Livingston Financial Crisis?

ictchris

Daily Record Story

It seems that the new owners aren't honouring debts incurred under the previous regime. The former website administrator has taken them to court and could possibly freeze the clubs bank accounts over ?1,600 he is owed. On Pie and Bovril, the guy in question has posted several times on the link below, along with another fan who is due money.

P&B Thread on subject

It seems that Livingston are constantly in the news for these sort of financial shenanagins. From Kachoul being signed as a shamateur, to Pearse Flynn refusing payment to Dorado, to this - not to mention the previous regimes of Bill Hunter and Dominic Keane which collapsed due to huge financial problems.

It would be easy to gloat but most smaller clubs in Scotland have faced these issues, including ourselves. However, none seem to have been as consistently involved in financial crises as Livingston. If they are witholding payments to their own fans then perhaps the Rubicon has been crossed and, to mix a good metaphor, the writing is now on the wall.

Livi? Nah, I don't believe it for a minute :rotflmao:

BTW I was in Gretna yesterday so went by the stadium to see if it was still there. Are they carrying on in another league or waiting for a buyer to turn it into houses or what? Anybody know?

They are playing in the south of scotland league under the name Gretna 2008, i believe they are playing away from Raydale until they are granted permission to use it again. Not sure though?

They are playing in the East of Scotland first division and doing OK. Bar one or two, the opposition isn't up to lower SHFL.