FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Graeme Shinnie

Crownboy

Talking about Marsela we need him over the next 12months to replenish our depleted squad.

Understand he is unemployed but if any team knows his worth it is ICT.

He would be worth signing at probably a wage well below the footballers as current management team have found no one over 12 months

• Agree 1

Talking about Marsela we need him over the next 12months to replenish our depleted squad.

Understand he is unemployed but if any team knows his worth it is ICT.

He would be worth signing at probably a wage well below the footballers as current management team have found no one over 12 months

What position did they need someone to cover?

The management team made their intentions clear at the time.

Nonsense to say they have found no one when they really weren't looking. We are not Ross County, they have signed dozens of players!

WE HAVE 9 UNSIGNED PLAYERS WITH NO REPLACEMENTS DO YOU BELIEVE WE CAN GET SOME GEMS LIKE MARSELA HAS SOURCED IN THE PAST BETWEEN NOW AND THE END OF THE SEASON -IT TAKES TIME AND HOURS ON THE ROAD TO GET THESE GUYS .

HORNER AND IBRA WERE HARDLY THE TYPE OF PLAYER WE WERE AFTER -IN FACT 10 OF THE CURRENT 1ST TEAM ARE MARSELA'S

• Agree 2

While Marsella often took the credit for "finding" players, it wasn't like he was turning up at random English lower league matches and spotting players.  I believe we still have other scouts as well and Hughes has added to them.

• Agree 1

While Marsella often took the credit for "finding" players, it wasn't like he was turning up at random English lower league matches and spotting players.  I believe we still have other scouts as well and Hughes has added to them.

I do not think so !

I do not think so !

Renegade is correct!

Somebody more in the know will probably be able to confirm this properly, but this romantic idea of Marsella putting in a pin a map of Northern League grounds was nothing of the sort.  My understanding was ICT used to be offered players by agents and Marsella would go and watch them and report back.  On top of this, he wasn't the only scout ICT had access to and the agent/contact network we had down south still exists, with Hughes adding a few to it.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Somebody more in the know will probably be able to confirm this properly, but this romantic idea of Marsella putting in a pin a map of Northern League grounds was nothing of the sort.  My understanding was ICT used to be offered players by agents and Marsella would go and watch them and report back.  On top of this, he wasn't the only scout ICT had access to and the agent/contact network we had down south still exists, with Hughes adding a few to it.

WELL IT ISNT WORKING IF THE QUALITY THEY HAVE SOURCED ARE HORNER AND IBRA AND DONT SAY WE DIDNT NEED PLAYERS BECAUSE OF OUR CURRENT SQUAD IT IS NOT SO LONG AGO FANS WERE SUGGESTING BILLY HAD SHOT HIS BOLT AND WE NEEDED A NEW FORWARD -THIS SCOUTING REGIME COMES UP WITH IBRA!!!

PERSONALLY PREFERRED THE GUYS MARSELLA TOOK TO THE CLUB

Dear oh dear, someone's in a bad mood and you can tell someone's really raging when they right in capital letters!  :laugh:

Of course, not everyone brought in by Butcher/Marsella was a success.  Claude Gnakpa, Curtis Allen, Tom Aldred, Philip Roberts, Jordon Gibbons, Andre Blackman to name just a few.  Sekajja and Horner were brought into be squad cover and that's all.  It's unfair to slate Hughes on his signings just yet, when under his reign, we haven't really needed anyone who'd be a first team starter.  Let's see where we are next season before we really cast judgement over that part of his management.

Marsella's at Grimsby now by the way...

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 5

WELL IT ISNT WORKING IF THE QUALITY THEY HAVE SOURCED ARE HORNER AND IBRA AND DONT SAY WE DIDNT NEED PLAYERS BECAUSE OF OUR CURRENT SQUAD IT IS NOT SO LONG AGO FANS WERE SUGGESTING BILLY HAD SHOT HIS BOLT AND WE NEEDED A NEW FORWARD -THIS SCOUTING REGIME COMES UP WITH IBRA!!!PERSONALLY PREFERRED THE GUYS MARSELLA TOOK TO THE CLUB

He didn't bring them in. Rene is right. Players were recommended and he would go and watch them. If he thought they were any good he recommended them to TB. I've heard Yogi at a fans event state that he would never sign a player he hadn't personally seen himself! Also the previous management brought in some duds as well as great players remember.

Btw typing in capitals is shouting!

Good pLayers are not simply scouted. They have to impress on the training ground and on the pitch. As stated there are considerably more gaffs than there are successes. The reason that Butcher succeeded is that they lowered their sights and looked at stand out players at a lower level.

Dear oh dear, someone's in a bad mood and you can tell someone's really raging when they right in capital letters!  :laugh:

Of course, not everyone brought in by Butcher/Marsella was a success.  Claude Gnakpa, Curtis Allen, Tom Aldred, Philip Roberts, Jordon Gibbons, Andre Blackman to name just a few.  Sekajja and Horner were brought into be squad cover and that's all.  It's unfair to slate Hughes on his signings just yet, when under his reign, we haven't really needed anyone who'd be a first team starter.  Let's see where we are next season before we really cast judgement over that part of his management.

I will keep off the capitals so as to have a more balanced opinion !

Marsella went to Bolton then left there and has been unemployed for months and working free-lance whilst considering a position with Motherwell

No guesswork just fact

The press release was October last year

I can assure you he is no longer at Grimsby nor at Bolton but doesn't really matter as it appears JH has access to a better regime so time will tell.

Marsella left us of his own free will?

Dear oh dear, someone's in a bad mood and you can tell someone's really raging when they right in capital letters! :laugh:

Of course, not everyone brought in by Butcher/Marsella was a success. Claude Gnakpa, Curtis Allen, Tom Aldred, Philip Roberts, Jordon Gibbons, Andre Blackman to name just a few. Sekajja and Horner were brought into be squad cover and that's all. It's unfair to slate Hughes on his signings just yet, when under his reign, we haven't really needed anyone who'd be a first team starter. Let's see where we are next season before we really cast judgement over that part of his management.

I will keep off the capitals so as to have a more balanced opinion !

Marsella went to Bolton then left there and has been unemployed for months and working free-lance whilst considering a position with Motherwell

No guesswork just fact

Hi Steve :lol:

• Agree 2

Somebody more in the know will probably be able to confirm this properly, but this romantic idea of Marsella putting in a pin a map of Northern League grounds was nothing of the sort. My understanding was ICT used to be offered players by agents and Marsella would go and watch them and report back. On top of this, he wasn't the only scout ICT had access to and the agent/contact network we had down south still exists, with Hughes adding a few to it.

WELL IT ISNT WORKING IF THE QUALITY THEY HAVE SOURCED ARE HORNER AND IBRA AND DONT SAY WE DIDNT NEED PLAYERS BECAUSE OF OUR CURRENT SQUAD IT IS NOT SO LONG AGO FANS WERE SUGGESTING BILLY HAD SHOT HIS BOLT AND WE NEEDED A NEW FORWARD -THIS SCOUTING REGIME COMES UP WITH IBRA!!!

PERSONALLY PREFERRED THE GUYS MARSELLA TOOK TO THE CLUB

WHY SO ANGRY! !!!!?????

Maybe Shinnie isn't as good as many think - Stephen Hendrie, Hamilton Accies seems to be going to West Ham on a PC with £1m compo agreed between clubs - WOW!

It just goes to show the silly money that goes around in English football as Shinnie would surely command a similar fee as he is a more developed and complete player. One thing I would say is that with Shinnie going to Aberdeen , he will be guaranteed a game. MIght have got more money moving down south but would that have benefitted his career. The Hamilton player may get more money but will he play regularly or will he end up getting lost in the system and dropping down the leagues. West Ham could easily write off a million quid without any issues if that happens.

Disappointed that he has gone to Aberdeen mainly because I thought he could have done much better. At the end of the day though it's his career and his choice.

He's served us well and if he doesn't move on this month I am sure he will continue to perform in the same way.

Onwards and upwards as they say.

....I stil don't really get how fees are arrived at. Were West Ham due to pay a fee for development of Hendrie, even if he went on a pre-contract at the end of the season? If so, presumably it would be the same in Shinnie's case. Or was the fee just to sweeten the deal....a gift from West Ham to the paupers? Hendrie for a million on a pre-contract and BMck for £150k now - how does all this work? What about the £3M offer for Efe Ambrose the other day????? Would you swap him for Warren or Meekings (I wouldn't!), but what would we get for them? Buttons.

It is certainly a market that works like no other!

• Agree 1

....I stil don't really get how fees are arrived at. Were West Ham due to pay a fee for development of Hendrie, even if he went on a pre-contract at the end of the season? If so, presumably it would be the same in Shinnie's case. Or was the fee just to sweeten the deal....a gift from West Ham to the paupers? Hendrie for a million on a pre-contract and BMck for £150k now - how does all this work? What about the £3M offer for Efe Ambrose the other day????? Would you swap him for Warren or Meekings (I wouldn't!), but what would we get for them? Buttons.

It is certainly a market that works like no other!

I totally agree PerthICT but the annoying thing is that we never seem to be part of the handouts 

• Agree 1