FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Goodbye Golly

The guy did well for our promotion winning team and our first season in the SPL, and yes he scored our first SPL goal, down side is that nobody lasts for ever, he will move on to pastures new.

remember that goal well absolute cracker :crazy07: also he was a great player with us in seasons 02/03 n 03/04 especially, but sadly i dont think he was ever able to cut it out in the SPL. good luck though to wherever he decides to go next.

he'll always be 1 o my caley jags legends :022:

A good servant to the club who deserves regular first team football at this stage of his career, unfortunately, it loks as though that will have to be elsewhere.

I'm sure he's capable of doing a good job at first division level for a few seasons yet.

Good luck to him.

Good player, Good Guy, and unfortunately Good Bye ........ Good luck to Golly wherever he ends up (Peterhead anyone ?).

A great servant to the club who deserves regular first team football somewhere but that is not going to be ICT. If he was used at all, it would only be sparingly as RH has made that position his own on merit and it doesnt sound like Golly would accept that. 

Good player, Good Guy, and unfortunately Good Bye ........ Good luck to Golly wherever he ends up (Peterhead anyone ?).

A great servant to the club who deserves regular first team football somewhere but that is not going to be ICT. If he was used at all, it would only be sparingly as RH has made that position his own on merit and it doesnt sound like Golly would accept that. 

No doubt Hastings has earned hs place - he has surpassed Golly, but he got his chane when Golly got crocked. Much like McCaff and Dodds. Golly had a few goes, but never seemed to be quite the same as he was before his longterm injury.

I never rated him at all in the lower divisions but in our first season in the SPL he was immense - he absolutely terrorised opposing defenders with his crazy lung busting runs and unpredictable mis-hit passes. He was pure chaos - unfortunatly sometimes at the wrong end. Had it not been for his injury he'd probably still be holding his own. It was a shame that his waistline seemed to balloon as soon as he lost his place.

Good strike - presumably the "you fat b4stard" chants are aimed at Golly? After returning from injury he was half the player he used to be, yet he was also double the player he had been.

I know it's a dog eat dog world, but I can't see the club standing in his way for the sake of a transfer fee - may depend on who it is he is looking to sign for but I'd imagine we'd let him go for free given his service to the club over the years.