FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Time for Action (Merged)

Guest Muir-Jaggie

There's 8 e.mails gone to the club that I know of for 100% certain (i.e. I was copied in) since last night, but I believe there's others over and above that.

Disappointing so far, I know of at least 1 more though, perhaps 2 depending on if my father sent you a copy also.

Not disappointing at all, it's far better than the 1 e.mail I knew about prior to making my post.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's 8 e.mails gone to the club that I know of for 100% certain (i.e. I was copied in) since last night, but I believe there's others over and above that.

Disappointing so far, I know of at least 1 more though, perhaps 2 depending on if my father sent you a copy also.

Not disappointing at all, it's far better than the 1 e.mail I knew about prior to making my post.

You a right but like I said earlier I was expecting more given the level of votes in the "Brewster yes or no" thread.

I have also organised my own email rebellion against your email rebellion and our main aim is to convince the club to discard emails from toothless yokels. I have gathered together 20 ICT fans with access to internet and all have sent an email to commend the board for their patience and also to thank them for continued service while delivering us into the SPL and doing so without collecting a mountain of debt...... I have managed to speak to 15 of the 'rebels against rebels team' since and all have received an email from the club thanking us for not reacting like a bunch of school kids.... I'd like to thank the board for their speedy reply

:rotflmao:

really though do you think you are doing any good for the club? causing disbelief in amongst the players, putting the club into turmoil... what are you trying to achieve apart from losing someone their job??

I'd expect more responsibility to be shown from senior members on this board... and certainly wouldn't expect to see them openly encouraging supporters to send emails to the club

I have also organised my own email rebellion against your email rebellion and our main aim is to convince the club to discard emails from toothless yokels. I have gathered together 20 ICT fans with access to internet and all have sent an email to commend the board for their patience and also to thank them for continued service while delivering us into the SPL and doing so without collecting a mountain of debt...... I have managed to speak to 15 of the 'rebels against rebels team' since and all have received an email from the club thanking us for not reacting like a bunch of school kids.... I'd like to thank the board for their speedy reply

really though do you think you are doing any good for the club? causing disbelief in amongst the players, putting the club into turmoil... what are you trying to achieve apart from losing someone their job??

I'd expect more responsibility to be shown from senior members on this board... and certainly wouldn't expect to see them openly encouraging supporters to send emails to the club

Are you just being deliberately contraversial or do you honestly feel content enough with what's going on to sit back and do nothing until it's too late?... :thumb04:

I have also organised my own email rebellion against your email rebellion....

... and certainly wouldn't expect to see them openly encouraging supporters to send emails to the club

Bit hypocritical is it not? :rotflmao: :thumb04:

People are entitled to their own opinion, and if they are not happy with something at the club, then surely it is in ICT's best interests that they are told about it?

Really though do you think you are doing any good for the club? causing disbelief in amongst the players, putting the club into turmoil... what are you trying to achieve apart from losing someone their job??

Err.. Yes.

Can you honestly say Brewster is the right man to take the club forward?

The stats before and after he took over speak for themselves. The man has clearly lost the players and this is costing us points, and possibly our place in the SPL.

I wouldn't wish to try and have someone sacked, but in the best interests of OUR football club, I don't see how you could disagree that something has to be done.

I have managed to speak to 15 of the 'rebels against rebels team' since and all have received an email from the club thanking us for not reacting like a bunch of school kids.... I'd like to thank the board for their speedy reply

Do you think we are as daft as your posts

Right now I'd welcome a statement of resistance from the club....in fact, I'd be happy for them to respond in any way, shape or form so we at least know they are aware of the issues and not all locked in a room somewhere receiving no mail or newspapers, oblivious to what's happening to the team, and oblivious to the views of the fans.

The sad thing is you really think it would be a result if you had received a email from the club while those that dared to critisise did not, so the club in your eyes should only respond to emails praising them and ignore those with any form of critisism

... and certainly wouldn't expect to see them openly encouraging supporters to send emails to the club

Bit hypocritical is it not? :thumb04: :018:

I have managed to speak to 15 of the 'rebels against rebels team' since and all have received an email from the club thanking us for not reacting like a bunch of school kids.... I'd like to thank the board for their speedy reply

obviously :rotflmao:

Bit hypocritical is it not? :thumb04: :018:

obviously :rotflmao:

I said nothing about whether you had or hadn't recieved an e-mail from the club.

You're trying to have a go at other people on here for trying to get people to e-mail them, then say you're doing the same thing :015:

You seem to think you win though if the board send you and your pals an e-mail back but nobody else, yes? ;):lol::lol:

Excellent news, I hope that the numbers from both parties show the club how the fans feel. If indeed you manage to get a good deal of support for your campaign and the feelings of the fans show that Brewster is still thought to be the best man for the job then I will be happy. After all this discussion is about the fans, the players and the future of ICT not petty point scoring, good luck I truly mean it.

And to those that do think Brewster is the man to take ICT forward..

I respect your entitled to your opinions, each to their own, and all that.. But what reasons do you have for this point of view? :rotflmao:

Good post, everyone is entitled to their opinions, I would advise all who feel strongly about this club and the future of it to email their opinions to info@ictfc.co.uk with the subject FAO Board of Directors regardless of their stance on Brewster. I really don't expect the ratio to be very different from the poll on this site but who knows?

very mature argument

To answer your points.....

1. The players already have disbelief. You can see/hear that from performances throughout 2008. Some of our members are also family members, friends, or have contact with, the players and have been told this from the horses mouth. There are also quite a few members on the site who are part of the "establishment".
  2. The club is already in turmoil and has been for some time. I dont prescribe to the view that no-one is trying to do anything about it, I know some are but quite often, the positive hands are tied because of internal politics. However, we are now in the scenario that we are "touching cloth" so to speak, and, despite the optimism of a dwindling few, many posters seem to feel that a public forum is the only way they can vent their opinions as the club is either ignoring correspondence (as mentioned by a few) or failing in their duty - as mandated by UEFA's club licensing scheme - to respond within seven days to reasonable requests. In short, the bunker mentality appears to have returned.
  3. If Mr Brewster loses his job, it will be no-one's fault but his own. I fully expect him to blame the fans, the pitch, the players, the fact that his coffee was Maxwell House instead of Nescafe, but at the end of the day he has failed to do what he is employed to do which is to provide results and if he resigns or is sacked, its on his shoulders and his alone.
Firstly, the "senior" members of this board as you put it are just as entitled to their opinions as anyone else. Should they shut up because what they say might offend? Should they compromise their own principles to "toe the party line"? Should they censor the views of others because they are controversial? The answer to that is NO. I did it for years when the site was official, and that was the price I had to pay for the official tag. We will edit/modify or remove things as per our forum rules, but we will not do so just because we dont agree or because the point - valid though it might be - might upset someone.

Believe me Harry, sending emails to the club is far more preferable than some of the other suggestions that have been proposed and actively discouraged. I would suggest that telling unhappy fans to email the club privately with their concerns is far more responsible than suggesting other methods of protest. The club like to receive emails when they are doing things right, it is only fair that they accept the same format when the questions are less friendly or harder to answer.

I will however concede to you that we should NOT be doing this. In a more perfect world, our Manager would already have conceded that things are not working and maybe elaborated at least a little bit on his plans to make it right, our Board of Directors would already have acknowledged the frustrations of fans and promised to get it sorted, and our Supporters Trust would already have publicly voiced the concerns of the fans. The blameshifting from the manager, and the silence from the others leaves the fans with very little option but to voice their own concerns in the one place they can do it !

Write, phone, protest outside the stadium, do whatever is correct and lawful.

But don't abuse Brewster with vituperation, expletives, wild angry language etc. That will NOT inspire him, or the players who will only get more depressed. No one deserves that .

Brew may be wrong in his tactics ,decisions, etc --or NOT. However there is no one on here who has proved he is totally at fault and it is reasonable to suppose that he has done HIS best. If so, what more can he do? :rotflmao:

So what are your reasons for suggesting intemperate, slanging, vitriolic attacks? It might make you feel better --or make you look stupid---or even get you slung out, but I doubt that it will influence anyone in a senior position overly.

You are not the only ones frustrated and depressed--remember that.

You are beginning to sound like a lynch mob --stop it before you will regret it.

There already is lowered confidence amongst the players and probably Management. But it is up to them to decide what should be done and when and how to do it.

Otherwise you always have the option of either getting behind the TEAM --or simply walking away.

I'm with Harry on this one

Will you still be with him once the Dons thrash us on Saturday ?

It has nothing to do with Brewster (who I have now conceded is not right for the job). The club have already made it clear that Brewster is staying. This kind of thing as Harry says can only affect the players already low confidence and morale, and put a gap between ourselves and the board, a gap that Scotty has worked so hard to bridge.

Edited by chris123

I find it interesting that most of the posters on here who come out in favour of keeping Brewster in place do not manage to put forward any good arguments for their case. In fact most of their arguments are backed up with insults to posters who are of opposing views to their own. They ask questions but when those questions are answered and the Brewster supporters questioned about their views there is silence.

I am ready to listen, I want to be convinced, it would be far easier to go with the status quo. So convince me.

Can you honestly say Brewster is the right man to take us forward and why?

It has nothing to do with Brewster (who I have now conceded is not right for the job). The club have already made it clear that Brewster is staying. This kind of thing as Harry says can only affect the players already low confidence and morale, and put a gap between ourselves and the board, a gap that Scotty has worked so hard to bridge.

Have the board made it clear that he is staying? Could you please point me in the direction of that statement because I have missed it. I would like to retract all I have said about silence from the club if true.

I find it interesting that most of the posters on here who come out in favour of keeping Brewster in place do not manage to put forward any good arguments for their case. In fact most of their arguments are backed up with insults to posters who are of opposing views to their own. They ask questions but when those questions are answered and the Brewster supporters questioned about their views there is silence.

I am ready to listen, I want to be convinced, it would be far easier to go with the status quo. So convince me.

Can you honestly say Brewster is the right man to take us forward and why?

Have the board made it clear that he is staying? Could you please point me in the direction of that statement because I have missed it. I would like to retract all I have said about silence from the club if true.

Pardon me, I was simply referring to the clubs plans to renew Brewster's contract. I agree, the silence from the club is defeaning, but it has been this way for a long time now.

Pardon me, I was simply referring to the clubs plans to renew Brewster's contract. I agree, the silence from the club is defeaning, but it has been this way for a long time now.

Last I heard the club were only reviewing his contract and if that is the case then surely we the fans, if we have any interest in the club at all have a duty to let them know how discontented, or contented we are with the man so we can make their decision a little easier.

Yer clearly a plum of the highest order. The difference between those sending emails demanding action, and your bunch of merry men (if they even exist) is...............the facts are stacked in favour to back up the unhappy fans argument. You have no such facts to qualify your praise.

Get a life...better still...go support County

Chris - I spent much of last weekend in deep thought. I didnt even come on the site from Friday until late on Sunday as I couldnt face it.

My dilemma ?

How to say what I really felt without jeopardising Boardroom Banter and the small amount of club liaison we have with the likes of Andrina / Darren in promoting things like ticketing info and event info. I have already given up on Mr Smith who despite many requests in the past consistently fails to include us on things like press releases.

There are a few people (inside the club and out) working to make this a success because they want the club and fans to be able to talk to each other again, there are equally as many (again, both from inside and outside the club) that want to see the effort fall flat on its face.

I have spent much of the last few weeks sitting on the fence, or uncomfortably changing my position on an almost weekly basis for two reasons ... the first because I wasnt 100% sure that I wanted Brewster out, I could see the odd bit of potential in amongst all the crap, and the second because I didnt want to jeopardise the fledgling return of BB and the hoped-for upswing in fan/club communication it can bring.

However, in the last few weeks, sad as it is, I have come to the realisation that my heart cannot allow me to continue on the fence. I have to say what I think, and I have to say what I think is best for my club, your club, OUR club. I have now said it, I am no longer on the fence, and I sincerely hope that the Board can see that my concern is not meant as a slight on them, but as a heartfelt plea to do what is in the best interests of what really matters ...... ICTFC. To that end, I hope they will have the balls to support both the fans and the players by changing the management team, and by doing it before it is too late.