FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Today's stewarding.

Flower

see if nothings done about the goings on of today.and no statements are released and no1 at the club says anything....do you want to get people together and protest outside the ground one day??

i'm up 4 abit of that :022:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest theflamehaired1

speaking to one of the guys that got chucked out 2day on msn....he's ripping....said he was so close 2 hitting someone,2 right...he's saying that 1 caley fan shouted at him "ur a f**king disgrace to the club" now thats no way to address your fans.no wait he is...because he was singing.o no he was singing.what a disgrace....but he's saying the stewards and police wanted 2 send him back 2 section a but were under orders not 2.

Perhaps they were shouting at the stewards?

we should get flags made over the summer then next season every1 will have them.have them for sale in the shop...just like the 1's chelsea have.that would really get mike smith and the stewards going..just imagine how much damage we could do with the sticks a?we could hit someone in the eye?!

Rossco23 - Aye I'm up for protesting if no satisfactory statement is forthcoming from the club

Personal Messages

Click on Main Site on the toolbar below your profile photo and look on the left hand side under log in / out - click on Private Messages

Although I wasn't involved in the singing, I was sitting right next to the main bulk of the supporters, and across the aisle from one of the lads that was thrown out.

At half time (mainly due to rain) I moved to where my brothers were sitting and I passed on the story to many of the supporters and they were all shocked and appalled.  It seemed that when IHE was thrown out, the focus of the supporters was on him rather then the match and most people were appalled.

The booing could be heard loud and clear.

I would be willing to back up any of the supporters who were thrown out in the first half only if needed.

I think it would be worth printing all these threads and mailing them to Mike Smith (or whoever was 'in control' of the security) so they have a true reflection of the fans feelings

yup yup i always wondered by bingham_legend aka the benni drum corp didnt want to stick around as our club takes massive steps forward but when the club is as hypocritical* as this it does make you think

*perhaps a strong word to use as I am very grateful to the club for giving us this oppurtunity but until I simmer down itl have to do

Guest loyal_army

also at half-time i over heard a fan saying 2 george macrae "can you get something done about the noise over there....its annoying me" now thats shocking

for whoever that **** is that said that shouldnt be at a fricken football game... he needs to get a life!!

as for today, it was a total disgrace - really, all we want to do is hav some fun, (do the bouncy), and support our team vocally!! is that to much to ask? :008:

[move] :clapping03: :clapping03: :021: IN FULL SUPPORT OF THE SINGING SECTION NEXT SEASON  :021: :clapping03: :clapping03:[/move]

I have just penned the following email to the supporters trust and the club...............

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I am of the view that today's policing of the singing section was an absolute disgrace. I am well aware of the issues regarding safety licenses with people standing. However whether it is 20 fans or 2000 fans contravening the rules they are all guilty so therefore should ALL be  ejected from the ground.

So next season I will expect the 2000 Rangers,Celtic or Aberdeen fans to be ejected from the ground for standing throughout the whole game. I would be very grateful if you could ask the club, police and stewards for ratification of this.

I also wish to point out that the young lad with the drum that was ejected from the ground was subjected to what I feel was an assault from the steward that was forcefully removing him. From my seat in the North stand I could see the steward repeatedly jerk the young lads arm in an aggressive manner despite the young lads obvious compliance.

I hope that this matter will be  resolved rather swiftly or I very much doubt that I will renew my family's season tickets. I WOULD ALSO GO AS FAR AS TO ASK PEOPLE NOT TO RENEW OR BUY SEASON TICKETS UNTIL WE HAVE ASSURANCES FROM THE CLUB THAT EVERY SUPPORTER WHETHER HOME OR AWAY, OLD FIRM OR NEW FIRM ARE GOVERNED BY THE SAME RULES. THEREFORE IF 1500 FANS IN THE SOUTH STAND , STAND UP THEY WILL BE EJECTED JUST LIKE THE 20 IN THE NORTH STAND OR SINGING SECTION.

I would be very grateful for a reply from both yourselves and the club on this matter.

Kind Regards

A most Disgruntled Fan."

Essentially i feel that a boycot of season ticket renewal or first time purchase is required until we receive certain assurances from the club. Our fans should be treated with respect and not the disdain we were subjected to today. Well done to all those in the singing section and long may it continue. Cauldron TCS here we come.

having read some of these stories i have to say im pretty angry about it

id advice the supporters trust folk to not give mike smith the satisfaction of allowing him to explain himself in person or in writing on this one but rather support a wider movement for better/fairer treatment of fans, which would include the problems with away fans in the home end for old firm games, ticket pricing, access to merchandise etc.  all backed up with the threat of non-renewal or returning of season tickets if nothing changes

when the club take you seriously then things will get better.  as things stand, this website doesnt have a wide enough reach over our fanbase to make an impact (no matter if its first hand witness statements from yesterdays game, or any incident) to effect a long term change of attitude towards our small but loyal support.

this story should be played out in the press at first so all of our support locally are aware of the incident and what action the trust intends to take.  when 500+ people (at least) are given the chance to pitch in with suggestions/opinions/support on the problems rather than 20, to the trust, that ive posted above, the club should be given the chance to respond.  that should probably be to the trust, then mend mistakes from there.

at the very least they might be aware that the fans exist.  and we're capable of making ourselves heard.  when they know we're watching and noticing that stewarding problems (for example) dont improve then they will have to act for our benifit

the club cant exist without us  :011:

There is a small bit in the NOTW today.  It is in the match report under the section 'Moan of the Match'

"A NUMBER of home fans were thrown out for standing up, while Pars fans were free to do as they wished"

Did someone speak to Alasdair Fraser about this at the match?

Might I suggest letters to the local press, the national press, the club, Scotsport, and hot lines that tabloids run (such as the Daily Record's HOTLINE)

i cant believe what i am reading on this thread, i couldnt make the game as young Cairn was playing football, for home fans to be ejected by home stewards beggers belief, have the lunatics taken over the asylum. This matches an incident last week , my wife was at the Donnie Munro concert and people where telling her to  SHHHHHHHHhh  as she was enjoying herself, the 2 of these incidents are on par with each other, be quiet at a football match , be quiet at a concert :33: :33: :33:

i was one of the few who was ejected for no more than what i can say was supporting my team. it was an absolute shambles. i mean surely they must have expected those of us in the singing section to be standing for most of the game.  most of the stewards i spoke to agreed that we shud have been free to stand as we wish but they were only doing wat they were instructed to do.   the steward that i was ejected by treated me liike i was a young hooligan.  in no way was it right for him to threaten to "burst" me as soon as we were out of sight of everyone else the way he did.  and then to threaten to throw me down two flights of stairs was just ridiculous.  n then to say that he wasnt going to mention the incident in the report was a kick in the teeth. thats y can only hope that he is dealt with by the right authority but ah really cant see it

i was one of the few who was ejected for no more than what i can say was supporting my team. it was an absolute shambles. i mean surely they must have expected those of us in the singing section to be standing for most of the game.  most of the stewards i spoke to agreed that we shud have been free to stand as we wish but they were only doing wat they were instructed to do.   the steward that i was ejected by treated me liike i was a young hooligan.  in no way was it right for him to threaten to "burst" me as soon as we were out of sight of everyone else the way he did.  and then to threaten to throw me down two flights of stairs was just ridiculous.  n then to say that he wasnt going to mention the incident in the report was a kick in the teeth. thats y can only hope that he is dealt with by the right authority but ah really cant see it

Go to the police mate.  That is nothing short of assault.  They wear fluorescent yellow jackets to make them easily identifiable, the jackets do not give them the right to use excessive force.

I'm absolutely appalled to read about what happened yesterday - I was at the match but couldn't really see what was going on. What is is about the stewards at our matches??? They haven't a clue about dealing with real problem areas ie away fans (probably coz they're too scared to get involved) - what about all the away fans who were standing up all the way thro the match? Do they not count? I suppose it would have been too much hassle to eject all the away fans anyway, but they obviously have some sort of special deal with the powers-that-be that they don't get touched for any misdemeanours while at the match. Same seems to go for all the away supporters who manage to wheedle their way into the main/north stand at alarming regularity, celebrate if their team scores and then don't get touched for it - perhaps the stewards would do better to look out for the likes of these before pushing their weight around with home supporters who are no more causing trouble than flying in the air. Home supporters are the life-blood of the club and management would do well to remember that - I reckon this incident has p......d off enough people that they'll have to listen to the supporters for a change rather than brushing their views under the carpet.

PS well done the singers/drummers - would join in more often if only I knew the words???