FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Red Cards

WYNESS101

Just watched while match again (can't get enough of it!) i hadn't realised just how many fouls Warren had committed. He was definitely on borrowed time and I think the ref had made his mind up that he was going for the next one. Shame he didn't actually commit a foul on that occasion! Meekings' was not a red by any rule - not dangerous and not a clear goalscoring opportunity. There's a reasonable chance it will get overturned. By the way, Devine was magnificent.

The rules have changed from last season on cards/suspensions.

A straight red card in the league cup is an instant 2 match suspension.  First suspension is to be served in the clubs next match, irrespective of which competition (Stranraer game in this instance). And the second suspension is to be served in the league cup itself.

Reports that Josh is already on a yellow from a previous League Cup match are inaccurate (he has one in the Scottish Cup), so if the appeal (which will go ahead) is successful and the red card is rescinded or downgraded to a yellow then he will be available for the final.  If not, then he misses it.

Having spent a large part of the day pouring over the rule book and looking at video, I am of the personal opinion that there's nothing in the challenge to constitute Serious Foul Play or Violent Conduct....both of which are clearly defined as including excessive force or brutality.  At worst, what he did would fall within the confines of "Committing a technical foul designed to impede a promising attack" and FIFA Guidelines clearly state that is a yellow card offence unless it denies a goal or clear goal scoring opportunity....which it couldn't have since it was over 70 yards from our goal and we had 4 players between there and the incident.

If the SFA follow the rulebook and associated guidelines, then I fail to see how they can uphold the red card....but again, that is just my personal opinion.

Warren was already on a yellow card from the D.Utd match, so a single yellow saw him suspended for the final.  Even if the club were to try and appeal the yellows (and it is possible in certain circumstances) then it's very unlikely they would get both rescinded so the second yellow (in hindsight and given the outcome of the game) means little.

• Agree 2

It didn't seem reasonable that Stevenson was able to use a re-scheduled game to avoid missing the cup game although I can't remember what his red was for.

Violent Conduct. He had Mannus by the throat

_72403348_stevenson.jpg

Is that an Edinburgh kiss?

It didn't seem reasonable that Stevenson was able to use a re-scheduled game to avoid missing the cup game although I can't remember what his red was for.

Violent Conduct. He had Mannus by the throat

_72403348_stevenson.jpg

Is that an Edinburgh kiss?

Apparently he was only showing Mannus all the places he could get a tattoo!