FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Robson Moving On

Donview

Caught the end of tonight's sport headlines on Grampian and it's reported that Celtic have agreed a deal with Middlesborough for Barry Robson.

Does that mean we get another slice of his transfer fee or was it restricted to a move from the Arabs??

given our boards complete contractual retardedness i'd be staggered if we are due any slice of the deal

Eh? I'd love to her your explanation for this.

We got our cut of the fee when he moved from Dundee United to Celtic.

He joined the Arabs in May 2003, then Celts in Jan 2008. I am speculating but I doubt we'd have got anything from the Celtic deal if they'd waited 'til the summer.

These clauses can't be prerpetual or it would stop all transfer movement.

Edited by PullMyFinger

given our boards complete contractual retardedness i'd be staggered if we are due any slice of the deal

Eh? I'd love to her your explanation for this.

We got our cut of the fee when he moved from Dundee United to Celtic.

eh? yeah we did rig . but the original poster is asking about a further slice on this move to boro which again i'd be staggered if that was on the cards.

happy? :rolleyes:

Indeed. We'd only be due money under some FIFA regulation if we had developed Robson from scratch. We didn't. We are due nothing. How on earth someone can slag off the board for this beggars belief.

Indeed. We'd only be due money under some FIFA regulation if we had developed Robson from scratch. We didn't. We are due nothing. How on earth someone can slag off the board for this beggars belief.

Come on RiG you've been a member on here long enough now surely .

:lol: Why are you saying it's the boards fault that we didn't get any money from this transfer? You cannot get money from the 2nd transfer. Silly. Its not up to Celtic to pay us because he played for us a while back. It was all in the Dundee United deal.

another whoosh then.

dont be daft.where did i say it was the boards fault we didnt get money from this transfer? i was never expecting money from this deal, have i said i was? . :)

once again, i merely commented that with the boards track record with players contracts that i'd be staggered if we'd put in place something to enable us to get money from this one, much like numerous other posters ffs

I'm sure there has been cases where players have been contracted to realise some cash if they played at a higher level, international caps etc, therefore if someone had a bit of foresight is it possible that we may benefit from this deal............

Can you name any such instances? We all know about sell on fees if a player goes from A to B and is them sold to C. A gets some of the transfer fee paid by C to B - e.g. Robson, Rankin etc. I can't think of any examples where a club D comes into the mix and A is due money.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why Strachan thinks players who he didn't rate much at Celtic are suddenly good enough for Middlesbrough.

While I am as cynical as the next man about the competence of our board in relation to legal and commercial matters, they cannot be faulted in this cae. They were prudent enough to insert a sell on clause in te transfer contract with Dundee United.

They could not benefit from any subsequent contract between the Arabs and any third party such as Celtic not being a party to that contract.

Killen and Flood were just bad signings, but I'm very surprised Robson is being sold. He's been one of their better players recently, and it surely won't be cheap to get someone the same or better.

I felt a bit sorry for Killen. Seemed to do well whenever he got the chance but those were few and far between.

Can you name any such instances? We all know about sell on fees if a player goes from A to B and is them sold to C. A gets some of the transfer fee paid by C to B - e.g. Robson, Rankin etc. I can't think of any examples where a club D comes into the mix and A is due money.

No, and I'm not going to spend time searching for them, but somewhere in the back of my mind is the suggestion that it has happened.

Did we not have a case in Scotland where a player or players were not being played first team games to keep them below a X amount of appearances which would have earned the selling club more dosh............or is my head pickled.

where did i say it was the boards fault we didnt get money from this transfer? i was never expecting money from this deal, have i said i was? . :006: once again, i merely commented that with the boards track record with players contracts that i'd be staggered if we'd put in place something to enable us to get money from this one, much like numerous other posters ffs

It certainly reads like you think the board's "contractual retardedness" is at fault for us not getting a cut of the deal ! Perhaps you should be "staggered" that we got anything when he went from Dundee Utd to Celtic given this "retardedness".

There are many things we can slag the club, board or major shareholders about, this is not one of them