FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rory Mcallister

dumpmaster

Wat site did you watch the game on? Can anyone tell me of any good sites where i can watch SPL footie

we do not allow direct links to pirate footage of SPL games. Furthermore, we will also delete links to sites that provide/display additional links to pirate or P2P sites !!!

[please note: we are unable to monitor what individual users converse about privately via personal messages. ]

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a small point, I recall Barry being subjected to the boo boys at the Stadium some time back and after he re-established himself he became a hero and then moved to Livingston.

He ceased to be a hero but after being a villain returned to the Stadium as a hero. One week ago he was a hero and praised that he deserved  his testimonial a year early.  After a modest display against Rangers he has escaped major criticism.

As Rory knows villain to hero can be achieved overnight at any club but at Inverness the expectations are such that transformation must be quicker than that. 

Rory would benefit from time away. Those who think "we need him for the reserves" really are way off the mark.  The important point here is that he MUST get his confidence back and he will only do that by playing at a lower level until January. If he doesn't, then CC must think hard about his future.

I think the simple fact is that Rory is just not an spl player.  Its not good enough that he isn't able to run for 90 mins or play consistently.  These surely are all basic requirements to play in the spl.  Even though he is booed at every game he plays at he should be able to deal with it how does he cope at ibrox when it happens and there is 50,000 folk booing him.

I was thinking more of a bit of coaching.

I know, my comment was TiC.

I take no delight in seeing any ICT player not performing and would love to see Rory turn his game around. 

After the Rangers game CC again made the statement of showing loyalty to players he perhaps shouldn't have and I can't help but feel Rory is one of them.  I also feel that he's already maxed out his overdraft in terms of "being given time to come good".  With Niculae now available and once Bayne and McDonald are back to full fitness (which may be this weekend) we aren't likely to see much more, if any, of him in the first team.

I think the simple fact is that Rory is just not an spl player.  Its not good enough that he isn't able to run for 90 mins or play consistently.  These surely are all basic requirements to play in the spl.  Even though he is booed at every game he plays at he should be able to deal with it how does he cope at ibrox when it happens and there is 50,000 folk booing him.

Would the 50 000 ppl not be cheering him instead of booing :023:

C'mon Scotty, C'mon CaleyD...

We've got nearly 3 fekin pages on this now - all saying more or less the same fekin thing....  :020:

You were very quick enough to shut down "midfielder in court" which was actually generating some original and humorous comments...  :023:

Did you consider that thread was degenerating into some kind of a witch hunt?

If it was, it pales into insignificance compared to this one....  :018:

Why does it bother you so much johnboy? I think this thread is just a reflection of how frustrated, and rightly so, people are with Rory. They have a right too, as they contribute to his wage. Also, its good to have an escape valve to vent the frustration. Hopefully, it wont be an issue from here on in, with any luck!!

Witch hunt doesnt come into it.

The court thread was shut down because it is always dodgy ground when a topic is surrounded by legal matters. As i said in the thread, my initial reaction was to shut it down immediately but the Joyce-esque wordplay allowed it to trundle on for a little bit.

This topic on the other hand is full of opinion about the performance of a player in last week's match (and in previous games) and therefore worthy of discussion. 

I wasn't wanting to get drawn into this but it bothers me that so many are slagging off a 20 year old kid, who clearly has considerable potential. Hopefully his time will come, but it's certainly painfully obvious he's not yet ready to be on from the start of a high profile game, such as on Saturday....

I just can't, for the life of me see how all this adverse criticism on here, and the reaction from several  supporters on Saturday can do his confidence any good at all. The whole team (apart from Fraser) was very poor on Saturday they should be criticised as a team - singling out that poor guy who was left on his own up front to face up to some of the finest defenders currently playing in the SPL was surely asking far too much from such a young and inexperienced player.

I wasn't wanting to get drawn into this but it bothers me that so many are slagging off a 20 year old kid, who clearly has considerable potential. Hopefully his time will come, but it's certainly painfully obvious he's not yet ready to be on from the start of a high profile game, such as on Saturday....

I think most fans want him to do well - even those who are criticising his performance - and much of these comments are made out of frustration that we believe he can do it but for some reason he doesnt do it in the first team. Is it lack of confidence ? is it lack of effort ? is it lack of ability ? these are all points that have been made along with the view that CC and DP must be seeing something in training that is not translating into performances on the park.

If he was utter garbage and never going to make it, there wouldnt be half the discussion that there is ... it would be "He's s***, get rid" followed by massive agreement but its because people want him to succeed and think he has potential that this thread gets so long.

I agree with those who are saying that he needs to go out on loan and with Niculae and McDonald coming in, that would probably be the best thing for him. It would allow him to address any confidence issues in less of a goldfish bowl and give another manager (perhaps Pele) a chance to see if the problem is actually effort, attitude or ability rather than confidence. More importantly it would be better for the player himself as I would agree that constant criticism, whether in the stadium or on here, cannot do him any good.

singling out that poor guy who was left on his own up front to face up to some of the finest defenders currently playing in the SPL was surely asking far too much from such a young and inexperienced player.

To be fair - he is not being criticised on that one performance. He has made a total of 43 appearances and scored 4 goals. That is unacceptable for any striker.

I just can't, for the life of me see how all this adverse criticism on here, and the reaction from several  supporters on Saturday can do his confidence any good at all. The whole team (apart from Fraser) was very poor on Saturday they should be criticised as a team - singling out that poor guy who was left on his own up front to face up to some of the finest defenders currently playing in the SPL was surely asking far too much from such a young and inexperienced player.

Well said Johnboy.

The sad fact of the matter is that Rory was promoted far too early and he has not been able to cope.

Loan to Elgin for 6 months and take it from there.

Good luck Rory.

In fairness, how many of these 40+ appearances have been for more than 10/15 minutes??

Alright, at the moment he doesn't look great. But he's 20 ffs! Apart from the complete one offs like Rooney, Owen, etc. how many guys that age are setting top leagues on fire?? Did Rooney not have a completely shocking goals ratio at Man U?

Look at the names of the guys who went to u-20 World Cup, a squad he narrowly missed out on, and tell me how many play as much as he has? He has been thrown in at the deep end and alright, hasn't set the world alight, but the potential is there and the constant sniping from the stands at a youth team player is unreal!

Out on loan for 6 months/a season then see the difference with some confidence and belief. He's got it, just not yet.

Put things into a proper perspective......Rory has had 11 starts and scored 4 goals. The majority of his sub appearances have been for ten mins or less. Not enough time to even warm up. Dennis Wyness, since his return fom Hearts, has had 43 starts and scored 15. Seems to me that the ratio is about the same but nobody is slating Wyness. Why? Because a lot of the people who post cant see past the success's of the lower leagues.

Good one Alex - I totally agree...  :022:

Can we draw a line under this one now?

Scotty..?

I will not close this thread because as detailed above, I see no reason to do so. You can ***** and moan as much as you like, but if I do close it, I will get a ****load of emails crying foul or censorship. I have already explained why the other thread was closed.

If you are fed up of viewing this thread then stop commenting on it and it will slip down the board and into the obscurity of page 2 and beyond .... exactly the same way as we have got rid of other threads in the past 13 years.

If you are fed up of viewing this thread then stop commenting on it and it will slip down the board and into the obscurity of page 2 and beyond .... exactly the same way as we have got rid of other threads in the past 13 years.

Ok... This will be my final comment on this subject or anything else on this site...

Forget about Rory for a moment... What about his parents, his grandparents, other family members, relations, friends and neighbours and all others who take a keen interest in ICT because they know the lad.

After all your sanctamonious comments on racism and sectarianism you can somehow deem it acceptable for that young lad to be described as "pish", "gash", "not fit to wear a Caley Shirt" etc, etc, etc, etc, on your website.

Do you sincerely and seriously believe that allowing such comments to spew forth with such venom does anyone any one any good at all? How would you react if someone publicly described your work in such terms? I rather suspect you wouldn't like it. How do think your family would feel about it?

Your excuse that you will not shut down this thread as you will run the risk of receiving a ****load of emails crying foul or censorship is utterly pathetic.

I hope you might consider these comments - if only for a few moments, but I very much doubt that you will.

have to say i sympathise with you johnboy over the point youre making,  but not completely

he may be young but he isnt a kid, if fans giving him abuse is putting too much pressure on him then he is in the wrong job, nevermind the fact that he may well not be qualified to do it in the first place, its harsh but true

the ict first team should never be the place for trials, chances, favors or whatever it is rory is getting every week, the team is more important than the player.  in the past we have let go the likes of liam fox and darren thompson, both of whom showed a **** of alot more drive and ability than rory and they got dogs abuse aswell, before being hoofed out

we lost liam keogh this year too, a guy who gave absolutely 110% every second he was on the park as a youngster, if rory showed even a tiny percentage of the effort keogh did then he would have a **** of alot more support from people on here