FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Christie call up...

RossP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

No idea why he has been called up. The lad isn't even that good. I don't think anyone should want buy him right now. Maybe in a few years time. He should sign a new 4 year deal with ICT and try and get better with us before leaving.

• Agree 7

Surprised Ricky Sbragia still has a job after the Jack Harper debacle.

Not sure it was necessarily a 'debacle'.
Sbragia (then Scotland U19 manager) simply omitted Harper from a squad on a 'horses-for-courses' basis.
But that's in the past - Sbragia has since been promoted to U21 boss and I'm delighted he's picked Ryan Christie in his first squad.

Incidentally, I notice that Scot Gemmill, the managerial successor for the U19s, has also omitted Jack Harper (who is still eligible), from his squad. Doubt there'll be a dicky-bird said about that, though.
There's a touch of the 'Ben Greenhalgh' about all of this 'controversy'. That guy has had the burden of being 'linked' with Inter Milan around his neck his whole career - photos of him with Jose Mourinho and being the body-double of Christiano Ronaldo didn't help. A huge burden of expectation that his limited talents simply didn't warrant.

Harper, being on the books of Real Madrid at an early age, created some sort of deluded expectation that he should automatically be in the U19 squad on the back of the club he plays for. 

However, he's now signed for Brighton and Hove Albion, so will now be able to show what he can do at a more 'modest' club...without the stellar expectations from folk who I doubt have ever even seen him play!

• Agree 2

Surprised Ricky Sbragia still has a job after the Jack Harper debacle.

Not sure it was necessarily a 'debacle'.
Sbragia (then Scotland U19 manager) simply omitted Harper from a squad on a 'horses-for-courses' basis.
But that's in the past - Sbragia has since been promoted to U21 boss and I'm delighted he's picked Ryan Christie in his first squad.

Incidentally, I notice that Scot Gemmill, the managerial successor for the U19s, has also omitted Jack Harper (who is still eligible), from his squad. Doubt there'll be a dicky-bird said about that, though.
There's a touch of the 'Ben Greenhalgh' about all of this 'controversy'. That guy has had the burden of being 'linked' with Inter Milan around his neck his whole career - photos of him with Jose Mourinho and being the body-double of Christiano Ronaldo didn't help. A huge burden of expectation that his limited talents simply didn't warrant.

Harper, being on the books of Real Madrid at an early age, created some sort of deluded expectation that he should automatically be in the U19 squad on the back of the club he plays for. 

However, he's now signed for Brighton and Hove Albion, so will now be able to show what he can do at a more 'modest' club...without the stellar expectations from folk who I doubt have ever even seen him play!

Harper has been injured since the start of the summer, with his comeback to training penciled in for the end of this month. No chance he was getting called up, with that in mind.