FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Time for Action (Merged)

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Guest Spectre

Alex - we lost the first 6 matches last season! Not sure where your 5 in 18 comes from.

The 'backbone' of the team I would say was Brown, Dods, Black & Dargo (which as Birdog points out Brewster tried to nick for DU).

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How could you class Brown, Dods and Dargo as the backbone when they have not been here since brew as reinstated?

Wyness, Rankin, Niculae, Wilson and possibly even Donald Park were the backbone of the ICT structure and little has been done to find suitable replacements. The replacements he hass got in are...

Rooney - decent enough prospect but not given a decent run in the team

Barrowman - not up to SPL standard

Malky - WTF?

Imrie - Good little player IMHO but constantly wasted when played out of position

and as yet, no real replacement for Wilson, which brew has even said would only look for if the young guns couldnt cut it.

to me this strikes as bad managerial qualities, and when you see the formation, starting lineup and long ball hoofs up the park week in week out, it's clear to see why ICT do not have any sort of consistancy in both individual and team performance.

I would like to make the Paul Ince v. Craig Brewster argument...

BOTH - Well respected players of their time with managers, players and fans alike all in agreement

Brewster - 3 (2 and a half or whatever) seasons as a manager and still classed as inexperienced

Ince - 1st time in charge as a manager and classed as inexperienced

Brewster - Still considered to be learning his trade

Ince - He was learning his trade

Brewster - Left 1 club to go to another which showed where his heart really lay, and did not last long after a poor run of results and fired

Ince - Fired from his 1st job after poor run of results

Brewster - (Until last night had us second bottom)

Ince - Was fired from club after leading club to second bottom

Brewster - Has a board which seem scared to fire him

Ince - had a board which fired him

Now thats just some points, I could go on but from these alone I see some striking similarities and some differences. Some on here argue that Brewster is still 'learning his trade' but so was Ince and he was sacked anyway after a poor run! The board knew he wasn't up for the job and for the good of their club let him go. So why shouldn't Brewster go? He's been at 2 clubs, leaving Caley the 1st time around without doing anything really special, to go and screw up at United, only to come back here and screw us up! Why should he be allowed? Why is it 1 rule for other teams, and another for us? Ince was sacked because he wasn't the man for the job... Brewster isn't the man for the job either! He HAS HAD HIS CHANCE! TWICE! More than Ince is getting and I'm sure if a Blackburn fan came on here to see the state of what we're in and how they were in the same predicament then they would tell us to get rid of Brewster. It's like shooting a deer then just waiting for it to die rather than put it out of its misery. It isn't personal against Brewster, but it is a football team we all love and want to see do well, and while Brewster carries on then we won't see that.

Its wasnt Inces first stint as a manager, although in lower divisions he has managed both Macclesfield and Milton Keynes Dons

Edited by stevico1

Alex - we lost the first 6 matches last season! Not sure where your 5 in 18 comes from.

The 'backbone' of the team I would say was Brown, Dods, Black & Dargo (which as Birdog points out Brewster tried to nick for DU).

4 of those were under Charlie. My post was all about when Brewster took over.

Brown Dods and dargo were gone by then.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Apologies as I've not read all pages of this thread, but what I don't understand is that everyone knows that when a manager loses the dressing room there is no way back. This has clearly happened to Brew so why has the board not sacked him. Couple this with his splatter gun approach of blaming all but himself for the teams failings means, in my view, his position is now untenable.

Ince at least served an appreticeship at lower league level where he was pretty successful.

Brewster has only managed in our highest domestic league where he has been woeful with two different clubs one of which was relatively well resourced.

Totally agree! :rotflmao:

Highland News Link

Nothing surprising from Brewster in this article at all. It's a pity Brew doesn't realise that he is a hated figure and calls it quits... :rotflmao:

In fact the only thing I'm surprised with is what little has actually been said in an article as big as it is. There is no information in that at all...

Edited by Jay_7

Rite.. so plans for Saturday then?

Anyone taking banners etc, or wanting to organise a protest outside after the game?

Silence........

Last Saturday my blood was boiling and i was ready for revolution regardless of what happens against Aberdeen. After a hard week at work i've calmed down a bit and i'm actually looking forward to the game.

The vibe i'm getting from people is that there is little appetite for organised protest. People will vent their fury in their own way if we're losing. If it comes to that then i hope we can be heard.

Rite.. so plans for Saturday then?

Anyone taking banners etc, or wanting to organise a protest outside after the game?

I shall be at the game in section e shouting BREWSTER OUT and other things along the line of that but when i shout these things nobody seems to take me on and join in.

I don't expect there to be much appetite for a protest on Saturday. After all, the club is likely to organise a tribute to Jock MacDonald pre-match so any kind of protest may be in poor taste!

Personally I'll be wearing ma Jags scarf (for the first time in 14 years) on Saturday as my own wee tribute to our former chairman. :rotflmao:

I don't expect there to be much appetite for a protest on Saturday. After all, the club is likely to organise a tribute to Jock MacDonald pre-match so any kind of protest may be in poor taste!

Personally I'll be wearing ma Jags scarf (for the first time in 14 years) on Saturday as my own wee tribute to our former chairman. :rotflmao:

I think you are correct. Jock's last act as a club official may have been to dilute the appetite for protest ... at least for this week.

Because he was such an integral part of the fabric that is ICT and virtually all supporters will want to remember him in a respectful manner, I would suggest that supporters who may be planning some form of direct action might be better served if they postpone it, or tone it down.

By all means voice displeasure during the game, or with well timed chants, but remember that a lot of people at the club will be mourning a man they knew far better than a lot of the fans did and any actions may be met with an emotional over-reaction. It would also be a perfect opportunity for some to try and "spin" any actions by the fans in a manner that deflects away from the problem and makes them (the fans) look like the villains in this pantomime !!!!

Wearing the Jags scarf ..... excellent idea. very fitting (on this occasion)

Absolutely agree with Scotty on this.

I too agree with Scotty. This is not the weekend for any form of protest.

And I am in agreement also. Respect is far more important than any protest so when the match kicks off I shall be at home raising a glass of whisky to Jock. My ST stubs will be posted first class to the stadium. 'Mon the Jaggies give Jock that win.

Sorry, but I disagree.

I would expect and encourage everyone to honour the minutes silence and not do anything stupid or inappropriate at that time, however I fail to see why anything else should change.

Next weeks excuse......"It's Xmas, a time for forgiving and forgetting", and in 2 weeks we can have the "You can't protest on the Sabbath".......give me a break!!!

It makes the world of difference. Soon as the Transfer window opens the clock is ticking and I would rather have a replacement in who has time to look at the market and assess our needs now than in 2 weeks when he'll then be left chasing the pack. Not to mention the fact that come 1st January players like Cowie, Black, Fraser, Vigurs etc could all be signing pre-contracts with other clubs and we're at the stage where it's not possible to convince them to stay.