FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Time for Action (Merged)

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Guest Spectre

I find it interesting that most of the posters on here who come out in favour of keeping Brewster in place do not manage to put forward any good arguments for their case. In fact most of their arguments are backed up with insults to posters who are of opposing views to their own. They ask questions but when those questions are answered and the Brewster supporters questioned about their views there is silence.

As I've already said, the arguments have been posted on other threads.

At least 90% of the insults on this site are directed at Brewster.

I've not seen any balance from the anti-Brewster crew:

"never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong"

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pardon me, I was simply referring to the clubs plans to renew Brewster's contract. I agree, the silence from the club is defeaning, but it has been this way for a long time now.

Last I heard the club were only reviewing his contract and if that is the case then surely we the fans, if we have any interest in the club at all have a duty to let them know how discontented, or contented we are with the man so we can make their decision a little easier.

Yes, i believe the story was clarified as "contract being looked at" and we could take from that what we would ....

Yer clearly a plum of the highest order. The difference between those sending emails demanding action, and your bunch of merry men (if they even exist) is...............the facts are stacked in favour to back up the unhappy fans argument. You have no such facts to qualify your praise.

Get a life...better still...go support County

no need to abuse. He is as entitled to his opinion as you are to yours .... by all means ask for reasoned argument to back up the assertion but all this abuse on the boards is getting us nowhere. At the end of the day we are all hurting one way or another and we should all be focussed on making ICT better, even if we dont all agree on the actual illness !!!

I have also organised my own email rebellion against your email rebellion and our main aim is to convince the club to discard emails from toothless yokels. I have gathered together 20 ICT fans with access to internet and all have sent an email to commend the board for their patience and also to thank them for continued service while delivering us into the SPL and doing so without collecting a mountain of debt...... I have managed to speak to 15 of the 'rebels against rebels team' since and all have received an email from the club thanking us for not reacting like a bunch of school kids.... I'd like to thank the board for their speedy reply

:rotflmao:

really though do you think you are doing any good for the club? causing disbelief in amongst the players, putting the club into turmoil... what are you trying to achieve apart from losing someone their job??

I'd expect more responsibility to be shown from senior members on this board... and certainly wouldn't expect to see them openly encouraging supporters to send emails to the club

Yer clearly a plum of the highest order. The difference between those sending emails demanding action, and your bunch of merry men (if they even exist) is...............the facts are stacked in favour to back up the unhappy fans argument. You have no such facts to qualify your praise.

Get a life...better still...go support County

Smee honestly that does not help, we are all fans of ICT and we all have our own views on how things should be done.

I admit that I have been infantile to the extreme in some of my posts previously but now that people are actually talking about things I can see what a tw@t I was and I'd like to discuss this with people who have opposing views. Posts like that alienate people. I admit that my agenda is to try to debunk opposing ideas and get them on board this campaign but I assure you if someone can come up with something to change my mind then I will listen and as this is a public forum if they can put their point across well enough they might just convince some others, who are not as headstrong as me, to change their viewpoint.

I find it interesting that most of the posters on here who come out in favour of keeping Brewster in place do not manage to put forward any good arguments for their case. In fact most of their arguments are backed up with insults to posters who are of opposing views to their own. They ask questions but when those questions are answered and the Brewster supporters questioned about their views there is silence.

And those points have all been debunked.

Like I said before, ignore them.

There will never be balance we are all individuals with differing opinions.

"never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong"

Come on spectre I doubt there are many on this site that didnt want Brewster to do well, regardless as to whether they had reservations at the time of his appointment or not. After all although we may all have different opinions we do all have one thing in common our wish to see ICT perform to the best of their abilities.

What balance are you looking for so far he has been a spectacular failure as a manager, same as he was a Dundee United. I would not direct any insults at him although I do think he should not go about blaming everyone else for the current failures apart from himself. And I do think he should do the right thing and resign.

Edited by stevico1

I have been quite vocal in naming the members of the Board I believe are at as much, if not more at fault than Brewster. However I understand that in terms of results on the field - The buck must stop with him and Malky.

Come on spectre I doubt there are many on this site that didnt want Brewster to do well, regardless as to whether they had reservations at the time of his appointment or not.

Can I just make sure everyone knows that my preferred outcome when Brewster was appointed was that he succeeded quickly and showed his true character by leaving us in the lurch, again, and disappearing to the next stepping stone in his career. It gives me no pleasure at all to see the team I love in this situation.

we all know we have only won once all season at home and 4 times in 2008, but can someone please post the stats from when brewster took charge for his second spell up until present day...

is he statistically our worst ever manager? (or is that a silly question)

Guest Spectre

Balance - well how about 1 small post isn't immediately attacked by the lynch mob!

Or not turning every decision into a slagging opportunity e.g. plays 4-5-1 gets slagged, plays 4-4-2 gets slagged.

Responsibility - the players have to accept some of this too. Where's the on field leadership.

Reasons, debunked or otherwise. That's your view, not mine. As you say people will hold differing views. There's no point in repeating it all, there's enoguh repetition on the site already.

Results. Yes they are not good, but neither are 4 other clubs. Should all their managers be sacked? It's a tight league and I'm guessing we have the lowest budget.

Balance - well how about 1 small post isn't immediately attacked by the lynch mob!

Or not turning every decision into a slagging opportunity e.g. plays 4-5-1 gets slagged, plays 4-4-2 gets slagged.

Responsibility - the players have to accept some of this too. Where's the on field leadership.

Reasons, debunked or otherwise. That's your view, not mine. As you say people will hold differing views. There's no point in repeating it all, there's enoguh repetition on the site already.

Results. Yes they are not good, but neither are 4 other clubs. Should all their managers be sacked? It's a tight league and I'm guessing we have the lowest budget.

Like you said been repeated over and over, you are entitled to your opinion just as I am entilted mine, guess we will just have to agree to disagree

My thoughts:

Brewster is the manager and the buck must suely fall at his feet. He doesnt know his strongest side and will never do unless he allows a decent run in the team for people like Duff, Barrowman, rooney and Wood.

He should know where players are strongest and utilise this information in a productive manner. Rather than try them in new positions during match day, this should be done in pre-season and friendly ties, or even in reserves and training.

If he is good enough, he should know it by seeing results and good performances on a consistant level - likewise if he isnt up to scatch he should have the dignity to walk away knowing he gave his best, which so far is not good enough.

The Board should look at the performances, the results, the gate reciepts and decide what possitive action to take. They should listen to the fans who ultimately generate the revenue at the stadium and use their business knowledge to know when their 'company' is starting to deteriorate and fall by the wayside. They need to acknowledge when things go wrong, just as they praise when things go right.

The players need to take stock of their own abilties and work hard to wear the club badge. if they feel they are out of position, needing a spark from a player on the sidelines or know best how to get the best out of others, they should either voice their opinions openly or hope that the other 10 players around them are telepatic. If they disagree with a managerial tactic/substitution/formation then they should be constructive of any critisism instead of sitting in silence.

The fans need to get behind the team to boost player moral, yet they must also voice opinions, good or bad, to the club in order for a posiive outcome to become possible. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion yet these will not be voiced unless they do so themselves. It is also important to remember we are all in love with the same club and have it's best interests at heart. Our club is only a teenager who plays with the adults of the SPL, yet with the right guidence and constuctive critisism, this teenager may well be heading for a PHD in European qualification before it turns 20. This of course will not happen if we sit and do nothing!!!

If there is dressing room unrest THE CAPTAIN must diffuse the situation. He is the managerial extension within the dressing room, so maybe he is at fault, as well.

Who appointed the captain?

Was Munro not made captain by CC before CB arrived?

I suppose that question doesnt really matter when you consider CB has had chance to change this since taking over, and has failed to do to if it is indeed a captaincy issue - therefore again, the buck stops at CB

Was Munro not made captain by CC before CB arrived?

I suppose that question doesnt really matter when you consider CB has had chance to change this since taking over, and has failed to do to if it is indeed a captaincy issue - therefore again, the buck stops at CB

CB reappointed Munro in August.

I don't give a hoot how badly other clubs are doing. I'm not saying that Brewster needs to go because he doesn't stack up to how other managers are performing....I'm saying that I do not think he is good enough for ICT, I'm saying that he is not getting the best from what is laid out in front of him, I'm saying that he is slowly (or not so slowly) ripping the heart and soul from this club with is attitude that it's everyone else's fault bar his.

Are their problems at this club beyond the manager? Damn right their are, but the immediate priority is that we get things back on track on the pitch, that we get back to playing the kind of football that is more pleasing for fans, that gets them through the turnstiles and puts money into the hands of those who can make best use of it.

Regardless of how we got to where we are and who's fault it is, we're at a stage where a growing majority of fans do not wish to see Craig Brewster continue as manager. The club can ignore that in the hope that he turns things around soon whilst watching attendances drop and the respect of the fans disappear out the window...or they can take action.

In short, the club have sat on their hands in silence for so long over this issue that, IMO, they are leaving themselves with little option than the get rid of Brewster...it's at the stage where I just don't think or believe that the fans will accept anything less.

I don't give a hoot how badly other clubs are doing. I'm not saying that Brewster needs to go because he doesn't stack up to how other managers are performing....I'm saying that I do not think he is good enough for ICT, I'm saying that he is not getting the best from what is laid out in front of him, I'm saying that he is slowly (or not so slowly) ripping the heart and soul from this club with is attitude that it's everyone else's fault bar his.

Are their problems at this club beyond the manager? Damn right their are, but the immediate priority is that we get things back on track on the pitch, that we get back to playing the kind of football that is more pleasing for fans, that gets them through the turnstiles and puts money into the hands of those who can make best use of it.

Regardless of how we got to where we are and who's fault it is, we're at a stage where a growing majority of fans do not wish to see Craig Brewster continue as manager. The club can ignore that in the hope that he turns things around soon whilst watching attendances drop and the respect of the fans disappear out the window...or they can take action.

In short, the club have sat on their hands in silence for so long over this issue that, IMO, they are leaving themselves with little option than the get rid of Brewster...it's at the stage where I just don't think or believe that the fans will accept anything less.

:rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;)

Guest Spectre

the immediate priority is that we get things back on track on the pitch, that we get back to playing the kind of football that is more pleasing for fans, that gets them through the turnstiles and puts money into the hands of those who can make best use of it.

I agree.

Well, the majority of posters on this site, for sure, including 150 who've voted on the poll and 10(?) who are articulate enough to follow this up with an email to the club! This may or may not be representative of the 'majority' and they may or may not be right.

In short, the club have sat on their hands in silence for so long over this issue

Clubs cannot really discuss employee performance in the public domain, other than give them a vote of confidence!

There's 8 e.mails gone to the club that I know of for 100% certain (i.e. I was copied in) since last night, but I believe there's others over and above that.

Disappointing so far, I know of at least 1 more though, perhaps 2 depending on if my father sent you a copy also.

Not disappointing at all, it's far better than the 1 e.mail I knew about prior to making my post.

sent mine on sunday as did my father and brother

the immediate priority is that we get things back on track on the pitch, that we get back to playing the kind of football that is more pleasing for fans, that gets them through the turnstiles and puts money into the hands of those who can make best use of it.

I agree.

Well, the majority of posters on this site, for sure, including 150 who've voted on the poll and 10(?) who are articulate enough to follow this up with an email to the club! This may or may not be representative of the 'majority' and they may or may not be right.

I see new posters joining in the past few days and old accounts reappearing to add their points of view.Besides every time that a statement like this is made more people will think to themselves that they will write that email just to p1ss you off.

In short, the club have sat on their hands in silence for so long over this issue

Clubs cannot really discuss employee performance in the public domain, other than give them a vote of confidence!

I have been quite vocal in naming the members of the Board I believe are at as much, if not more at fault than Brewster. However I understand that in terms of results on the field - The buck must stop with him and Malky.

If he, the manager, is putting a fit team out with instruction to play in a certain way and, as has been referred to on another thread, the players are not giving their all, he is maybe not totally to blame.

But he's not putting a fit team out though, is he? Proctor and now McGuire have come back to football before they are/were fully fit.

[sarcasim]I have also organised my own email rebellion against your email rebellion and our main aim is to convince the club to discard emails from toothless yokels. I have gathered together 20 ICT fans with access to internet and all have sent an email to commend the board for their patience and also to thank them for continued service while delivering us into the SPL and doing so without collecting a mountain of debt...... I have managed to speak to 15 of the 'rebels against rebels team' since and all have received an email from the club thanking us for not reacting like a bunch of school kids.... I'd like to thank the board for their speedy reply [sarcasim]

:rotflmao:

really though do you think you are doing any good for the club? causing disbelief in amongst the players, putting the club into turmoil... what are you trying to achieve apart from losing someone their job??

I'd expect more responsibility to be shown from senior members on this board... and certainly wouldn't expect to see them openly encouraging supporters to send emails to the club

Hope my initial paragraph is now easier to understand for all those that had trouble realising I was taking the pi55

I am of the belief that if you have a problem you do something about it YOURSELF!

For instance, if I were to send an email to the club to raise my concerns over our current form (and yes I am concerned) then I wouldn't come on to this site trying to find backing for a hate campaign.. instead I would hope that other people would forge their own opinions and take whatever action they felt was necessary

Scotty/Caley D I'll expect another 3 page reply as usual but I am delighted to see you have taken it upon yourselves to rally the troops "with great power comes responcibility"... or so I've heard

Imagine what it would be like if we had fans that would get behind the team, players and manager through this difficult time.... some might argue when their support is needed the most

Serious question:

What does a manager need to achieve with our squad to win over the support? Does it have to be Uefa qualification within his second season?