hard place of greed.....and struggling to find some way to get integrity in there and still let the clubs live in the manner to which they have become accustomed.

Not sure the Oldco to Newco contracts problem was anything other than complete ignorance/arrogance on the part of both the administrators and Green's lot, thinking the players were part of the fixtures and fittings, tbh. The terms and conditions of the employees who transfer in any sale are preserved, even after insolvency, unless permitted variations are agreed in writing by the Oldco, the Newco and the employees/ representatives of the employees. Even if Newco were able to match, or come to an agreement about wages, they could not guarantee SPL Football...and that would be a big ask of the players...and a breach of the contract they signed on joining the club. Don't get the impression anyway that Oldco informed and consulted the employees/appropriate representatives of those employees affected by the transfer in the first place.

What draconian rule is this...and what else is Newco bar a new applicant to the league?

I wan't complaining , just pointing out that , sometimes it's Newco, and sometimes it's Oldco

The rule I feel is a draconian was the one that a totally new club has to fill when joining the leadue, ( something about 3 years ) the way they got round it was to say there is a connection with the old set up. This gives the SFA carte blanche to punish the new club for the sins of the old club.

I feel you can't punish a new organisation for a ruling on transfer awarded to the old club?

Remember in England Chelsea when formed as a new club entered the league having never kicked a ball outside it

I quoted Douglas Bader before and I will quote him again

" Rules were made for fools and the guidance of wise men".

Edited by Laurence

Beyond me,

I wan't complaining , just pointing out that , sometimes it's Newco, and sometimes it's Oldco

The rule I feel is a draconian was the one that a totally new club has to fill when joining the leadue, ( something about 3 years ) the way they got round it was to say there is a connection with the old set up. This gives the SFA carte blanche to punish the new club for the sins of the old club.

I feel you can't punish a new organisation for a ruling on transfer awarded to the old club?

Remember in England Chelsea when formed as a new club entered the league having never kicked a ball outside it

I quoted Douglas Bader before and I will quote him again

" Rules where made for fools and the guidance of wise men".

Sometimes its Newco and sometimes its Oldco, because nobody in charge of any part of Scottish Football, and earning a salary from the money the OF brings in, actually wants to lose the looming spectre of a repetition of all this in a few years time, when everything is back to what passes as normal in Scottish Football, the OF again reign supreme, are spending silly money almost forcing other clubs to do the same, and are officially back in the SPL having their bahookeys licked by the clubs which rely on the existence of the OF to allow them to play at a level they cannot afford.

Keeping the delineation between Oldco and Newco so woolly as to confuse an issue, which is sortable if anyone had the gumption to actually make a decision, allows them to never have to make one, but like Governments, lets them dicker round the edges of bad policy, and make things much more complicated and divisive than necessary.

Seems to me that Oldco still exists in administration unless it was liquidated and dissolved when nobody was looking......so if Newco wants, and is allowed, to consider themselves a reincarnation of Oldco, as they appear to be trying to do, then it seems only fair that they accept all the penalties that will accrue to the Oldco....in return for the concessions they have already received from the Football Authorities..such as a shoo-in to the SFA without the necessary requirements.

It isn't just the Scottish Football authorities trying to have their cake and eat it.....Newco is as well.

Edited by Oddquine

strangely, I'm beginning to think that you aren't too fond of the old firm either Oddquine, surely it hasn't anything to do with bias, or their illustrious history? :ponder: I mean to say they are the benefactors of all the other Scottish clubs feeding them scraps in case they starve.

Should the minnows starve then they wouldn't have anyone to play with except eachother :shrug: that would get boring :bluesbros:

strangely, I'm beginning to think that you aren't too fond of the old firm either Oddquine, surely it hasn't anything to do with bias, or their illustrious history? :ponder: I mean to say they are the benefactors of all the other Scottish clubs feeding them scraps in case they starve.

Should the minnows starve then they wouldn't have anyone to play with except eachother :shrug: that would get boring :bluesbros:

You missed out on the sarcastic smilie!

I'm a kinda, from childhood, Celtic supporter.......because my sister was a very definite Rangers supporter (much as I was a fan of the Rolling Stones while she favoured The Beatles). It was never an obsession with me...just a result I used to check every week so I could, if I was lucky, go nahnah.gif at her.

Unfortunately as so often happens, some of the two sides of the family have polarised into Rangers/Celtic supporters..maybe due to our influence, but I rather think the additional influence of the married into one side of my own family crowd. The almost-ex was a football supporter..as in he supported any team bar Rangers or Celtic, and if forced to chose one, would likely have plumped for Aberdeen.....but he wasn't, unfortunately, as influential (bossy?) as I was. :sad:

But that has never blinded me to the fact that Rangers/Celtic, re influence and sectarianism, has never, in my lifetime, been good for Scottish Football (or football anywhere else in the world, it seems...because nobody else wants them)...and, until brought into the body of the kirk, and subjected to the same rules as every other club, they never will be. And there is Buckley's chance that, as long as the SFA is dragging their collective heels over accepting that they will be bound by the UEFA fair play vote, anything much in Scottish football will change for the better.

And I 100% guarantee I'd say the same if it was Celtic in Oldco Ranger's/ Newco Sevco's situation today.

FIFA Article 19

1. A club’s entitlement to take part in a domestic league championship shall depend principally on sporting merit....and I am frankly struggling hard to find any sporting merit in the acceptance of Sevco, which has never played a competitive game anywhere in its very short puff, directly into SFL3 without fulfilling the laid down requirements applicable to any other Scottish club aiming to join the SFL at the lowest level.

However, the Scottish Football brain-dead numpties the clubs pay silly money to, to allow them to dictate to them, have decided that the policy which is that a club cannot gain league/SFA membership when they cannot produce requisite three years of accounts....relates to applications for a new membership. In this case, Rangers Newco will be applying for the transfer of an existing membership held with the Oldco.

Rangers Oldco submitted the necessary financial information for 2009 and 2010. It did not submit for the year 2011, which resulted in the Judicial Panel sanctioning the club a total of £160,000 for various breaches of its Articles of Association, and also imposing a transfer embargo which has been subsequently set aside after the Court of Session ruling by Lord Glennie.”

http://blogs.channel...ing-bodies/2235

That appears to mean that transferring old to new is not the same as a new club pitching up and wanting in....even when that new club hasn't the same squad as the old one, which has, to boot, been fined because it was unable to meet the requirements, and the Newco has no requisite financial information to confirm that even if they had existed in 2011 as a competitive club, to complete the three year requirement.. which they were not, they would have been solvent and fulfilled the required criteria for SFL entry. Whole carry-on sickens me much more than a little.

Never thought that teams playing on a fairly level playing field produced boring games.....the monumentally, utterly boring games arrived with the SPL which introduced the financial hills to climb, imo.......where all clubs under the top two for sure, and just possibly the top six were defending to stay alive rather than playing to win.......and blithely short-changing the fans so they could say that they were in the SPL, and had been for x-years of stultifying football. In the SPL nothing seems to matter but hanging in there clutching the coat-tails of the OF and getting the dosh to let the clubs continue with same old, same old dependency culture.

Seriously considering trying to get my head around cricket and following that.......it at least starts boring to the nth degree...and stays that way....even when they are trying to win.

Edited by Oddquine