FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

HUN SMILEYMOMETER

Fraser  :015: :015: :015: To be fair he had very little to do - no chance with the goal and wasnt troubled otherwise - kicking, movement and distribution was good as well.

Rosscoe -  :015: :015: :015:  MOM - give me a break - got skinned on several occasions by Burke in the first half. Had acres of space in the second - which made him look good - - was that a Hun tactic ? - but never really used it. Got in the way of a clear Niculae header and should have squared it to Niculae in injury time.

Hastings -  :015: :015: :015: Was having a really good game until he faded badly in the last 15 minutes. Responsible fer totally shutting out Naismith in the first half and started off well against Naismith. To be honest he fell apart when Patti went off and Royster moved across in front of him.

Proctor  :015: Sorry but he is NOT a central defender - Enuff said.

Munro -  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: MOM by a feckin country mile - SOOPERB - Held the defence together and marshalled / covered Proctor throughout.

McBain  :015: "the Invisible Man" - Gawd to we need a wide right signing or do we give Hart a chance to redeem himself or put Cowie back wide right ??????

Duncan  :015: :015: :015: Talk about Jekyll and feckin Hyde - superb defending but some of his passing / distribution was feckin awful. Having said that he nullified Ferguson.

Black  :015: :015: :015: :015: Looked the real part at times and controlled the midfield. Never real had the chance to play a "killer" pass.

Patti  :015: :015: Clearly not match fit but shows promise.

Cowie  :015: :015: :015: almost played as a second striker in the second half - IMHO a waste and get him back to the right - although it would be interesting to see him play in the same position against a "lesser" team - he certainly made Niculae look better with his constant hassling.

Niculae  :015: :015: :015: Not sure if Cowie made him look good. His positional sense is class and he now has the confidence to have a blast. Harried back to an extent but understandable - but if he comes deep he struggles to get forward again. He made great position in injury time and would have scored if Rosscoe had looked up and squared it. I am afraid IMHO he is still a luxury but who else is there ? I really do think that we need to go fer an out and out pacy centre forward or will the Niculae "contract" allow it.

Bazza  :015: :015: :015: I would have put him on the left and pulled McBain into a more central position. The Huns were not playing anybody up front wide on the left and I thought that Whittaker was there fer the taking.

BREW - should have put Bazza on the left and perhaps should have put Bayne on fer McBain in the last 10-15 and put Cowie wide on the right.  :015: :015: :015: Totally outwitted Walter in the first 45 and was unlucky in the second.

He looked good in the first half as there was absolutely no pressure on him. Munro man marked Cousin and Proctor had the surprising time to simply sweep up and was rarely pressurised when on the ball. However he looked lost in the second half and only Munro's experience held him and us together. He hardly won anything in the air, he was clearly out of position on numerous occasions and he did not read the line or follow his man or got outmuscled as well. I like the lad but he is a right back or a midfielder - unless he beefs up.

Bazza    I would have put him on the left and pulled McBain into a more central position. The Huns were not playing anybody up front wide on the left and I thought that Whittaker was there fer the taking.

I'd have maybe hooked McBain and left Patti on.

But your assessments are pretty good Johndo even if I think Blackie was the top man today.

Blackie, as you can see, was my runner up - I just feel that Munro shaded it as few will have noticed just how much he covered fer Proctor. At half time I would have said Bazza fer Royster but Patti looked knackered and I actually think that he asked to be hooked.

Not a chance. Not sure how you garnered this from watching the game on TV but I can assure you Proctor was far from our worst player today. He made some excellent tackles throughout the game and, although I am told he was the biggest culprit at the end, he did well in the middle of the back four. One out of five is acidulous.

Disagree. I thought Marcus was well off the pace. We seldom created anything of note down the left all day.

i disagree with the criticism on here for Proctor, other than the lapse in concentration for their goal i though he was very good today, not easy playing against someone like Cousin and i thought he dealt with him reasonably well. i do however agree with the point about him needing to beef up a bit.

i also disagree with the continual questions raised over Niculaes performances, i certainly think he lasted the game today without any problem but would say that he could have benefitted more from having a striker up front with him to help press the front line,  i certainly have no questions over his commitment, teamwork or ability.

for me Blackie was MOM followed by Munro

Not a chance. Not sure how you garnered this from watching the game on TV but I can assure you Proctor was far from our worst player today. He made some excellent tackles throughout the game and, although I am told he was the biggest culprit at the end, he did well in the middle of the back four. One out of five is acidulous.

Disagree. I thought Marcus was well off the pace. We seldom created anything of note down the left all day.

I made a point of watching that side Rig because I felt that without Hutton thats where we had a chance to break through. On quite a few occassions Patti got into open space but was not fed the ball. On at least three occassions he was in open space, screaming and waving but the ball was fed inside to the opposition.

Not sure how you garnered this from watching the game on TV but I can assure you Proctor was far from our worst player today. He made some excellent tackles throughout the game and, although I am told he was the biggest culprit at the end, he did well in the middle of the back four. One out of five is acidulous.

Have to concede that he deserved  :015: :015: :015: but I hit the  :015: as I felt that he lost us the game and I still feel that Munro shepherded him through the game and he was really found wanting at times in the second half.

i also disagree with the continual questions raised over Niculaes performances, i certainly think he lasted the game today without any problem but would say that he could have benefitted more from having a striker up front with him to help press the front line,  i certainly have no questions over his commitment, teamwork or ability.

You obviously havent been on many away days.  :018: and Cowie was sacrificed today. Niculae is class in many departments but sadly lacking in the main floors.

I made a point of watching that side Rig because I felt that without Hutton thats where we had a chance to break through. On quite a few occassions Patti got into open space but was not fed the ball. On at least three occassions he was in open space, screaming and waving but the ball was fed inside to the opposition.

That happened on both flanks actually I did notice. Sometimes the wide players did get into space, mainly in the 2nd half, but the ball went the other way and was lost. Wilson seemed to move off his man quite well when he came on I thought.

Have to concede that he deserved  :015: :015: :015: but I hit the  :015: as I felt that he lost us the game and I still feel that Munro shepherded him through the game and he was really found wanting at times in the second half.

What a boo boy!  :016:

That's part of Munros job though really. He needs to keep talking to Proctor and letting him know where players are and Proctor does it for Munro as well. I've only seen the goal once on TV and didn't really get a good look at it but it did look like all of the back line looked to the linesman, raised hands waiting/expecting offside but Darchville (sp.?) correctly played on unless the whistle went and he got his reward for it.

It's a bit of a cliche but it is also true - we are disappointed losing 1 - 0 Rangers. Says it all really!

I agree with most of it IHE.

Proctor was badly impersonating a central defender - looked very suspect under the high ball.

Not sure how Roscoe got MOM - on the rare occassion he did get forward his distribution (see missed opportunity in 90m) was awful and he looked slow at times.

Munro was fantastic and Fraser looked sharp as well - even though he didn't have much to do.

Black was lively but didn't have enough people running off him.  He was forced into holding the ball longer than he wanted to.

Didn't know what to make of Patti, he seemed more interested in performing step overs rather than doing anything productive with the ball - Tip - If you do a step over every time you get the ball, defenders will take it from you every time!

Niculae just didn't get enough of the ball and when he did 3 Rangers players swamped him

Deserved 0-0.

Two wider players were coming back from offsides but Darcheville was ok.  Soft goal for us to lose after looking so comfortable at the back all day.  Not sure if anyone raised their hands for offsides till after the goal was scored.  Pity as Proctor was getting to grips with the handful after being bullied when he was first introduced.  Couple of things led to the goal, poor clearance from defence, and Marius and possibly Cowie losing out to Rangers player who hopefully lobbed the ball goalwards and Darcheville prodded home.

Proctor had his hand up for offside before the ball cleared his head.  I hate seeing defenders raise their hands for offside.  It isn't cricket so there is no need to appeal for a decision.  Let the Ref's Assistant make his decision and defenders should concerntrate on defending.

Gabby, it's Rossco who was appealing for offsides against the two wide players who were sauntering back about three yards behind the defenders, unfortunately, the ball only reached Darcheville who out muscled Proctor with Grantie next closest to him.  Nothing Rossco could do as he was five or six yards away from the play.  Incidentally, it was Grants clearance that led to the goal, possibly Novo winning the ball between the two ICT players.

Oooerr Gabby, just seen the clips on the news and Proc also has his hand up for a moment, not sure if it slowed him down, maybe it did, Rossco was the main appealer though, but he was remote from the play.  I only saw the clips on the BBC online, they are not too clear.