FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Arsenal Link

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

Are we likely to use our link with Arsenal in transfer window, maybe 1 or 2 coming in on loan on deadline day and who, realistically (i ken how you guys think lol), would you like us to sign from Arsenal?

Why bother? What more do we actually need? Well covered in goals, 3 good centre halves, 4 if Hooman comes back. More than adequate cover on the flanks both defensively and in midfield, also well covered in centre midfield and we have 3 strikers each with individual and defining abilities, we also have Richie Foran who can play anywhere when required. We also have the likes of Polworth, Christie and Cooper breaking through who deserve the opportunity to play if it is presented to them so again i reiterate what do we really need?

Guest Mahonio

Maybe 1 Striker because if one of our 3 got injured then we'd be light?

What do you mean "if he comes back" when referring to Harry Hooman, thought he got released after injury problems?

They said there is the possibility he could return if he overcomes his injury problems, Foran can play up front if we have injury problems there. Im glad we havent really gone down the loan route. It means all players are our own bar Brill, who we can sign on a pre contract come January time if we wish to. 

I see no point in bringing in players just to leave them in the reserves when we have enough of our own youngsters breaking through. 

Edited by AJS

After last season where we never really had any successful loan players from Arsenal, perhaps while the link is good to have the quality of players eitehr on offer or interested isn't high enough to have a real impact. We have signed a good few younger players who's wages we are paying so why bring in loanee's which will prevent them game time and becoming future assets we could sell.

I'm sure in Jan if we have injuries or need to shake it up a bit there might be some Arsenal players coming in then.

I'm guessing that if TB got the lads he wanted, when he wanted.. then perhaps if it's still very much an 'alive' link then maybe he'll hold off and utilise it come January if we get any long term injuries or any lads we get in turn out to be *****.

There's no point an on-loan player coming as back-up to three players.  May as well stay where he is.  The whole point is that ICT would get a player better than the current crop that they could not otherwise afford and Arsenal would get a promising player getting competitive matches.

Why bother? What more do we actually need? Well covered in goals.....

That's only if Esson is fit, and I'm not sure we can rely on that being the case all season. We are starting the season with just our second choice keeper and a youngster, so there should be a contingency plan in case Brill gets an injury or suspension.

Maybe 1 Striker because if one of our 3 got injured then we'd be light?

What do you mean "if he comes back" when referring to Harry Hooman, thought he got released after injury problems?

We normally play a system that has one out and our striker. I think three is adequate coverage.

I'm surprised we haven't used the Arsenal link more in pre-season.  Did the club ever look at having a friendly with them up here, or even when we were down there, even if it was against their reserves or U21 squad?  Or what trying to get involved in one of these mini pre-season tournaments they have from time to time?

Edited by Renegade

Was there anything official ever published about this 'link'?

Does this Arsenal 'link' extend to anything more than our Tel knowing Liam Brady and being able to chap him up for a loan signing if needed?

Why bother? What more do we actually need? Well covered in goals.....

That's only if Esson is fit, and I'm not sure we can rely on that being the case all season. We are starting the season with just our second choice keeper and a youngster, so there should be a contingency plan in case Brill gets an injury or suspension.

I agree with this, the only thing is Arsenal are not renown for producing great goalkeepers