FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Norway Last With 4 Points

culduthel

Here we go again! Triumph of hope over experience springs eternal. Scotland's chances of coming second in our table in the World Cup qualifiers just improved markedly with the results from last night's games. Our main opponents Norway now in last place with four points from four games. We are on seven from five. Can we do it? Or will Iceland finish ahead of us. Does anyone care anymore?

I want to care, I really do but something deep inside me tells me, don't get fooled again! Ignore it all and avoid the deep disappointment of another Scottish football team failure.

Experience tells us we will go into our last game of the qualifiers needing to win by three clear goals just to make the play-offs. If that happens, like many, I can see me getting fooled again.

Does anyone out there have any advice on how I can cope with the next six months of Scottish hope?

Forget it.

We probably will finish 2nd, but it's hard to see how we will be one of the best 8 group runners up. At present all the other 2nd place teams have achieved about 2 points per game, we have just 1.4.

Guest ThePugsy93

I will be very surprised if Scotlnad finish second, let alone qualify for the play offs.

And quite frankly couldn't give a flying duck whether they qualify or not. I only support 1 team.