FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher must Go!

Guest Mahonio

I think Charlie would do a decent job in SFL1. The footy was pretty good to watch too. Mind you I'm gonna lamp him for nearly knocking 2 of us over with his Merc coming into the car park for the Partick game the other week.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No point in slagging off Butcher, Spare some time to think of John Hughes, past and present season he was I game from being sacked at Falkirk and is now a Hi bee hero.

Who would you suggest ? How about the assistant manager at County they seem to be doing OK?

Whats that, you would rather have Butcher.

"Now I train for two hours a day, I'm off Wednesdays and Sundays, a game on a Saturday, two months off in the summer and getting well paid for it. Do you know what I mean?"
(Richie Foran in an interview with the Indy)

When I read this I found it a little troubling, if it's actually true (i.e. our players are only training for 8 hours a week) then its a bl00dy disgrace!!! If Butcher is truly as angry as his post-match interview this week suggested, surely it's time he forced our under-perfoming players to do an honest days work. They're supposed to be full time professionals afterall. If we were under any illusions as to how difficult a challenge it was going to be to win this league, we certainly shouldn't be anymore. I don't think it's time for Butcher to go, but it's certainly time for him to work alot harder than he has hitherto.

Two hours a day of training is normal for a full time football team, sometimes you'll get what we would call a double session where we'd have 2hours in the morning and 1and half in the afternoon but that would usually happen once a week. I wouldnt get too troubled over it as this is a normal training week for a full time club. I know now it was easy street full time football, but i hated double sessions, they were a killer, lazy i know. Basically footballers have it mega easy and usually a player won't realise that too much until they stop playing. In fairness there is only so much training you can do in a day.

Guest Mahonio

This is only my opinion and isn't a heat of the moment statement but BUTCHER GET TO F**K YOU AIN'T FIT TO MANAGE ICT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robbo please come back.

Thoughts?

:004:

How old are you ?

5 by the sounds of it , get a grip of yerself :lol: Nut job

No i am F***ing 24 and in future i would watch what your saying :lol: :023: :lol: :angry:

Had to edit it because i forgot my age to the geezer that called me 5yrs old so i blame him for forgetting, he knows who he is hopefully, but i won't bloody stand for being called a kid ok fanoffooty :angry: :angry:

Edited by Mahonio

Am I the only person who thinks that just because you're a member of an internet forum, you don't have the right to go nuts with smileys and exclamation marks?

:D

Am I the only person that thinks just because you're a member of an internet forum, you don't have the right to post the most ridiculous team line-ups ever in the history of football?

Seriously pal, have a word with yourself.

Ah, a rather predictable reply.

Am I the only person who respects other forum users opinions, no matter how "ridiculous" they may be?

Am I the only person who thinks that just because you're a member of an internet forum, you don't have the right to go nuts with smileys and exclamation marks?

:lol:

Jog on kiddo. I was merely pointing out the irony of you being annoyed on here.

Ah, a rather predictable reply.

Am I the only person who respects other forum users opinions, no matter how "ridiculous" they may be?

:lol:

Jog on kiddo. I was merely pointing out the irony of you being annoyed on here.

Thanks for that, I feel much better now.

I can help but think that the situation we're in at the moment in terms of management is the same as what Rangers were in when Walter Smith announced his departure before the end his last tenure.

This had a really negative impact on his results in his last season.

I can't help but wonder if this is the case with Terry at moment.

I'm of the opinion that good managers motivate players through praise and building confidence. Stability is also key to this. In many ways I'm wondering if it would be better if the club either offers them new contracts OR come to agreement where we can appoint a management team on a longer term basis to give us the stability we need.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

I can help but think that the situation we're in atnegative the moment in terms of management is the same as what Rangers were in when Walter Smith announced his departure before the end his last tenure.

I'm of the opinion that good managers motivate players through praise and building confidence. Stability is also key to this. In many ways I'm wondering if it would be better if the club either offers them new contracts OR come to agreement where we can appoint a management team on a longer term basis.

Butcher is a stopgap, his contract should't be renewed. He saw us as a road back to full time management and the board saw him as a "name" to appease the fans, how's that working out for them? SPL to SFL mediocrity in a matter of weeks. No new contract until he demonstrates a degree of consistency and only then after looking at all the other options available to us.

Points to ponder.

(1) Will he go?

(2) Should he go?

(3) Show consistency?

(4) Other Managerial options?

1) I think he might as he does not appear to have the backing from the Board or the fans.

2) Definitely not! The work is only part done but we will get there if he stays long enough.

3) If you play golf it is you against the course, end of! In a football match it is you against the other team and you are only as good as you are allowed to be, by the opposition. This opposition, in this league, appear to be able to match each other on any given day so a result must have this factored into any critical analysis.

We always made the OF look average and always the papers said the OF had an off day when they played us - no they did not, we had an ON day.

4) What yardstick do you use for consistency? Play each game as you did the week before and win 4-1 again? So the rival team this week has not studied and analysed your tactics from last week and taken appropriate action to nullify your strengths? Poor management by them if they have not.

5) Living in the past hoping Pele will return and provide the football from back then is a joke. Players are different from back then - tactics have improved since then - loyalty has now almost disappeared.

Management stock will not include any big names now - would TB come to ICT at this time? Of course not, he came to keep us up and enjoy the press exposure playing against the OF, not County.

Enjoy TB when you have him folks, he will not be here for long - he will leave, on his terms.

Stability is also key to this. In many ways I'm wondering if it would be better if the club either offers them new contracts OR come to agreement where we can appoint a management team on a longer term basis to give us the stability we need.

I'm hoping next time round, we go for a manager who is going to be around long-term, seeking out more longer-term players. At the moment, I'd have thought that would be the likes of Pele and Robbo. I wouldn't rule out others though. I just think they have been successful here, they know the marketplace they operate in and they would be keen to stay with the long-term plan, rather than a short-term jump ship elsewhere. If they could build the club up from ground-level by having 'Highland-minded' (sorry Celtic) staff, like Christie, Wilson etc behind the scenes, then that could be a way back on a sound footing.

Go the way the likes of Ipswich went under Bobby Robson, who pointed out that he didn't have money but he did have time. And, of course, time is money. Paul Sturrock did it at Plymouth (and must be kicking himself that he left), Craig Levein looks like he might emulate Jim MacLean at Dundee United.

No short-termism, even if that means a period of rebuilding.

I think he should go.

Not really a constructive comment. On what grounds?

I'm probably of the inkling that we should try to get the current management team to sign for another couple of years. I like the fact that Terry gets animated during matches and appears to be passionate about his role.

I'm not keen on him going public in regard to performances from Saturday.

Wether he should go or not the fact is he probably will go at the end of the season because he won't get his contract renewed and we won't get promoted. This will result in more cost cutting and more changes.

Don't mean to be on a downer but i really don't think we were ever going to get straight back up, i'm sure i'm not the only one that thinks this. Getting relegated has set our squad and financial stability back quite a bit and what will happen is this wanna be fairytale season will end and the serious rebuilding will begin.

And i agree, a long term manager is needed. And one that is 100% commited to us and not other masters.

I can help but think that the situation we're in atnegative the moment in terms of management is the same as what Rangers were in when Walter Smith announced his departure before the end his last tenure.

I'm of the opinion that good managers motivate players through praise and building confidence. Stability is also key to this. In many ways I'm wondering if it would be better if the club either offers them new contracts OR come to agreement where we can appoint a management team on a longer term basis.

Butcher is a stopgap, his contract should't be renewed. He saw us as a road back to full time management and the board saw him as a "name" to appease the fans, how's that working out for them? SPL to SFL mediocrity in a matter of weeks. No new contract until he demonstrates a degree of consistency and only then after looking at all the other options available to us.

You fail to mention that we were spiraling to SFL mediocrity before Butcher came along, he did almost turned it round with players he didnt know (or sign in the window).

However as we have seen Butchers signings have been dropped like flies and the old players gradually being re-introduced, i think we are looking at a more positive side now and if he signs a decent defender in January to stop the leaks, we could have a decent run in to the end of the season.

You fail to mention that we were spiraling to SFL mediocrity before Butcher came along, he did almost turned it round with players he didnt know (or sign in the window).

However as we have seen Butchers signings have been dropped like flies and the old players gradually being re-introduced, i think we are looking at a more positive side now and if he signs a decent defender in January to stop the leaks, we could have a decent run in to the end of the season.

I'm in agreement with you on that 100%. We need a Dods'esque' centre half who can command.

IF and it is a big if they can sign someone then that will make a massive difference. IMHO.

I'm probably of the inkling that we should try to get the current management team to sign for another couple of years. I like the fact that Terry gets animated during matches and appears to be passionate about his role.

Yes.... Anyone who can get get as animated and passionate as TB gets should definitely have their contract extended by at least two years.

Fans that act the same a TB get shuned for being naughty not good fans... but its ok for TB so openly shun his players and get Animated... i wonder if MM wrustles sweetys to loud....