FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Richie Foran

Kingsmills

I noticed that our club captain didn't feature at Grant Street.

I don't know what his prospects are after such a serious injury and long lay off but if we could get him fit and playing he would be our most significant 'new signing' for the forthcoming season.

I believe the prospects are looking good for the league season, but Yogi doesn't think he'll make the Astra games.

He didn't feature in the game v Clach, but he was out assisting with (and participating in) warm-ups before the game and at half-time.

Was great to see him on the pitch before the Clach game he was looking fit and healthy no extra weight etc. he's obviously been looking after himself during his lay off. Will be good to see him back on the pitch 

Wonderful news about Richie having reached the stage of hitting the turf. But it all depends on what surgery he had and  whether or not he is just still young enough to recover fully.  His lay off was very long , suggesting that this injury was a very difficult one to recover from.

Which frankly puts the wind up me  since it's been at least 30 years since I ripped my knee ligaments and I know that I will now never fully recover from  it. Meaning that I can fall down at any time, even climbing a stairs,  and each time this happens the

recovery time is lengthened and more painful.  Good luck Richie, you were the heart of the club in the past.