FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Time for Action (Merged)

Guest Muir-Jaggie

It makes the world of difference. Soon as the Transfer window opens the clock is ticking and I would rather have a replacement in who has time to look at the market and assess our needs now than in 2 weeks when he'll then be left chasing the pack. Not to mention the fact that come 1st January players like Cowie, Black, Fraser, Vigurs etc could all be signing pre-contracts with other clubs and we're at the stage where it's not possible to convince them to stay.

I agree entirely. The minutes silence is the time to remember Jock, not the entire fixture.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was not saying don't protest at all, I think I said postpone or tone it down and what I was meaning when making that point is that you have to be very careful over how you do it and equally if you decide to go ahead, that you should choose your moment(s) wisely as many may be less sympathetic than they were just a few days ago.

If its "bull in a china shop" sort of stuff, its those who are protesting who will come out of it looking like the bad guys ... so whatever you feel the need to do, give it a bit of thought first is all I am saying.

firstly, good to see the wee banner in honour of jock :rotflmao:

I would have to agree that a full on protest would not be in good taste at this time, but when the game kicks off, we may well see performances as dull as they have been this season and the chants for brewsters head will no doubt begin.

Brew is starting to admit mistakes are being made but has yet to state these are his msitakes, and in my eyes the damage has already been done.

Someone new before new year please - this is my christmas wish

I'll be at the game tomorrow and I will be making my feelings known on the situation at the club just now. If I am alone, then so be it.

Nobody is suggesting anyone do anything to disrupt the tribute to Jock MacDonald, or any other part of the match day, and if others want to try and twist the fans discontent with the club into something it isn't then, IMO, they are the ones who need to be taking a look at themselves.

I'll be at the game tomorrow and I will be making my feelings known on the situation at the club just now. If I am alone, then so be it.

Nobody is suggesting anyone do anything to disrupt the tribute to Jock MacDonald, or any other part of the match day, and if others want to try and twist the fans discontent with the club into something it isn't then, IMO, they are the ones who need to be taking a look at themselves.

Totally agree, things need changing and hopefully all those that are there will pay there respects to Big Jock and thereafter protest in a decent manner

Would Jock wish everyone to continue to accept this dross that would ultimately result in sending us down, thereby undoing the great work he did in helping us get to the top?! As a supporter of the club, Jock's answer would surely be no!

Of course we must show him the great respect he deserves. But after the silence or the applause (whichever) it's game on.

Email response from Mike Smith:

Jamie

Thank you for taking the time to write to the Club recently expressing your concerns. It is always valuable to the club to be aware of the thoughts of our supporters. Part of being a fan is to have a view as to how things should be done but as in all business, it is for the management to best decide how to utilise the resources available.

All clubs have their challenging periods and maybe we have been fortunate in that these have been limited at Caley Thistle. As we know in sport change for the better can come as quickly as change for the worse.

The ethos of Caley Thistle has always been based on the collective spirit at the club. Whilst ?punching above our weight? is a term that has often been used about the club we see it all of us (players, manager and coaching staff, supporters and sponsors alike) collectively working together as a unit stronger than the sum of the individuals.

Please be assured that this spirit is still in the club and all of us are striving to ensure the best results on and off the pitch.

And what we would hope would be coming forward at this time, is the desire of all to pull together by getting behind and supporting our team.

Regards

Mike Smith

Chief Executive

ICTFC

Thoroughly disgusted with this non-response. Cheers Smith, I'd have been as well talking to the f*cking mascot... :rotflmao:

in response to all those planning to protest on Saturday

or just don't ******* turn up???

You aren't representing ALL the fans point of view so I would appreciate if you all kept your mouth shut until at least after 90 minutes. That way you wont affect the players performance.... and you never know we might even come away with 3 points

Edited by Harry Chibber

You aren't representing ALL the fans point of view so I would appreciate if you all kept your mouth shut until at least after 90 minutes. That way you wont affect the players performance.... and you never know we might even come away with 3 points

Of course this plan has worked all season :thumb04:

Email response from Mike Smith:

Jamie

Thank you for taking the time to write to the Club recently expressing your concerns. It is always valuable to the club to be aware of the thoughts of our supporters. Part of being a fan is to have a view as to how things should be done but as in all business, it is for the management to best decide how to utilise the resources available.

All clubs have their challenging periods and maybe we have been fortunate in that these have been limited at Caley Thistle. As we know in sport change for the better can come as quickly as change for the worse.

The ethos of Caley Thistle has always been based on the collective spirit at the club. Whilst ?punching above our weight? is a term that has often been used about the club we see it all of us (players, manager and coaching staff, supporters and sponsors alike) collectively working together as a unit stronger than the sum of the individuals.

Please be assured that this spirit is still in the club and all of us are striving to ensure the best results on and off the pitch.

And what we would hope would be coming forward at this time, is the desire of all to pull together by getting behind and supporting our team.

Regards

Mike Smith

Chief Executive

ICTFC

Thoroughly disgusted with this non-response. Cheers Smith, I'd have been as well talking to the f*cking mascot... :rotflmao:

Jay what did you expect a letter from the chairman god forbid!!!

Not turing up would be the best possible way to show our discust.

I was never any good at maths, but how would the team perform when over 80% of fans voting brewster out dont turn up. would that be good for the players moral?

Reply direct to Mike Smith:

Mike,

If the club value the opinions of the supporters then why has nothing been done with regards to the current situation. I will cite a poll from caleythistleonline.com where 161 people out of 190 have voted that Brewster should not continue to be employed by this club. When appointed, Brewster had a track record of 2 wins in 28 games while in charge of Dundee United - A pattern which he is continuing at our club.

I hasten to remind you that without the fans, this club is nothing. Brewster has demonstrated time and again that he does not know how to get us out of the rut we appear to be stuck in, and he is single-handedly keeping supporters like myself away from the club.

I will state again what I stated in my original email, I will not darken a turnstile at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium as long as Brewster remains in charge of Caley Thistle - And you can bet your bottom dollar that I won't be alone in doing so.

Regards,

Jamie

Hopefully he'll get the message.

So what's the next move?

As the song goes "you say it best, when you say nothing at all".

The response from the club was pretty much as I thought it would be. So why bother? Because I'm sick fed up of hearing the "we can't do anything if people don't communicate things to us directly" line being trotted out, either by the club or the Supporters Trust every time a problem crops up.

The content of the response and the fact that it's a simply copy and paste to everyone who contacted them only serves to highlight the point that taking a civilised and responsible approach to resolving issues does not work and if we want to make ourselves heard then we have to resort to other methods.

That's why I would encourage everyone who is dissatisfied with the current situation to make their feelings known at the match tomorrow. Again, I ask that people keep it within the boundaries of both the law and the rules of the SPL/SFA and ICTFC, but none of that prevents us from being vocal in our calls for change.

For those who can't bring themselves to attend the match to make their feelings known (and even for those who can) I would now suggest that you send a copy of your e.mail to the press. If your not happy with the response from the club I would make sure you highlight that point to them.

Not turing up would be the best possible way to show our discust.

I was never any good at maths, but how would the team perform when over 80% of fans voting brewster out dont turn up. would that be good for the players moral?

Sorry mate thats not true will be put down to credit crunch, xmas shopping or whatever spin they want to throw at us

the cut and paste reply from the club just goes to prove the fans mean nothing at all , brew is here to stay they dont give a toss

The response from the club was pretty much as I thought it would be. So why bother? Because I'm sick fed up of hearing the "we can't do anything if people don't communicate things to us directly" line being trotted out, either by the club or the Supporters Trust every time a problem crops up.

The content of the response and the fact that it's a simply copy and paste to everyone who contacted them only serves to highlight the point that taking a civilised and responsible approach to resolving issues does not work and if we want to make ourselves heard then we have to resort to other methods.

That's why I would encourage everyone who is dissatisfied with the current situation to make their feelings known at the match tomorrow. Again, I ask that people keep it within the boundaries of both the law and the rules of the SPL/SFA and ICTFC, but none of that prevents us from being vocal in our calls for change.

For those who can't bring themselves to attend the match to make their feelings known (and even for those who can) I would now suggest that you send a copy of your e.mail to the press. If your not happy with the response from the club I would make sure you highlight that point to them.

Is there an email address we can send to if indeed the press are going to have the balls to print something like this?

Is there an email address we can send to if indeed the press are going to have the balls to print something like this?

Not in the highlands, but maybe the bbc will publish it for a large dram

nothing worse than a ****** who holds a grudge (some people might say)

Edited by themann4thejob
insult removed

nothing worse than a ****** who holds a grudge (some people might say)

Harry a lot of people on here happy to say who they are in support of the club we love are you??

Edited by themann4thejob
insult removed from quote