FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher must Go!

Guest Mahonio

Has it not occured to anyone that the reason County are beating us may well be Brewster.

Well, his record was poor when he wasn't playing for ICT first time around, he then almost got a good team relegated in Dundee Utd, then did get a decent team relegated, bar the shouting, in Inverness, so....no.

County have a fairly settled team with some good acquisitions, especially in Vigurs and Brittain (spelling?). di Gacomo also seems to have found his level. Don't really know if Adams is any good yet or not. Not seen much of County over the past two years but always helps to have a settled management team.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the reasons stated Butcher and Malpas will see out their contracts until the end of the season. For that reson alone, there's no point in doing anything other than getting behind them.

As for next season, if Steve Paterson is stable from a health point of view, he would be my preferred candidate.

Robbo with Pele as assistant would be the best option. Would probably end up with Dick Campbell though.....

Please dont give them any ideas!

This is something that has puzzled me for years. What is wrong with Dick Campbell. He has transformed every team he has been at into a force and has won several leagues. Why would it be wrong to have a punt on him next season if butcher goes?

This is only my opinion and isn't a heat of the moment statement but BUTCHER GET TO F**K YOU AIN'T FIT TO MANAGE ICT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robbo please come back.

Thoughts?

:001:

How old are you ?

5 by the sounds of it , get a grip of yerself :019: Nut job

This is only my opinion and isn't a heat of the moment statement but BUTCHER GET TO F**K YOU AIN'T FIT TO MANAGE ICT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robbo please come back.

Thoughts?

:001:

How old are you ?

5 by the sounds of it , get a grip of yerself :019: Nut job

Dont get me wrong, i want butcher out but theres no point in doing it now. The only upside to butcher is that he has shown that he can be attacking minded.

This is a point someone brought up(cant remember if its this thread or not) but have the ICT backroom staff had their hours cut. Maybe thats the problem we are facing now with players not getting enough time on the training field?

The team played absolute sh*te. Only came to life late on in the game. Hayes should be a starter every week. And Rooney was back to his ineffective best. Bulvitis was a disgrace. Duncan was usual waste of space. The way the defence fannied about was laughable - they gave Ross County ample opportunity to score more than two goals. We deserved nothing from that game. Hope Butcher gives them a good kick up the backside as it is just not good enough. I will support Caley Thistle with my last breath but was bitterly disappointed yesterday. There seemed to be no pride and passion in the side. They have two weeks to get themselves sorted, let us hope they work hard on this. And practice set plays in training - they didn't have a clue what they were doing yesterday.

Rant over.

we sit back and think that because we've had a win, or a wee and i mean wee run of good games that we can just sit back!! WE NEED TO PUT IN AS MUCH EFFORT WEEK IN WEEK OUT!! I'm as negitive as the next man, some times more so!! but our team have no direction!! and seem to think we should just be winning!! guy's we're here to the forceable future, i just hope we stay in the first!! butcher cant go, we cant afford to sack him, lets run our selfs in to the ground and build back up from there, I dont think robbo'll be back, hes been shat on too many times and to be honest would have to take a massive pay cut from his pundits wage and O group stuff... I'll take anyone on a free just now!!!

Renagade, are you busy just now, why not give the lad a punt, whats the worst that'll happen!!

Is it just me or was that not a ICT team worthy of a Highland Derby ?? Off the pitch it was as good as it ever was - if not actually more friendly - even the local polis talked to me !!!

There were players on the park who simply did not perform or appeared to realise the importance - and that goes for a couple who should know better - the Tinks wanted it more - the Tinks played for their jersys and they feckin deserved to win and it could have been more.

I actually feel sorry fer Butcher - as he has muppets above and below him and no spondoolachs to change it.

Is it just me or was that not a ICT team worthy of a Highland Derby ?? Off the pitch it was as good as it ever was - if not actually more friendly - even the local polis talked to me !!!

There were players on the park who simply did not perform or appeared to realise the importance - and that goes for a couple who should know better - the Tinks wanted it more - the Tinks played for their jersys and they feckin deserved to win and it could have been more.

I actually feel sorry fer Butcher - as he has muppets above and below him and no spondoolachs to change it.

I think you must be going soft with your advancing age, IHE. I never thought I'd hear you make excuses for a manager.

So Butcher is in the same boat as 90% of the rest of the managers in the UK in not having enough money for new players. Would he recognise a good player even if he had the money? Judging by most of those he has brought in perhaps the answer is 'no'.

Its his job to motivate and get the best out of the players he has. He 'talks the talk' off the field by all accounts, but it would seem that this is not transferring to the team's perfomance in the big games.

Coupled with a clear lack of tactical know how, its easy to see why many supporters now think he should be offski.

The problem is clearly motivation. Every man in that team should have been fighting for their place in the team, but out of them all I would only keep Esson (no alternative and has shown himself as a good goalie) and perhaps Munro and Hayes.

Butcher seems to be saying the right things in the papers but he doesn't seem to be drilling it into the players.

Also, Roscoe coming out in the papers beforehand and calling the previous derbies timid and stating that he was going to spice things up, don't make me laugh. I'm a big fan of Tokely, but for him to come out and say that, before putting in a display that wouldn't be worthy of a friendly is pathetic. Shut up next time Roscoe.

I think its time a few people realised a few facts. This club has no money. Butcher brought in players, on a pittance, and by calling in one or two favours, in the hope of building a competitive team. Two of his key players have been out till recently. His cover for Bulvitis isn't fit. We have no competition in defence. People have called on him to change tactics. He did, successfully, for two games. He should have changed it back to a 4-5-1 for County but chose to stick with what was winning. It failed. The players failed. Why is it that players who once played for the badge they wear, who were once very difficult to break down, who played for the fans and who displayed pride and passion in every game are not producing any more. Is it because they're paid a pittance? Is it because they don't like the last two managers? Is it the constant negativity from the fans that's rubbing off on them?

As things stand at the moment I don't believe any manager could do better. I think things are more deep rooted than any manager can sort. I actually believe that the lack of job security and the worry of what the future holds, for many of them, may have something to do with things.

Getting rid of Butcher is not the answer. Bringing in Robbo, or anyone else, wont solve things. Personally I blame the one man with total control. The one man who's ego is so big that, not wanting to do the job of chairman, he has to see his name emblazoned over the stadium and has to hold the title of Honorary Chairman. He, in my mind, is the one holding back this club.

I think its time a few people realised a few facts. This club has no money. Butcher brought in players, on a pittance, and by calling in one or two favours, in the hope of building a competitive team. Two of his key players have been out till recently. His cover for Bulvitis isn't fit. We have no competition in defence. People have called on him to change tactics. He did, successfully, for two games. He should have changed it back to a 4-5-1 for County but chose to stick with what was winning. It failed. The players failed. Why is it that players who once played for the badge they wear, who were once very difficult to break down, who played for the fans and who displayed pride and passion in every game are not producing any more. Is it because they're paid a pittance? Is it because they don't like the last two managers? Is it the constant negativity from the fans that's rubbing off on them?

As things stand at the moment I don't believe any manager could do better. I think things are more deep rooted than any manager can sort. I actually believe that the lack of job security and the worry of what the future holds, for many of them, may have something to do with things.

Getting rid of Butcher is not the answer. Bringing in Robbo, or anyone else, wont solve things. Personally I blame the one man with total control. The one man who's ego is so big that, not wanting to do the job of chairman, he has to see his name emblazoned over the stadium and has to hold the title of Honorary Chairman. He, in my mind, is the one holding back this club.

Alex, to be honest I think that sums up our situation at present fairly well.

I completely agree with you Alex. You have summed up the problem in one. I think its unfair to blame Butcher for the performances this season. In my view it's all down to a lack of resources, if theres no money available how do you attract higher quality players able to turn things around. Buthcher can only work with what he has.

Weez

Guest Mahonio

Robbo please come back.

Thoughts?

:P

How old are you ?

5 by the sounds of it , get a grip of yerself :022: Nut job

No i am F***ing 21 and in future i would watch what your saying :021: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Our wage bill has been slashed since last season but it's still higher than anyone elses in the division bar Dundee. That includes Q.O.S., Partick and Ross County all of whom have comprehensively beaten us recently.

Oh great legal one, are you referring to players wage bill or total wage bill. How many of the clubs you mention have a Chief Executive (albeit a sacked one)? How many have a DoF? Most SFL clubs have a handful of staff and a load of volunteers. We have a load of staff and a handful of volunteers. Dont get me wrong, there are some who work for their money at our club. They work hard, they work more hours than they're paid for. They're dedicated to what they do. They're are others who are in positions because of who they know or who they crawl to.