FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher Is Off

Maurice Malpas would go with Butcher (if he went)(unlikely) but he would make a good manger.

Robertson might be with us to see us win the 1st div again!

Given how he finished as manager of Motherwell i seriously doubt Maurice Malpas will go back there at all. And lets not forget he did want the Inverness job as well when Brewster was fired.

But between the two i would take Robbo in a heart beat.

Edited by ajsict92

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robertson is a caley boy at heart. He'd jump at the chance of coming back to the TCS. I would personally love to see him again as he was a quality manger. But as Tel won't be going any where isn't a waste of time discussing who will be our next manger??

Maurice Malpas would go with Butcher (if he went)(unlikely) but he would make a good manger.

Robertson might be with us to see us win the 1st div again!

Do you seriously think that Maurice Malpas would be a good manager for ICT? He was dreadful at Motherwell, and dreadful at Swindon. Sacked by Swindon, and took Motherwell from being a comfortable mid-table SPL side toa very near relegated one. The only success Malpas has ever had was when he was least with Butcher (and vice versa [they seem to be hopeless apart, but together they become good]).

I am also strongly against a former manager coming back and that would include Robertson. He might have been good when he was here, but he hasn't done much good anywhere else. He might see himself as the next manager in waiting but I don't. Have a look at how many managers have done well after returning to a former club. The one that sticks out is Walter Smith, but he has a huge budget and still hasn't had a massive amount of success. Another fairly successful two-time manager I can think of is Steve Bruce at Wigan, though less so success-wise.

When the time comes that Butcher moves on (hopefully taking Malpas with him), I'll come out on here and endorse a candidate who would come to ICT, has had success, play's attractive football, makes good signings on a smaller budget, and has has even received praise from Butcher. I'll make that endorsement of that candidate and hopefull management team when the time comes. For now I believe that it is too early to tell how well Butcher has, and will do.

Edited by Renegade

Whilst I still remain pro Butcher. Can I say it might not be a bad thing if he goes. I have heard Motherwell are getting 200k for McGhee to go to Aberdeen.

Now if Motherwell give us 200k for Butcher and we can recruit a replacement for free (prob on less wages than Butcher) then we will have some money to strengthen our squad for the fight out of the 1st division.

As it stands I think we will struggle to get out the first with the lack of funds Butcher has at his disposal and I'm sure he is on more money than his counterparts in the First.

However, I don't think he will go as I don't think Motherwell will want to pay to get him. I think in the current economic climate Motherwell would rather get a manager in that ain't going to cost them and have the 200k to reduce debt or get players.

Edited by kiltarlity

As is often the case the Immortal One gets the sniff of something but doesn't necessarily have all the detail.

What has (apparently) happened is that Butcher was told he had 'X' Amount of money to go and re-sign the best of our U19's...so he then went to Clelland and told him to offer deals to certain lads. The lads then turned up at the club a couple of days later to sign the deals, only to be told by Grassa that the deals were not/no longer available.

Butcher has now been left looking like a bit of a **** and has gone away on Holiday a none too happy chappy.

Grassa is now doing a lot of mouthing in the press about this, that and the next thing...talking about how he and Butcher will be putting a squad together etc...and to be honest, I think much of what's being said will come as a further surprise to Butcher on his return.

It all smacks of Grassa scrambling around in desperation trying to justify his position within the club, and as is usual, it's turning into a PR nightmare and we could very well end up losing people who are far more valubale to ICT than he has become in the last few years.

The last thing we need is a conflict. Terry Butcher has worked at the top level in this game and I don't think he would appreciate being undermined. I hope it can be resolved as I believe we need TB & MM to have a chance of bouncing back. 2nd choice would be Robbo & Barry, who I also think could take us back up.

I heard at the weekend that TB has some big thing to think about, as Scotlands number 2 and ICT's gaffer in the SPL he never had any bother as the SPL games did not clash with the Internationals, however now hes in the SFL... things have changed... so where does his love lie???

This is a subject.Butcher ain't going any where so whats the point is discussing the next in line. Maybe we will be speaking about this in a years time but for now I'm happy with Butcher's and Malpaes' input.

Guest Mahonio

Just been on Falkirk's fan forum (OneFinFalkirk) due to the news that John Hughes is new Hibs manager and they have mentioned Butch as a possible successor along with Robbo by a couple of fans with most others against Robbo for some reason.

However, i doubt he'll leave for them of all teams especially when they relegated us.

I heard at the weekend that TB has some big thing to think about, as Scotlands number 2 and ICT's gaffer in the SPL he never had any bother as the SPL games did not clash with the Internationals, however now hes in the SFL... things have changed... so where does his love lie???

Think this is a bit of a red herring .... SPL, Div1 and even Div2 are normally called off for most international weekends. If there was a clash then I am sure TB (and ICT) would base it on the importance of the fixture .... a crucial WC qualifier and TB should be allowed to go and do the job he was already employed in before coming to ICT ... a meaningless friendly, then he stays in Inverness and lets Burley, Pressley and any other staff take up the slack.

TB has a lot of hard work to do next season and much of our talk seems to be as undermining to him as the suggestions of things that are happening in the background. If he doesnt fancy it, or our board cant afford him or cant give him 100% backing then lets get that sorted out now. Otherwise, we (club and fans) need to get behind him and he needs to show his committment to us in what might be the most defining season of our immediate future.

I reckon we should have Brewster back. He got us out of the SPL and I reckon he could easily get us out of Div 1.

:rolleyes:

If IT came back, i would happily jump off the Kessok whilst on fire while you video this and post it on youtube to which it gets more views than susan boyle screaching.

Any manager would be better than B******r anyway.

I think iv been trying to convince myself that Butcher is a good manager. I know i shouldn't be hinking this but i dont really see him being a sucess. Just look at our results. We were 4 points ahead and he fecked it up. The CaleyP's mind tricks on another ANTI BUTCHER thread have also mentally scared me :lol:

Further to that, a WLM convo earlier today. I never knew we got money if Butcher left, 200 k roughly. Also his wages are 100 k a year. Normal managers would be about half that.

Is it too early to have an opinion poll about Butcher?

From tonights evening times...

Meanwhile, Burley is still hopeful that he will have assistant Terry Butcher in the Scotland dug-out for the remaining three qualifying games.

The Inverness Caley Thistle manager could have a clash of priorities with his Irn-Bru First Division side playing on the same day as Scotland.

"Right now we are preparing in the full expectation that Terry will have a role to play. We are hopeful that we can find a way around the problem," said Burley

The Inverness Caley Thistle manager could have a clash of priorities with his Irn-Bru First Division side playing on the same day as Scotland.

as the fixtures are not released for another 9/10 days, this is pure speculation.

I reckon we should have Brewster back. He got us out of the SPL and I reckon he could easily get us out of Div 1.

:024:

If IT came back, i would happily jump off the Kessok whilst on fire while you video this and post it on youtube to which it gets more views than susan boyle screaching.

I think iv been trying to convince myself that Butcher is a good manager. I know i shouldn't be hinking this but i dont really see him being a sucess. Just look at our results. We were 4 points ahead and he fecked it up. The CaleyP's mind tricks on another ANTI BUTCHER thread have also mentally scared me :lol:

Further to that, a WLM convo earlier today. I never knew we got money if Butcher left, 200 k roughly. Also his wages are 100 k a year. Normal managers would be about half that.

Whooooooosh!!!!!!!!!

:024:

I think iv been trying to convince myself that Butcher is a good manager. I know i shouldn't be hinking this but i dont really see him being a sucess. Just look at our results. We were 4 points ahead and he fecked it up. The CaleyP's mind tricks on another ANTI BUTCHER thread have also mentally scared me :rotflmao:

Whooooooosh!!!!!!!!!

Dont you Whooooooosh me :lol:

:rotflmao::lol: why did u Whooooooosh me in the first place. Its not like am going anywhere fast?

as the fixtures are not released for another 9/10 days, this is pure speculation.

Thats why it says Could, however if i mind right last years the lower div's were still on with int games, I work with a Dundee fan and Morton fan and im sure they were at the football that weekend..

As for being behind TB, I am, I beleve he is a man of his word and will stay, but for how long is the question....

Guest Mahonio

According to another forum, he has formally applied for falkirk job

It is OneFinFalkirk Forum because i have just been on it to find out the latest on managerial front and Butch was mentioned on it as having been on the shortlist.

I have heard from 2 people this week that Butcher and Grassa have had a big fall out and Butcher is looking to leave. My guess would be that Butcher was promised X amount of transfer funds if we went down and we're obviously not getting them.

If this is true, Get the board and the people who are involved for their own agendas out now, they run the club for themselves and not the supporters!!

IHE i am fully behind your point of view about the board.