FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Grrr

Fanoffooty

people i refer to are born & bred in Inverness but support Celtic or Rangers ,

Its a sad state of affairs when locals cant get behind Caley

With no major club in the Highlands until the late 90's/early 00's people from around here followed the old firm because they didn't have a local team to support - just because Caley are now in the SPL you can't expect old firm fans from around here to stop this support and then become loyal to Caley instead. 

yes i see what you're saying & we are all free to choose who we want to support but i dont see anything wrong with changing allegiances , especially when you get an up & coming team on your own doorstep ,

It would be interesting to know how many OF fans from Inverness actually go to Parkhead /Ibrox to see their team

& like someone said why has it GOT to be OF they support , there's other Old established clubs in & around central belt & Closer to Inverness

we know why dont we , its because they're Glory hunters !

I used to be a huge Man Utd fan, and I got to a match once a season for 5 years because my uncle was a Coventry City season ticket holder, and he took me to highfield road in premiership days.

I was getting more games a season by travelling to scotland and saving my folks alot of cash also... i went to recreation park, Alloa, to watch second div footie rather than go see Utd again at highfield road. A story Scotty (and others from the caley inn days) probably still cant belive or understand.

Has anyone else changed alligences to follow our beloved ICT???

Guest TinCanFan

I cannot and probably never will understand these Invernessian idiots that support the OF.

Ha! Inverness idiots? That's rich coming from you! You're posting these trite comments without a thought as to why someone living in Inverness might legitimately want to follow one of the OF.

Maybe the moved here from Glasgow...if you move to Aberdeen for your work are you going to start supporting the Dons? Maybe they grew up in Inverness in the 70s like me when the Inverness clubs hardly got a mention in the schools? Lots of other reasons.

What are you talking about??? If they moved here from Glasgow then they are Glaswegian and why would I support Aberdeen over ICT if I moved to Aberdeen?  I'm still Invernessian in any town or country in the world.