Positive news?

With all this doom and gloom and rightly worrying about our future, one positive I noted from one of the articles on the Inverness Courier is that "several people are interested in investing/buying the club" and that "discussions are ongoing on that front" so hopefully we get this sorted by next Midweek then we can completely rebuild this club :ictscarf:

We simply CANNOT let administration happen to this club as we could well be demoted and also under a transfer embargo which is the last thing we need seeing as we hardly have a team as it is!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The problem is Scott Gardiner is still hanging about and I don't think any serious investor (if we can call the that) will be interested while he is in the building as mentioned on other threads.  While I would like as all fans to see the club saved there are still barriers to overcome, we will have to wait and see what happens next week fingers still crossed!

• Like 1
  • Well Said 1

8 hours ago, IBM said:

The problem is Scott Gardiner is still hanging about and I don't think any serious investor (if we can call the that) will be interested while he is in the building

If it was simply a question of money - of paying Gardiner what he is contractually entitled to - then the question for an investor is simply whether to wait until he is gone, or to pay him off now with part of a new investment. At the end of the day, the net result for the club's finances should be the same.

As you suggest, though, there's probably more to it than just money.

One of the things you'd expect a person working their notice period to do would be to do a handover to bring their successor up to speed.  The problem there is that there doesn't seem to be a successor....

• Like 1

Do we, a first division side, really need a CEO? Could various duties not just be shared between present staff? Let’s be honest - what did he do well?

• Agree 5

3 hours ago, Hearach said:

Do we, a first division side, really need a CEO? Could various duties not just be shared between present staff? Let’s be honest - what did he do well?

I think it was nailed in another thread... the CEO is so autocratic that there are certain tasks that are needed and only he is aware of how to do them. No-one has likely ever been trained in those tasks and with time being short to the start of the season, he needs to get those done before he goes.

That is the only scenario that sort of makes sense to me. GB is never the most eloquent speaker when interviewed as he will often speak frankly and without filter before processing the words into corporate speak. I hope what he is telling us is this, and it's a case of tying up those loose ends before the loose end of the CEO gets tied up himself. Anything else is a new title on an unchanged situation.  

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, IBM said:

The problem is Scott Gardiner is still hanging about and I don't think any serious investor (if we can call the that) will be interested while he is in the building as mentioned on other threads.  While I would like as all fans to see the club saved there are still barriers to overcome, we will have to wait and see what happens next week fingers still crossed!

Can we surmise it's so SG can answer the insolvency practitioner's immediate questions, unlock the filing cabinets, open the books.  

If administration does happen, and the administrator calls for season tickets to be purchased while Gardiner is still on the premises, it would be a major block and mis-step.  

But that being the case, any half-decent insolvency practitioner/administrator would soon show SG the exit, to join the other gardening leavers, to get the best deal for creditors - which includes maximising season ticket money.`

It is very, very positive that there appears to be buyers - I just wonder what Ross and directors' conditions will be.  

• Like 1

What sort of "buyers" are we talking about here?  One of the reasons for opposing the Kelty move was to preserve the essence of the club being embedded into the community.  People felt passionately about this.  What we need to be wary of it someone buying the club as a personal plaything only to dump it a few years down the line.  We need to be looking for a happy compromise here.  It is certainly encouraging that there seem to be potential investors out there.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

What sort of "buyers" are we talking about here?  One of the reasons for opposing the Kelty move was to preserve the essence of the club being embedded into the community.  People felt passionately about this.  What we need to be wary of it someone buying the club as a personal plaything only to dump it a few years down the line.  We need to be looking for a happy compromise here.  

Which is why it is imperative that a body representing the fans, such as the Supporters' Trust, has influence over major decisions taken by the club.

• Agree 3

Just hearing that the Board have rejected Taylor Swift’s £500m investment proposal because she wasn’t prepared to relocate to Inverness and only wanted to turn up for matches.

• Funny 1

She would definitely 'shake it up' .... ok, no more puns, I have reached the end of my Taylor Swift knowledge now 🙂 ... knowing our recent track records though, we'd be more likely to end up with Kanye. 

• Funny 1

14 hours ago, Hearach said:

Nothing ! Couldn’t even resign properly 

• Funny 1

A God awful mess : who on earth thought it was a good idea to appoint Gardiner in the first place and why given his clearly antagonistic / authoritarian attitude did we not give him the boot much earlier ( I guess the answer to the latter question is the cost of paying him off)....??

A lot of really bad decisions / appointments have been made since 2015 :  really disappointing as this is in complete contrast to how the club was run during our first 20 years.

Let's hope we can avoid administration not only for the penalty perspective but also from the way it reflects on a club.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, DWH said:

A God awful mess : who on earth thought it was a good idea to appoint Gardiner in the first place and why given his clearly antagonistic / authoritarian attitude did we not give him the boot much earlier ( I guess the answer to the latter question is the cost of paying him off)....??

A lot of really bad decisions / appointments have been made since 2015 :  really disappointing as this is in complete contrast to how the club was run during our first 20 years.

Let's hope we can avoid administration not only for the penalty perspective but also from the way it reflects on a club.

Why would they sack Gardiner? Not long before quitting and leaving us in this state The (former) Chairman said that Gardiner had been 'loyal' and had been doing a good job. 

That terrified me because it clearly demonstrated the huge disconnect between the board and the reality of the situation with the fans and Gardiner. Did he not hear fans singing 'Gardiner GTF' week after week? 🤷‍♂️

The first thing I thought any half decent board would do after relegation would be to get rid of Gardiner but nope, we doubled down and with 'delight' announced the Kelty move. 

Personally I think it was just easier for them to employ him, let him tell them how amazing he was doing. Nobody seemed to ever have the backbone to question him, his decisions, his attitude, his methods or his recruitment. Some people have been saying for years he's detrimental to the club, nobody listened. Just pathetic all round. 

Edited by Fraz
  • Agree 9