FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Niculae - PressReports

absent friend

It is interesting to read in the press that we have at least one happy chappie at ICT - even if he is not here next year!

I wonder how many clubs will receive the thanks, bestowed by him upon ICT, from any of their players.  He not only mentioned the club but fellow players also received a mention.

It is perhaps worth remembering, at this time, the amount of flak this guy received on this forum from many quarters, and has ended up grateful to be here!!  God knows what the Romanian supporters are like if he feels welcomed and 'at home' in Inverness!

Some of the description regarding him, on here, come to mind- crap, lazy, overpaid, no touch, can't head the ball, no assists(at a time when he was 2nd in the SPL stats!), etc., etc.

I wish we had some more players that came into the above bracket so that we could make 'loads o' money'  from them as well!!

I think the whole Niculae time at the club has proved that we may have some contributors that have a problem judging a players ability or at least, are at odds with the Romanian managers opinion.

I think your being extremely unfair on the majority of the users on here.  Most of the concern when he arrived was in regards to what deal he was on and how it would impact on others...concerns which were wholly justified at the time.  I remember very little being said when he signed about his ability, other than in speculation to how it related to the rumoured salary.

During the course of the season most fans have been fair in regards to praise/criticism of the guy and he would be the first to admit that he got off to a slow start and that he never performed to the standards he'd set himself....again something which many acknowledged and understood that he couldn't be expected to come flying out of the blocks at 100% given his time out from playing and lack of pre-season.

Yes, perhaps one or two were OTT and unfair in their criticisms, but I think your way wide of the mark to suggest he was receiving flak from "many quarters".

Nicuale proceeded to thank team-mates Ian Black, Graham Bayne and Don Cowie for their support and best wishes, conveyed via text message throughout the finals.

Obviously getting paid too much to be sending text messages abroad.

Good to see he appreciates what we have done for him and good luck Marius when you leave.

I think it is fair to say that Marius is all class.  I hope we are able to hang on to him for a little longer or at least gain a just transfer fee! (or at least until Sept 28 when I will be at TCS to see him carve up Killie)

I think it is fair to say that Marius is all class.  I hope we are able to hang on to him for a little longer or at least gain a just transfer fee! (or at least until Sept 28 when I will be at TCS to see him carve up Killie)

I would turn up the day before that Gabby ..... the game's on the 27th  :004: