FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Anyone Recognise ?

Charlie,

Seagulls are not incontinent. They just have loose bowels and are diarrhetic.

Being incontinent means they are currently abroad.

Being a broad means being a gangsters's moll

Being a Moll can be confused with a wifie being obsessed with shopping at the Mall

Shopping can be obsessive so that's why men are out of pocket.

Out of Pocket means that he is Forty Pocket's brother.

OMG.  How will this all end?

:notworthy:  :crazy:  :crazy:  :crazy: :crazy:  :crazy:  :crazy:  :wave:  

Right on , Man. Ha! Ha!

The seagull sat upon a  weathered post, his Mammy just to see

When Mammy walked under his berth he mumbled  "You're my mammy. I will never sh-t on thee"

But when she ignored him he had  a change of heart and his composure went astray

So he got up of his duff and on her promptly had a P.

She shrieked out loud and cried in pain,  "I see, I see, I see"

"I say, I say, I say." he mocked her thus but that annoyed her even more now he has a heavy price to pay.

She called in the local witch who gave him quite a shock 'cos now he's fluffy and frilly and totally.... "GAY"... :ohmy:

:laugh:  You are a one, Charlie.Your approval means so much to me.

Samuel etc Coleridge? Wasn't he the  poet who penned "an ode to something."  Like

"The Downs are green, the UP-lands are far, far  away.

the lambs are gambolling but the croupiers won't pay

They said I would make moola but now I've  lost my honey

She's gone, she's gone --- she  says she needs the money

I'm prostrate with grief but back at the craps table and my eye is on that house bunny.

Go on Charlie--finish it off....... :cheer01:

Samuel etc Coleridge? Wasn't he the  poet who penned "an ode to something." 

Samuel Taylor Coleridge was actually a complete dopehead who penned "The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner" whilst totally out of his face and attempted to do the same with "Kubla Khan" but was interrupted by a visit from the Man From Porlock, hence the poem is only a few lines long because by the time he got back to his desk the effect of the dope had worn off and he didn't have a clue what he had been going on about.

I remember  now.... The Rime of the ancient Mariner....Yes.... Cute huh? :laugh:

Then that was followed quickly, don't forget, by the Grime of the Ancient Chimney Sweep.

I was just joshing you, Chas. You are the unbeatable, quintessential journalist and erudite to a fault--GRRRRR--jealousy rears it's envious head...

The problem now is that I can hardly remember my name, what with the deterioration of the  brain cells, the ennui associated with  the fact that one has heard it all before and the daunting realisation that "same old, same old" is unlikely to change any time soon. :smile:  

I remember  now.... The Rime of the ancient Mariner....Yes.... Cute huh? :laugh:

Then that was followed quickly, don't forget, by the Grime of the Ancient Chimney Sweep.

I was just joshing you, Chas. You are the unbeatable, quintessential journalist and erudite to a fault--GRRRRR--jealousy rears it's envious head...

The problem now is that I can hardly remember my name, what with the deterioration of the  brain cells, the ennui associated with  the fact that one has heard it all before and the daunting realisation that "same old, same old" is unlikely to change any time soon. :smile:  

Scarlet.... just in case you are in any doubt as to how much of a dopehead Coleridge was, this is part of the Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

FIRST VOICE ‘ "But tell me, tell me ! speak again, Thy soft response renewing— What makes that ship drive on so fast ? What is the ocean doing ?"   SECOND VOICE "Still as a slave before his lord, The ocean hath no blast ; His great bright eye most silently Up to the Moon is cast—   If he may know which way to go ; For she guides him smooth or grim. See, brother, see ! how graciously She looketh down on him."   FIRST VOICE "But why drives on that ship so fast, Without or wave or wind ?"   SECOND VOICE "The air is cut away before, And closes from behind.   Fly, brother, fly ! more high, more high ! Or we shall be belated : For slow and slow that ship will go, When the Mariner’s trance is abated."

Meanwhile this makes you really glad that the Man From Porlock chapped on Coleridge's door after the poet had written only 54 lines of Kubla Khan.

A damsel with a dulcimer       In a vision once I saw:     It was an Abyssinian maid,       And on her dulcimer she play'd,   40   Singing of Mount Abora.     Could I revive within me,     Her symphony and song,   To such a deep delight 'twould win me,

That with music loud and long,

Come back Lucy In The Skies and Strawberry Fields... all is forgiven!

Just like yesteryear as the journos are revolting

It would have been great if the Courier actually employed that number of journos! Next door to the Courier Office is, I think, what later became the Parish Council Offices. The burgh housing department was certainly in there in the 50s because when I was small my dad used to take me with him on some of his fairly regular visits to see a Mr Attwater in an attempt to secure a house in Dalneigh.

Anyone work across the Burnett Empire

The top left is the old academy building where the fire was last week, the bracket for the old clock was still on the wall before the fire (will need to get CB to check if its still there) the 2 Albion's I think have featured in the Old Inverness magazines.  I was never in the restaurant the first I remember of that building was Coopers/Fine Fare.

Ahhhh Coopers, I remember it well especially the fantastic aroma from the coffee beans  in boxes and sacks. 

One of the best grocers in town.

Until Wm Low's opened at the bottom of Bridge Street :smile:

Too easy so this could be a puzzler

The date "1898" (or is it maybe 1896?) on the station gable end could be significant because 1898 was the year that trains between Inverness and the central belt stopped having to go via Forres and Dava Moor and went over the Slochd instead. I am therefore wondering if this may be one of what I am guessing would have to have been new stations built around that time between Inverness and Aviemore. Carrbridge perhaps?

Edited by Charles Bannerman