FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

CAN WE NOW STOP MOANING ?

INVCOMPS

Have to say after reading his intervew I am encouraged.... he almost answered all my questions

There's a huge challenge here, and we're looking forward to it not only this season but next term as well - hopefully in the SPL

obviously implying he will stay about if we get relegated

and the fact he has ditched his media role has also shown his dedication to the cause

I am not a massive fan of his personality but he has a very strong character that hopefully all our players will buy into

do you think Butcher can convince the likes of Cowie to sign on???

CAN WE NOW STOP MOANING ? BACK THE NEW MANAGEMENT AND BACK THE BOARD !! THAT WOULD MAKE A NICE CHANGE ! WE SHOULD TRY IT ! IT WOULD BE DIFFERENT AND WE MAY EVEN LIKE IT !!

BACK THE BUTCHER !!!!

A see through attempt at cheap advertising... Must try harder :rotflmao:

Having just seen him on North Tonight he has inspired me. The fact that he mentioned being active in the transfer market gives me faith he will be after an experianced forward. Good luck Terry and Maurice!

My thoughts exactly.

He's certainly saying the right things and can clearly see where we are struggling. The fact he's given up his setanta committments shows he really wants to be here and any thoughts that won't be giving 100% can be wiped out.

Onwards and upwards......

Yip the Board can wait - for the time being. The man is a fighter and he wont bow down to pressure from above and will be immune from the internal politics - Never thought that I would be backing an English Hun though. Hope somebody has put a piccy of Maradonna on his notice board to rev him up.

CAN WE NOW STOP MOANING ?

totally agree with this post.

i lost interest on this forum after the constant moaning and abuse about brewster, but when he was sacked i came back and found myself enjoying reading threads again

hopefully i won't lose interest because of all the immediate butcher negativity. really, give the man a chance...

I don't see too much negativity on the boards just now. Most people have accepted the boards decision to appoint Mr Butcher. We had no option but to appoint someone after the last one broke. Most of the negativity came from a handful of Brentford fans who expressed their opinions on Butchers term in office down there.

His record elsewhere is somewhat disconcerting, but this is a fresh start for Butcher and us.

Its like any conversation you will hear amongst ICT fans anywhere ......

some will be delighted its Butcher

some will be saddened its not <insert name of candidate here>

some will be on his case immediately because he didnt win, win win every where he has been

some will ask for him to at least get a few games under his belt before the moaning starts

At the end of the day, its all about opinion and everyone is entitled to their own one which they can express on here (so long as its within our existing rules of course).

My opinion is that we have dispensed with the worst manager in ICT history and a new era begins. Brewster is probably a decent man, I don't know. I only met him once, and Malky about twice .... but regardless of anything, the stats show they were far and away the worst managerial partnership ever to have darkened our doors.

That era is (thankfully) now gone and Terry Butcher is in charge. Forget Brentford, forget Sydney, forget every other job he has done. He is at ICT now and judging by his TV/Radio interviews, he is up for the fight, has done a bit more homework on Inverness than "joke candidate" Ossie, and has previous experience at a struggling SPL side.

At Motherwell, which is - in my opinion - the only job you can really judge him on in terms of comparison with ICT (SPL / Struggling / Malpas as his #2 etc) he worked wonders. He didnt manage to finish away from the bottom after taking over but what manager would have after having to cull his squad to the bare bones and work with a squad that at times had no first team players over the age of 21. However, once he was able to start steadying them, he took them to Hampden several times, finished in the top six twice and generally did extremely well under the circumstances.

What do I expect from him at ICT? I expect him to instill the same sort of fight and spirit in the team that we have had in the past and was only displayed sporadically under CB. I expect him to do something to improve our defensive woes. I expect him to try and sign an older head up front that can help to turn Rooney and Wood, and maybe Barrowman (if he decides to start earning his money) into the strikers we hope they can be. I expect him to improve our tactics/set pieces. I expect him to be his own man and not put up with any nonsense from above. I expect him to continue the honest assesments he gave in post match interviews when he was at Motherwell.

What do I not expect? I do not expect us to go down. I do not expect miracles, just steady progress. I do not expect him to win every game - as seen last weekend, we can all be positive about performance even during a loss.

A large number of ICT fans were behind the team 100% but maybe behind Brewster 10% in the last few weeks. We need everyone to still be 100% behind the team but that 100% has to extend to Terry Butcher now as well. It doesnt matter if you wanted Robbo, Knox, Ardiles, or any of the other real (and imaginary) candidates. TB is here, he sounds like he is here to stay for a while, and he deserves our support and respect until such time as he proves he cant do it. We shouldnt be getting on his case before a ball is kicked.

I personally have had enough of all the bickering, fighting and disagreements that symbolised the Brewster era on the park, off the park, and in the corridors of power. All of this led to the erosion of the ICT spirit and we need to get it back if we are to win this fight. I think (and hope) TB can do that .....

Its like any conversation you will hear amongst ICT fans anywhere ......

some will be delighted its Butcher

some will be saddened its not <insert name of candidate here>

some will be on his case immediately because he didnt win, win win every where he has been

some will ask for him to at least get a few games under his belt before the moaning starts

At the end of the day, its all about opinion and everyone is entitled to their own one which they can express on here (so long as its within our existing rules of course).

My opinion is that we have dispensed with the worst manager in ICT history and a new era begins. Brewster is probably a decent man, I don't know. I only met him once, and Malky about twice .... but regardless of anything, the stats show they were far and away the worst managerial partnership ever to have darkened our doors.

That era is (thankfully) now gone and Terry Butcher is in charge. Forget Brentford, forget Sydney, forget every other job he has done. He is at ICT now and judging by his TV/Radio interviews, he is up for the fight, has done a bit more homework on Inverness than "joke candidate" Ossie, and has previous experience at a struggling SPL side.

At Motherwell, which is - in my opinion - the only job you can really judge him on in terms of comparison with ICT (SPL / Struggling / Malpas as his #2 etc) he worked wonders. He didnt manage to finish away from the bottom after taking over but what manager would have after having to cull his squad to the bare bones and work with a squad that at times had no first team players over the age of 21. However, once he was able to start steadying them, he took them to Hampden several times, finished in the top six twice and generally did extremely well under the circumstances.

What do I expect from him at ICT? I expect him to instill the same sort of fight and spirit in the team that we have had in the past and was only displayed sporadically under CB. I expect him to do something to improve our defensive woes. I expect him to try and sign an older head up front that can help to turn Rooney and Wood, and maybe Barrowman (if he decides to start earning his money) into the strikers we hope they can be. I expect him to improve our tactics/set pieces. I expect him to be his own man and not put up with any nonsense from above. I expect him to continue the honest assesments he gave in post match interviews when he was at Motherwell.

What do I not expect? I do not expect us to go down. I do not expect miracles, just steady progress. I do not expect him to win every game - as seen last weekend, we can all be positive about performance even during a loss.

A large number of ICT fans were behind the team 100% but maybe behind Brewster 10% in the last few weeks. We need everyone to still be 100% behind the team but that 100% has to extend to Terry Butcher now as well. It doesnt matter if you wanted Robbo, Knox, Ardiles, or any of the other real (and imaginary) candidates. TB is here, he sounds like he is here to stay for a while, and he deserves our support and respect until such time as he proves he cant do it. We shouldnt be getting on his case before a ball is kicked.

I personally have had enough of all the bickering, fighting and disagreements that symbolised the Brewster era on the park, off the park, and in the corridors of power. All of this led to the erosion of the ICT spirit and we need to get it back if we are to win this fight. I think (and hope) TB can do that .....

:rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: But lest you not forget - This was not all about Craig Brewster.