FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Today's stewarding.

Flower

Guest DavidG

Yesterday i was the first fan to be led out of the Stadium for standin up and followin my team. I dont think u wil find many caley fans loyalr than me, went to my first match when i was 4 in their first season in the Scottish league. if u cut me i wud bleed caley thislte. but yesterdy i was sadden by the events. i wil b takin ma complaints to a higher level. they complain about lack of atmosphere wel they can shove it if that is how we r treated. one man callled ma brother a disgrace who( my brother was also throwen out on the same grounds as me) who was that guy, is he better than my brother, how can he possibly call him a disgrace for supportin the cause. one man was heard sayin to the steward tell them lot 2 shut up and behave, these r the people who spoil football, they have to much say and r override wot the harcore, loyal fans want. these people wish for a quiet saturday at the football, doesnt happen like that. I feel let down and am in the discusions to meet, mr christise, mr savage and mr smith. Thank you for al those who appreciated the effort and r in our support, like one man who stood up and said to the steward as i was lead out "see sense let him stay in". This comment was posted by David Greenshields, e-mail me at davidgrulez@hotmail.com with any replys and feelings for what i have had to say.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last home game I was at was the Falkirk game before the split and I got warned by a steward for my 'language'.  Stewards are obviously not trained how to speak to people or deal with fans as the high-handed demenour I was spoken to was laughable.  If I'd been more confrontational or pished I could have easily been thrown out.  It doesn't surprise me that this sort of thing has gone on as stewards at our ground seem to be educationally sub-standard drop-outs who have no interest in making things better for fans but rather taking a ridiculously rigid line on what is deemed acceptable.  You have to look as well at the people handing out guidelines to them.  How hard would it be for someone to say to the stewards in a pre-match meeting "there's a singing section on the go, they might stand up on occasions but take it easy and only do anything if there is an actual evident risk to the health and safety or if people stand up the whole match".

If stewards swore at people or threatened them then eventually we're going to get someone giving one of them a smack in the mouth which is a completely unacceptable situation.  We want people to come to our games and enjoy themselves rather than have to deal with some trumped up Captain Manwairing.

is there anything in any other papers today?if there isn't the guys who got chucked out should say 2  1 of the papers.and make sure mike smith gets all the stick and bad press 4 what he did yest.still can't believe they would treat their own fans who have been loyal 4 so many years like this.

I was watching in absolute amazement at what was happening yesterday afternoon.  It was an utter disgrace and I echo everything that has been said on here already.

I have already written a letter to the local press and the club.

It made my blood boil witnising that

Personally I would throw half of you lot out for your inability to grasp the English language (the site has a spell checker!) but that's a different subject  :016:

Yesterday showed how good an atmosphere we can create if like minded people are allowed to congregate and sing/chant or whatever. Sadly when the rain came on and a lot of people in the singing section went back into the North Stand that reduced our numbers and it made it easier for the stewards to pick on the smaller group of fans without reprisal.

All that was ever asked of us was to sit down in the seats. That's fair enough, in my opinion, but only if we are blocking someone else's view. No one's view was being obstructed yesterday afternoon so I am not too sure what the problem was there. There wasn't many of us, we were well spaced out and our section was, as a result, not over flowing with fans. Actions of the stewards - hassle and intimidate young fans who merely asked the question we all were thinking about asking "Who are we offending by standing up?". Answer - "You're out!".

Contrast this to an OF game where Celtic/Rangers fans stand throughout the 90 minutes, spill over into the aisles, rush down the stand when they score and invade the pitch - resultant action from the stewards - nothing.

It is very much one rule for Home fans and another for Away fans and it is one that is adversely affecting Home fans - they won't get behind their team because they know they run a risk of getting thrown out by an over zealous steward.

We were in the singing section and my daughter just loved it she was singing away like the rest loving the bouncy bouncy ....then we moved to our usual seats due to the rain and she was not impressed..... also its discusting the way these fans were treated .....i for one will be emailing the club with my thoughts the atnosphere there was brilliant at the start ......and as for the steward that was sat in front of the section we sit section g north stand he was something else .... where do rock steady get these people ????

Guest donmac298

Rig, it doesn't say much for your command of the English language if you have to use the spell checker.............don't be offended, I'm only joking!

is there anything in any other papers today?if there isn't the guys who got chucked out should say 2  1 of the papers.and make sure mike smith gets all the stick and bad press 4 what he did yest.still can't believe they would treat their own fans who have been loyal 4 so many years like this.

I believe that there is a small bit in the News of the World today, but I'm sure it will be more widespread.  I'm sure a lot of the guests we have had on hear since last night will be press looking for a story.  I don't think there is a huge amount to be gained by speaking to press at this stage until the internal and trust investigations have been completed and a statement made following a joint meeting which will take place sometime this week. 

as L_G says there are many guests on here many of whom in my opinion my well be press.  there are also a few 'new' posters on the board looking for folk to send them copies of and correspondence with the club regarding this to them.  maybe i'm just a bit paraniod but i would be very wary of doing this as you have absoluetly no idea of who these people are.  if you have concerns and wish to email the club do so and copy the email to the supporters trust  who will be dealing with this in the proper manner and will let you know the outcome of their discussions in the correct manner.

IHE hasnt been on since after the game..think he might be in the cells???

I suspect he hasn't yet arrived home, but I'm sure we'll be the first to know once he has internet access.  He could only be in the cells if he has comitted an offence, and as far as we are aware there were no arrests as such.

IHE lives in Chorley

He regularly makes the 700 mile round trip to support his heroes, and yesterday the best this club could do for him was to eject him from the stadium for singing songs.

A fourteen hour journey to be treated like a hooligan, it is a disgrace. :008: :008: :008:

The atmosphere yesterday was excellent. The attitude of the stewards was quite clearly over the top but they were simply acting on instructions.

Someone in a very senior position at the club is quite patently incapable of doing their job. Surely that persons's alary ould be better utilised elsewhere !

I fear that the club is going to say as follows in a statement.

Standing is not allowed :008:

When asked the singers ignored the reasonable request of the stewards( who do a marvellous job and that without them football would not be able to be played in Inverness). :023:

What happens in other sections of the ground is not your concern sonny, just you do as your told. :32:

The Old Firm are a special case and can do as they wish as they have some of the best supporters in the world. :33:

The club are only doing as the SPL ask and we don't want fined. :020:

Just pay your money and do as you are told when asked to by highly paid well trained event stewards who have the best interests of the supporters in mind at all times. :017:

Have you bought next seasons season ticket yet? :rotflmao:

Oh I forgot

It's not Mike Smiths fault.

I feel that season tickets holders should hold off in renewing their tickets until we can get guarantee's that the stewards who obviously dnt know the Criminal law (Consolidation) Act 1995 legistaltion are banned from working at ICT games.  Also the steward that manhandled one of the boys ejected is fired and possibly charged with assault.

I feel that season tickets holders should hold off in renewing their tickets until we can get guarantee's that the stewards who obviously dnt know the Criminal law (Consolidation) Act 1995 legistaltion are banned from working at ICT games.  Also the steward that manhandled one of the boys ejected is fired and possibly charged with assault.
WHAT DOES IT MATTER,THE CLUB HAVE SHOWN ON A FEW OCCASIONS NOW THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THE FANS

i was one of the few who was ejected for no more than what i can say was supporting my team. it was an absolute shambles. i mean surely they must have expected those of us in the singing section to be standing for most of the game.  most of the stewards i spoke to agreed that we shud have been free to stand as we wish but they were only doing wat they were instructed to do.   the steward that i was ejected by treated me liike i was a young hooligan.  in no way was it right for him to threaten to "burst" me as soon as we were out of sight of everyone else the way he did.  and then to threaten to throw me down two flights of stairs was just ridiculous.  n then to say that he wasnt going to mention the incident in the report was a kick in the teeth. thats y can only hope that he is dealt with by the right authority but ah really cant see it

Go to the police mate.  That is nothing short of assault.  They wear fluorescent yellow jackets to make them easily identifiable, the jackets do not give them the right to use excessive force.

I have approached someone in the supporters trust who has said that they will review the whole situation at a meeting tonight.

Guest sophia

Seems to me that we have a case of lack of preparation and communication that has led to unfulfilled expectations.

The organisers of "the singing section" may have to take a deal of responsibility in this farce.

The idea is analogous to a public march, all details are discussed and agreed with the authorities in advance, not to do so is inviting anarchy.

If dialogue did take place and standing was planned but not discussed, then this was an act of sheer folly.

I would dearly like to stand at the game but alas the rules we have are in place for good reason.

However, the reaction by the stewards and police and the way football supporters are treated in general is pitiful.

The club, last game of the season and all, could very easily have turned a blind eye - if they could. I suspect its not their shout (pardon the pun) and the Match Commander has the say.

By the way, I didn't bother reading the posts infected by text terminology. I'm sorry but the stream of consonants and lack of structure leave me unable to give the posts much in the way of credibility.

The hysterical nature of some of this thread is, well, hysterical.

Talk of martyrs and boycotting of season ticket sales are off the scale.

Finally, the Kilted Pied Piper is obviously old enough to look out for himself, but leading the choir in such a way, seemed to me, to be inviting ejection and incorrigible younger fans to get themselves into trouble.

I would dearly like to stand at the game but alas the rules we have are in place for good reason.

The hysterical nature of some of this thread is, well, hysterical.

Talk of martyrs and boycotting of season ticket sales are off the scale.

:014: Aye, very good.