FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Never try to read the mind of a madman

Guest Spectre

Guest Spectre

Well I've tried in the past to defend tactics, selections and some of the performances. But yesterday has left me completely baffled:

- Wilkie, Kenneth and Kovacevic are all listed as 6'4". 4-5-1 long ball is not going to work, certainly with Barrowman who cannot play that game at all. (Granted that we did try to play the ball around as well.)

- Within 5 minutes of the start, Levein was gesturing frantically to attack down the left where Duff and Imrie just could not defend. Brewster's said in the past that Imrie needs to improve his defensive work (evident yesterday and against Killie) so other managers are going to see this, why did he line Imrie and Duff (no experience at RB) up together? Or why couldn't he see this wasn't working and switch Duff and Proctor?

- Ditto dealing with John Daly in the box, not that Proctor was bad but Duff's 3" taller.

- Vigurs deeper than Duncan (until Imrie subbed).

- Zander coming on, being in space and yet ignored by team-mates in favour of long punts up the pitch. (Not the Manager's fault)

Does anyone have an explanation?

And I forgot to mention, saying before the match that what we did depended on how DU lined up ... thereby handing the initiative and a boost to their confidence.

Edited by Spectre