Today's stewarding.

Flower

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest paynis69

cheers pal

may i also just say apart from the swewards today, i thought the singing section was excellent. we need a roof too tho!!!

Guest Andr3w

i was in section a at the back and the drummer that got chucked out is one of my mates. He was only explaining his point of view but the steward didn't like it so chucked him out, the way in which they handled him was shocking the steward grab the drums stick out of his hands and was moaning like ****. not a good performance by the steward!! :32: :33:

I sat in the North stand and was well impressed with the effort made by those in the "singing in the rain section"  I also thought the reaction of the jobsworths - sorry stewards was way over the top.  There appeared to be nothing being done about away fans being stood up.  I understand the crowd safety reasons but there were about 100 guys and gals helping create an atmosphere being victimised by our own stewards who were only succeeding in antagonising all and sundry.

What ever happened to commonsense - I remember it was outlawed by the Blair government.

kencar thats exactly what they'll do but i say we take it further.get the media involved.get someone on scotsport.does anyone know a guy called  colin,main stand,section c,he writes an article in a paper every week and this week he said it'll be about this.so if the club don't respond our do anything we should go to the media.it will probs be hard to get in2 it but someone must have contacts?!!

Full points to the singing section for creating the best home atmosphere of the season. Better singing by far than anything you will hear (if you are sad enough to watch it) on 'Eurovision' tonight. Well done to all!!  :022:

Shockingly inconsistent stewarding and policing however. Why is it that at other grounds the away fans are treated like criminals while the home fans are left alone? Not one cowardly yellow-clad person could be seen tackling the many Dunfermline fans who were standing throughout the game. Stewards and policemen - you did everything in your power to ruin what was an excellent atmosphere on a bleak and miserable wet day. Shame on you for your insensitive and heavy-handed approach to a good-natured group of supporters!!

Finally, I dedicate this post to Johndo and all the other martyrs who were so harshly dealt with by the law. :clapping03:

kencar thats exactly what they'll do but i say we take it further.get the media involved.get someone on scotsport.does anyone know a guy called  colin,main stand,section c,he writes an article in a paper every week and this week he said it'll be about this.so if the club don't respond our do anything we should go to the media.it will probs be hard to get in2 it but someone must have contacts?!!

i would be very very careful of what you say to the media - they have a knack of twisting your words without you knowing it.  if you have an issue get in touch with the trust - they will not be brushing anything under the carpet.  if - once they have dealt with it you're still not satisfied then by all means do as you wish...

just a word of caution.........

Couldn't make it to the game today but disgusted with the stories I've heard from this thread although not surprised!

What is even more annoying is that they had warning a singing section was planned and still have managed to feck it up, Rocksteady couldn't organise a pi55 up in a brewery.  It does seem as though our home fans are being treated with less respect than the away fans, which is ludicrous after all we are meant to be at home!!

Guest ictdave

Well what a disgrace the stewards should hang there head in shame after today.  The way my mate was treated today was terrable.  And as posted earlier he was threatend by the steward. Shocking. :020: :32: :33:

Can all of those who were threatened, removed or manhandled by the stewards, or who were actually in the singing section and witnessed the events please email the Supporters Trust info@ictsupporterstrust.co.uk or PM DJS, LG or Maimie and tell them exactly what happened and your feelings on todays events

IT IS IMPORTANT YOU DO THIS TODAY OR TOMORROW

Guest theflamehaired1

An absolute shambles.

I was up the back of section A, trying to get some atmosphere for once.

At first someone was sent from Alan Savage telling us to sit down.... Didn't CC ask for more noise from fans very recently?

Then the stewards asked us to sit down. When questioned why, the response was "rules are rules", no standing..... Except of course you are an away fan.

One boy was taken by the police for standing... but at half time a steward said it was because he swore at a policeman. And that's just a lie.

Later on we were told we had to sit for insurance reasons, but we were allowed to take it up with Mike Smith after the game. Unsurprisingly, he was unavailable to come and talk to us himself. If that is the case, why is it OK to stand at half time, when we score, or when sitting in the away end?

The lad with the drum, a close friend of mine, was pointing out all the inconsistencies but the steward was totally out of line in his actions. He grabbed the boy by the scruff of the neck, swiped his drum sticks and hauled him out of the ground. When they were down the steps he said to my friend:

"If you don't shut up I'll kick your f***ing head in!"

That is totally unacceptable to say to a 17 year old at a "family club" and I would like to see this steward reprimanded.

Also when the rain was at its heaviest, the stewards were content to stand in the shelter and allow us to stand and sing. Interstingly enough, it was at this time when we scored. Proof that singing section - stewards = atmosphere = results on the field.

Caley, this is no way to treat your own fans. Get this mess sorted out!

An absolute shambles.

I was up the back of section A, trying to get some atmosphere for once.

At first someone was sent from Alan Savage telling us to sit down.... Didn't CC ask for more noise from fans very recently?

Then the stewards asked us to sit down. When questioned why, the response was "rules are rules", no standing..... Except of course you are an away fan.

One boy was taken by the police for standing... but at half time a steward said it was because he swore at a policeman. And that's just a lie.

Later on we were told we had to sit for insurance reasons, but we were allowed to take it up with Mike Smith after the game. Unsurprisingly, he was unavailable to come and talk to us himself. If that is the case, why is it OK to stand at half time, when we score, or when sitting in the away end?

The lad with the drum, a close friend of mine, was pointing out all the inconsistencies but the steward was totally out of line in his actions. He grabbed the boy by the scruff of the neck, swiped his drum sticks and hauled him out of the ground. When they were down the steps he said to my friend:

"If you don't shut up I'll kick your f***ing head in!"

That is totally unacceptable to say to a 17 year old at a "family club" and I would like to see this steward reprimanded.

Also when the rain was at its heaviest, the stewards were content to stand in the shelter and allow us to stand and sing. Interstingly enough, it was at this time when we scored. Proof that singing section - stewards = atmosphere = results on the field.

Caley, this is no way to treat your own fans. Get this mess sorted out!

If this stewards actions were as they are described there, then it is not only unacceptable, it is assault.  Get your mate to fire an assault charge at the steward.

Guest ictdave

Can all of those who were threatened, removed or manhandled by the stewards, or who were actually in the singing section and witnessed the events please email the Supporters Trust info@ictsupporterstrust.co.uk or PM DJS, LG or Maimie and tell them exactly what happened and your feelings on todays events

IT IS IMPORTANT YOU DO THIS TODAY OR TOMORROW

Message Sent :003:

I sit in section B Main Stand and I just loved the atmosphere today, as A96  says,  best of the season. It really livened up the stadium and  was tremendous. I saw people being taken out and thought it was disgusting. What is the point of getting everyone together to make a noise and then  complaining about.... well anything. As has been pointed out many times they let the away support get off with standing. 

Guest theflamehaired1

tom gallacher has officially joined the forum site!!yesss!lol

Just a shame it was this afternoon's circumstances which forced me to dig out the old password.

message for maimie - don't hold your breath that you will get anywhere by speaking to the high heidyeins at ICT. I'm still waiting for the courtesy of a reply to my letter to Alan Savage sent in almost 3 months ago! we are only the paying public after all who pay for tickets, programmes, pies, teas, centenary club tickets, bus fares, caley club membership etc etc.

i witnessed some of the goings on today and concur with everything that has been said, the high handed attitude from the stewards and police was totally unnecessary. i am one of the famous sweetie paper rustlers from the main stand and really enjoyed the 'din' made today by the singing section members, well done to all concerned.

standing to sing is no crime in fact i'll be in church tomorrow and guess what we all do when we go to sing a hymn, yes STAND!

i was bangin th big white drum th day :001:  n i was appauled at seein 4 or 5 of ma mates bein chucked out  :008:

charlie and th club have been dyin for abit o atmosphere at caley 4 ages. we finally gave it to them n mike smith which i must add gave th go ahead 4 th singin section then decides to tell th stewards to chuck us out cz we were standin. mike smith is a complete FOOL if he thought there would be a singin section and we wouldnt stand up.

i also want to say how i spoke to a policeman at the end of th game and he stated he didnt see wat all th fuss was, because we weren't being violent and we weren't misbehaving and we weren't in anybodies way.

i conclude by saying this is typical bad management from th top! they don't give a toss about us fans who are the bread and butter of the club!!

but on a plus note today was FANTASTIC!! it really was. i dont think ive heard that sort of atmosphere at caley park for a long time. lets all get together and try and push for a permanent singing section.    :021:

speaking to one of the guys that got chucked out 2day on msn....he's ripping....said he was so close 2 hitting someone,2 right...he's saying that 1 caley fan shouted at him "ur a f**king disgrace to the club" now thats no way to address your fans.no wait he is...because he was singing.o no he was singing.what a disgrace....but he's saying the stewards and police wanted 2 send him back 2 section a but were under orders not 2.

Guest theflamehaired1

see if nothings done about the goings on of today.and no statements are released and no1 at the club says anything....do you want to get people together and protest outside the ground one day??

Yes, definitely.

If this is ignored it will be a fallacy.