FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kilmarnock -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

Amazed A96 managed to draw any positives out of that at all. It was deeply humiliating. We were just about passable in the first half, but having said that, we looked like we were playing a team even lower in confidence than us. Killie looked tentative whenever they had the ball. There was a bit of luck about their equaliser, but the moment their second went in it just felt like that they, their fans and our fans knew we were there for the taking. After 4 it looked like it was going to be 6 or 7. I have to disagree with the comment about not being able to fault the players for effort too - I didn't see too many throwing themselves into tackles, chasing every 50-50 and looking determined to rescue the game. Mcbain seemed to be hiding and I don't recall Bayne, suprisingly, doing much chasing back. Duncan set himself new standards for the ineptitude of his passing. Niculae and Black, as usual, started brightly and looked inventive but by half time had been dragged into the mediocrity of it all. Still wouldn't have subbed Niculae, but as the whole occasion was characterised by tactical idiocy from Mr Brewster, at least he was being consistent when he hooked Marius. Just three examples of Brewster's cretinous tactics:

1. If anyone can explain to me the wisdom of dropping Cowie and forcing Tokely, in effect, to have to run the entire length of the touchline for the whole game, I'd be happy to listen. Tokely did fight for the shirt yesterday, but he's too one-dimensional going forward to bring any real invention, and we did look exposed at the back. This 3-5-2 thing stops working when you're behind and both having to defend and trying to get goals back - all you end up with is knackered wide players who are neither fish nor fowl.

2. Why put Vigurs into a team which is already so low on confidence? There's no way he was going to make a significant difference. At times yesterday he looked quite classy on the ball and certainly looked like he was trying to make passes, but there didn't seem to be anyone really looking for it. Hiding, as I said earlier. If we had to change things, and we did, yesterday was surely a day for players with some experience but something to prove - Hart (who at least showed the right attitude when he did get on), Markus, Dennis.

3. Can anyone point to an occasion when the Bayne - Niculae partnership has been an unqualified success? I've not been to any home games this season so I may have missed occasions when they looked good togther, but I've never seen it and it certainly isn't working now. The best performances I've seen this season have all, to my recollecton, had Marius partnering Wyness up front and Rankin wide left. So why not go back to tha... oh, I forgot. We can't. Because you sold Rankin and you've effectively pushed Wyness out of the club. Nice one.

The second half was, I think, in 12 or 13 years of attending games, the most spineless and depressing performance I've witnessed from a Caley side, and that includes the Morton and Airdrie circuses mentioned by Arbroath Awayday.  That bad. Don't know if there's any point in getting shot of CB now, purely because I don't see a replacement and it would be folly to panic and stick any old applicant in, but  the thought of him still being here next season makes me shudder and relegation, on yesterday's evidence and given the recent travesties in man-management, would be highly likely.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2. Why put Vigurs into a team which is already so low on confidence? There's no way he was going to make a significant difference. At times yesterday he looked quite classy on the ball and certainly looked like he was trying to make passes

for weeks people on here cry for the youngsters to get a game,then when they do they slag them off,what did they expect from him a hat trick? :017: :014:

for weeks people on here cry for the youngsters to get a game,then when they do they slag them off,what did they expect from him a hat trick? :017: :014:

The poster doesn't slag Vigurs off at all in the text you have quoted. Indeed he praises him for his classiness and passing.

Today I decided I simply couldn't be ersed travelling, and wasting admission and petrol money even from the south of Scotland. I had plenty other things to do and even forgot to put on the radio coverage till about half past three.

Some supporter you are....  :rolleyes02:

I am afraid now that I am exhibiting a definite lack of interest in the outcomes. I am reminded of our greatest upset ever, the Celtic one, and the Tickers that came on the website to say thanks. "You have got rid of Barnes. He didnt have a clue" I am getting like this with Brew now. If only there was a sign that he had a clue WHY we were losing every week. We can only speculate, and that is making us paranoid. Is he just clearing out, making a new model army? If he is, will it work? It is a risky tactic for a novice manager, he has no yardstick to measure against.

If, on the other hand he is just getting rid of players who don't like the gym and pasta, I say good luck to him. But it is hard to maintain the enthusiasm for fitness and performance levels in the players, without the managerial technical ability and results to back it up. Getting rid of our our favourites without that reassurance, will bring nothing but aggression from the fans. My season ticket renewal is thrown into question.

And yes, this is another "At least we wont be relegated post." Unless something is done vey quickly, we will finish 2nd bottom, our lowest SPL finish ever. Then surely the poo must hit the fan.

So, here's to a loss against Gretna - (I think the Dons one is already written). Bring it on.

Good posts from Mary and Gordy - was anyone else at the debacle wish to comment ?

I was one of the other unfortunates who were there yesterday. Apart from the first 20 minutes we were like Jimmy Johnstone in a rowing boat with no oars off Largs - all at sea.

:007:

0 all round - worse than the Morton and Airdrie games. If you don't know, f***ing look them up. A new low in our short history.

If you are talking about the 1-5 game against Morton in the late 90s, I was actually there at that Friday evening game at Crappielow. Yeah it was a pish result, but I don't remember driving back up the A9 thinking we hadn't tried. Changed days now.

[

0 all round - worse than the Morton and Airdrie games. If you don't know, f***ing look them up. A new low in our short history.

If you are talking about the 1-5 game against Morton in the late 90s, I was actually there at that Friday evening game at Crappielow. Yeah it was a pish result, but I don't remember driving back up the A9 thinking we hadn't tried. Changed days now.

My point exactly - we did try in the Morton game, although I think that some players had an eye on the upcoming Challenge Cup Final against Alloa. Also, getting humped in those days was a novelty, and much easier to dismiss as an aberration. Saturday, unfortunately, was not an aberration, it was the norm.