FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

inspiration

Tug

ok hypothetical here but you have the job

your managing caley on the back of 7 defeats and a win)at hearts i hope) your frst game in charge is against the champs and champions elect

what do you say to get the troops going for your first competitive home game in charge

I take cuttings of all the negative stuff that has been written in the papers, I also take what is probably some ludicrous bookies odds and I pin it all up on the whiteboard before we get down to discussing tactics (and the set pieces we have been practising all week) and tell the players to have a look. [worked for Pele Vs Celtic in that game]

After that, I tell the players that I believe in them, that the fans believe in them, and that the journalists and bookies deserve to eat their words and today is the first course of what will be a very satisfying meal. I also make the point that it is a clean slate for everyone. What is past is past and the future is what they want to make it in terms of their role in the team/squad. Then (after the tactics discussion) I tell them to go out, do what they do best and play flowing football, on the deck, and to work hard not only for themselves, but for the team and the fans.

Right lads, you've done it before. You can do it again. Your all capable professionals. Go our there, keep it tight at the back, keep the ball on the deck, make every pass count, give them nothing and when the opportunity comes make it count. And above all else, remember, this is a team game. You are a team. Play like a team and get out there and enjoy it.

Right lads, you've done it before. You can do it again. Your all capable professionals. Go our there, keep it tight at the back, keep the ball on the deck, make every pass count, give them nothing and when the opportunity comes make it count. And above all else, remember, this is a team game. You are a team. Play like a team and get out there and enjoy it.

I was going to say Eck MacLeod for manager but I thought I might get my fingers rapped for not posting in the correct thread :rotflmao: (found the TiC smiley for you)

les permite jugar al parque con nuestra sexy f?tbol. cinco objetivos por favor!

Online translator converts your spanish to 'soccer allows them to play the park with ours sexy. five objectives please!'

Can see that really turning Rossco on.

Im sure Rossco would get the gist of it and proceed to score a hatrick adding to the two goals already scored!

Result 5 objectives to nil!!