FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dargs to Motherwell?

caley100

Courier says that Motherwell have made an offer to Dargo to sign for them, since the takeover bid has fallen through for them wonder if the offer will be as good as ICT's?

A wee birdie told me that Gretna were going to attempt a move for him, which unless the offer is megabucks is a non starter for Dargo.

The Courier article also said a decision was expected today, yet Grassa says in the P&J he doesn't expect a decision until early next week.

I think it's common knowledge that Motherwell and Falkirk have both made, or seriously considered, offers for Dargs. And the way I read the Courier article, it suggests that there's every chance Craig will stay anyway. His agent says that, despite the claim, the travelling doesn't come into the equation at all. So I'd guess the reason we'd lose him is either because of more money, or if a bigger club came in for him. I can't see that Motherwell would beat us on either count there.

Without getting too over confident, Motherwell already look as though they are candidates for serious times ahead. This year they started very badly. Next year they will be without quite a few very good players. They lack support for their Manager and generally seem to be going downwards as opposed to upwards. Not recommended for Craig.

Well if thats true it could mean the end of their interest in Dargs, only Falkirk may still be in the equation, and lets face it moving there will be for money.

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm thoroughly sick of this on-going saga.  I think there has been ample time for Dargo to have received offers from any of the clubs who have expressed interest in him.  So dragging it out even longer smacks of greed to me.  But then, I'm in the minority camp who thinks that we won't miss him as much as most people think.  I'm basing this on his goal scoring performance this season.  Had he maintained last season's standard it would have been a different story.

As he scored more league goals than all our other forwards totals combined, then I think we'd miss him hugely. Add the fact that he missed a quarter of the season through injury, then I wouldn't say he did too badly!

I agree though that it seems to be dragging on too much, but if the end result is that Dargs re-signs then I couldn't care how long he takes to decide.

Guest sophia

Billy McNeill did a lot of harm to both Manchester City and Aston Villa.

Can't help thinking though, I don't ever recall a player that has gone on to play well for gis club after deciding not to go.

Really hoping Coyle stays at St. Johnstone, the 1st Division looks pretty exciting for next season imo and the challlenge will be for Coyle to take this team up to the Premier Division next time.  Can't see what the attraction would be down at Motherwell tbh.

Guest CaleyJaggy

Oh I hope he doesn't go to the fecking Arabs.  What is it with them and us.  Is it a Celtic/Hibs thing  :33:

Nothing in that article to add any more credence to this rumour than any other rumour doing the rounds at the moment.

Other than one quote from CC saying Dargo is away on Holiday and is expected to give an answer in the next few days the whole article is speculation based on suggestions that Levein showed an interest in Dargo when he took over from Brewster.

Lets not forget that Brewster also tried to attract Dargo to Utd and failed.  Granted their would be no transfer fee hindering a possible move this time but if they weren't willing to pay the money before and we have offered CD a club record contract then it may not all be so straight forward as the Sunday Mail would have us believe.

My guess is that Utd have been unable to attract interest from Dargo so have decided to use the media to hype it up, create fan interest and possibly convince the Grocer to stretch his wallet a little further.

From Dargo's point of view I don't see how this would be attractive unless they were offering serious wages.  As Utd have demonstrated in the last few years, when things don't go to plan it's those on the high wages that are first to be shown the door.

Yep, Friday he was away to Motherwell, today it's Utd.

Most of todays papers seem to carry some kind of Utd 'story'. However, most of them are saying Utd MIGHT be preparing to offer him a contract. So, nothing new there then.

As he's away on holiday, and he's said he'll be speaking to CC before anyone else, then I fail to see how this is anything other than pure speculation.

If he does go to Utd though, I'll be seriously fecked off :008: