FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bazza and Patti

Alex MacLeod

Barry has been a good servant and has more than played his part in ICTs rise through the leagues. But his best is behind him.....so failing being offered a coaching role or similar, i think its time for him to leave. Patti..... I dont believe has the stuff to be a first team regular at this level, so wouldnt be sad to see him leave.

Guess we are going to be having a serious overhaul during the summer then. Interesting about Patti given Rankin departing this month but maybe Brewster has his eye on another left sided player for next season. Hope our scouting system has improved dramatically over the last couple of seasons.

Thats a tough one on Patti, I believe he could become a very good player at SPl level, I am a bit miffed by that decision.  Barry is still one of the few players in our squad that can change a game, all very baffling............

:017:

According to P&J they are not being offered new deals.

Actual P&J :

Brewster said: "The contracts of Barry Wilson and Markus Paatelainen are up at the end of the season and we will monitor their situation over the coming months. They have not been offered new contracts at this stage."

Not quite the same thing Alex!

I'm pretty sure Patti is more than capable of putting in enough decent performances between now and the end of the season, to ensure Brewster will be anxious to keep him here.

It would be prudent to get a new contract drawn up sooner, rather than later....

Hope the sword dosent land on brew if he ends up needing Barry or Patti. cos im sure there heart wont be there now!!!

Just getting bad feeling at club at mo with Rankin leaving and Duncan, Tokley and Wyness contracts not been completed...got a feeling its going to be a long last quarter!!

Markus has the pace we farmed out to Elgin in the form of Zander (an experience which really doesn't seem to have done el Sutherland any good at all if you talk to the Elgin starters) so naturally we'll not keep the young Paatelainen on, and he'll be signed by big bro' for nothing and sold on for a million. Barry - the game-changer - will coach County into the SPL and watch ICT swap places. Imrie will be sidelined and subsequently sold to Livi for tuppence and a babysitting deal when Brew finds out he's not 6' 7" with Kenny-Everett-style elbows  :rolleyes02:

I'd personally like to see Barry go out on a high - testimonial year and all that!

Rather than half heartedly sign another year and struggle with fitness and getting a place.

Don't think Hibs will take Patti - not really had a chance to show what he can do,

don't think they'd take the risk!

Mrs PB

The Paatelainen situation is a strange one for me. The lad gets signed from the 2nd (or was it 3rd) division last year and does reasonably well, he gets a few games and scores a couple of goals. To all intents and purposes he'd managed to cope with the step up to the SPL very well.

I recall one game last season down at Kilmarnock where Markus looked the real deal, our most potent threat.

Because of injury he's only managed one start this season. You wonder what's gone wrong

I recall one game last season down at Kilmarnock where Markus looked the real deal, our most potent threat.

If that was the 4-3 game (3-2 maybe) then I only saw the second half  :029: but he didnt look great at all.

He has always been disappointing to me, always puts in alot of effort but hardly makes a contribution when on the ball, for an important position like his we could do better.  We sold Rankin and have Imrie now, I suspect he'll do alot better than Pat, both are the same age I think?

If that was the 4-3 game (3-2 maybe) then I only saw the second half  :029: but he didnt look great at all.

He has always been disappointing to me, always puts in alot of effort but hardly makes a contribution when on the ball, for an important position like his we could do better.  We sold Rankin and have Imrie now, I suspect he'll do alot better than Pat, both are the same age I think?

You had me doubting myself there Clacher, so I checked back to page 46 of this forum.

Paatelainen got good reviews from the fans for that particular game.

I should stress that I'm not particularly bothered if Patti doesn't get a new contract, merely surprised that he hasn't been given more of a chance.

Barry has been a great servant, his stint at Livingston notwithstanding but he's not featured much this season and it may indeed be that he's just about finished at this level.

That said, I'm sure he would do a great job for County either in the Scond or First Division and that he could develop his coaching skills at the same time.