Matchday Thread: Ict -v- Hamilton

Scotty

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once again we were the better team but once again we failed to beast our bitches. If we had the points that they do over us, they would be all but relegated just now. Imrie needs to realise it's a team game, he wastses numerous opportunities by choosing the wrong option. Foran worked his socks off again and scored a peach of a volley, unfortunately I couldn't celebrate properly as I was in the middle of my half time coffee. He won 90% of all balls knocked towards him, great leader of the line display. Could Fraser have done better with the looped header leading up to the goal? My initial reaction was he could have held it, thus averting the corner which preceded the goal. Offiong did miss a great chance to steal the points, but Imrie could not force the winner although he did manage to get this one on target, but Cerny was equal to it. Proctor, Zadi, McBain, Imrie will need to think again, as they offered little to trouble the Accies, who seemed to wake up once they were down to ten men.

Mystifying refereeing decions once again spoil the spectacle, but the real problem is our inability to punish teams when we are in the ascendency. Lionel tried single handedly to throw the game towards Accies, although the wee fellow, Assamoah was a handful. I am convinced he was fouling Lionel by getting underneath and nudging him every challenge and the ref kept penalising Lionel. Overall we should have strolled it after opening the scoring, but Accies are nothing if not stubborn and once again they thwarted us and stole a point which could have been undeservedly all three but for Offiongs miss.

Because of this, we now have two tricky away games followed by what could be a last day decider against a resurgent Falkirk. Squeaky bums at the ready.

Agree all Donnie

Poor old Lionel gets all the stick as usual there was at least two other ICT players never turned up yesterday and collectivley did less than Lionel. One of whom had an appauling game, no names as I never openly criticise.

I do find him entertaining though, in a team which isn't.

Agree all Donnie

Poor old Lionel gets all the stick as usual there was at least two other ICT players never turned up yesterday and collectivley did less than Lionel. One of whom had an appauling game, no names as I never openly criticise.

I do find him entertaining though, in a team which isn't.

Although I agree with ur train of thought that others didnt play to great, none of them do what poor old Lionel does and fafs around and tries to be clever inside his own box, the one where he had 2 attempts to clear and came close to scoring a spectacular own goal with a miskick had to be seen to be believed!

Good game in which we should have taken the three points, we played to our strengths (particularly foran up front) and almost got the win which would have secured another spl season.

Lionel was decent in the first half, got better in the 2nd but still made glaring errors that were lucky not to end up as goals. Proctor was pretty poor and his delivery annoyed me, but still did well to stem hamiltons attacking flow.

MOM definitely Foran. Beautiful goal and excellent performance. Sort of showed Imrie how to channel passion and agression, jumping for everything and putting himself on the line, instead of running around like a headless chicken before playing the wrong ball.

Still, i'm sure he's going to score the goal that keeps us up.