FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Partick Thistle Friday night

tm4tj

There is absolutely no progression through this team. Duffy or Ram get the ball at the back and stride forward but Carson and Welsh are nowhere to be found to take the ball from them or make themselves available to create some space. So Duffy and Ram end up dinking or hoofing the ball forward in the vague direction of Mckay but most of the time it goes to Sneddon. It's repetitive garbage and absolutely mind boggling how Dodds hasn't done something to address this. I think we've had one shot in the first half. Pathetic.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, RiG said:

There is absolutely no progression through this team. Duffy or Ram get the ball at the back and stride forward but Carson and Welsh are nowhere to be found to take the ball from them or make themselves available to create some space. So Duffy and Ram end up dinking or hoofing the ball forward in the vague direction of Mckay but most of the time it goes to Sneddon. It's repetitive garbage and absolutely mind boggling how Dodds hasn't done something to address this. I think we've had one shot in the first half. Pathetic.

Where are they both supposed to be playing? From the stand both are NOT playing midfield roles.

2 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Where are they both supposed to be playing? From the stand both are NOT playing midfield roles.

From watching on the livestream I am guessing they are part of the midfield 3 with Hyde (although he might be pushed up slightly) but I am not sure.

Doran on at half time for Boyd.

As things stand, we are 7 points off the promotion play offs and 9 off the relegation play off.

Sadly I don’t see us closing the gap at the top any time soon and we are more likely to get dragged into the relegation fight. 

• Agree 1

I really feel sorry for anyone who travelled down to Glasgow tonight.

Partick have battered us and looked like they are in a low gear.

We’ve never looked like creating anything. It’s all too predictable. Are some players going through the motions, playing an easy pass but not doing the creative stuff they should be doing? Have Dodds and the backroom staff lost the players?

The lack of news on injured players is a concern. How long are MacGregor, Allardice and Samuels to be out for? We were never told they had long term injuries (as far as I know).

Where do we go from here? It’s hard to see anything for us this season based on the last couple of months.

I’m not one to clamour for a Manager’s head but I really do think change is needed. Even when we were winning games we were unconvincing. This squad should be doing better than it is.

Talk on another thread about being at risk of administration is a major concern. We were always well run financially, living in it close to our means. Things are wrong on and off the pitch.

Time for the CEO to step up and outline the plans for the rest of this season and for next season.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 2

If you or the moderators on this site think it is appropriate to bring up a totally irrelevant court case on a topic featured Partick v ICT where we all should be discussing a disappointing result and our slipping down the table then it’s a sad. But certainly in keeping with your incessant vitriol.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic