FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Investment Needed NOW

caleyboy

If people feel so strongly about this they should protest instead of sitting around moaning on forums

I do have a loud voice but even I would struggle to make it heard from 3600 miles away from the TCS !

Wasnt getting at you CaleyD. You have done far more investigating of the spiderweb of companies involved, just making my point that at the time there was no other real options as far as we were led to believe. What happened afterwards has been detailed by you on numerous occasions and does not sit well.

At the end of the day, I would just like those that run our club to be more open ... open to talk, open to discussion, open to investment, and open to ideas. There are 6 or 7 people making decisions and coming up with ideas ... If they expanded that group in terms of who could be heard or even listened to, (rather than expanding the size of the actual board which I am not advocating) then maybe, just maybe, a few gems of ideas or different ways of looking at things would be found.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been raising (and investigating) these concerns for years

Apart from on this forum, which still has quite a restricted readership, you do not, however, seem to have been doing so very publicly over these years.

If you are so convinced that this is the case, why don't you phone a newspaper and set in motion a story beginning something like "A senior member of the ICT Supporters' Trust is questioning the manner in which ownership of the Caledonian Stadium was transferred when the Inverness club hit financial trouble almost a decade ago....."

Or why don't you offer me the story exclusively for the BBC?

Or indeed issue a statement to all local media (who would of course all then seek a response from the relevant people)?

Edited by Charles Bannerman

I've been raising (and investigating) these concerns for years

Apart from on this forum, which still has quite a restricted readership, you do not, however, seem to have been doing so very publicly over these years.

If you are so convinced that this is the case, why don't you phone a newspaper and set in motion a story beginning something like "A senior member of the ICT Supporters' Trust is questioning the manner in which ownership of the Caledonian Stadium was transferred when the Inverness club hit financial trouble almost a decade ago....."

Or why don't you offer me the story exclusively for the BBC?

Or indeed issue a statement to all local media (who would of course all then seek a response from the relevant people)?

Maybe that is the way to go Charles and I shall certainly take on board your advice. However, I would prefer that the Club Board and Major Shareholder/s simply tell us why it happened the way it did and not the way we were told it would without the need to go washing the clubs laundry in the newspapers. There's also the fact that I've had my fingers burned by the media/press in the past where I've said one thing and they've printed something totally different or put their spin on it and made a story out to be totally different than what it should have been. At least on here people can see exactly my views and any confusion can be questioned and clarified.

I would also point out that I would never, without their backing, use my position on the Trust Board as a point of leverage in the way you suggest.

Side-stepping the stadium ownership bit can I ask.............who said the club was in financial difficulties anyway? I understand our playing budget is tight and that we're doing all we can to keep within that budget. I also understand the club are doing all they can to bring funds into the place. I believe Darren and his team work very hard on this front.

I've seen posts on here suggesting administration but I see no signs of such. What I do see is the club being very frugal in its spending. We are still able to pay wages. We are still able to pay our bills. We are doing all that by keeping within our budgets. Christ Portsmouth couldn't even keep up the payments for their website this week.

I believe money is short but I don't believe we are in difficulty. Yes an investor would be great but IMO it would need to be someone who has money to burn and the lifeblood of this club in his/her veins.

I'll keep trying the lottery.

Side-stepping the stadium ownership bit can I ask.............who said the club was in financial difficulties anyway?

No-one has officially said anything for months .... but the signs are there, especially when you step back and view all the recent events then have a wee chat with a few folk who are, how shall we say, a little closer to the action. I will concede however that in this kind of scenario, small pieces of information from disparate sources do sometimes equate to 2+2=5

I understand our playing budget is tight and that we're doing all we can to keep within that budget. I also understand the club are doing all they can to bring funds into the place. I believe Darren and his team work very hard on this front.

Our playing budget has always been tight, but it seems to be tighter than normal now. I have no doubts that Darren and his team are trying to bring in revenue and it must be a lot harder now we are back in the 1st as its not so attractive without TV coverage.

At the end of the day, putting all opinions aside, all the rumours could be quoshed if people who have the full facts just spoke up. Why will they not do this?

Can i just ask......is this still a rumour that we are in financial turmoil? from what i know, one person has said we are in the sh** with money. but is this true, and if so true how bad are we talking? does anyone know this?

The way i see it, i cant see us not being TIGHT with money just now, as for the last decade or so every team that drops from the SPL to the 1st div have money troubles. I just dont understand all this talk there is about our money troubles when no one from the club has come out and said we have - although i dont believe they woul anyway knowing our board - but no one knows the true extent of the supposed financial mess either?

Maybe that is the way to go Charles and I shall certainly take on board your advice.

Not advice Donald.... just a challenge :D :)

Finding out exactly just how much information you have could be worth a few drinks from the ICT Heathmount Posse

CaleyD is many things - stupid is not one of them.

I think everyone that is close to the club know its in deep sh*t.

The way the club has been ran since we went to the SPL is a joke. Brewster coming back, Marius, Grassa, the new pies, the old pies, the investors (or lack of).... the list goes on and on.....

If we dont go back up it will be even deeper and most of the first team will leave - even if they dont want to because we dont have penny to rub......

Edited by teaandpies

My simmering anger has held me away from this forum as - especially with some voddie - I fear being banned sine die. But this thread echoes emotion - from many peeple who lambasted me - that I have been expressing for the last couple of seasons.

The club is run by muppets - the club is in financial turmoil - the Muppets are trying to hold out in the hope that a wee turn of luck will change their fortune - but they are digging the hole deeper.

Fortunately there is a saviour in the background - not a multi millionaire investor - but one that has plans to resurrect the club and take us back to the SPL - and maybe even a retirement role fer IHE - after all the proposed saviours are old school pals and have the boys of the late 70's on board to take control. I can see even more investors in the stars when the initial take over happens.

But will the muppets relinquish their feckin awful management reins or are they so self feckin up their erses that they would prefer to take the club to its knees before they give us all a feckin break

Maybe that is the way to go Charles and I shall certainly take on board your advice.

Not advice Donald.... just a challenge :) :)

Finding out exactly just how much information you have could be worth a few drinks from the ICT Heathmount Posse

CaleyD is many things - stupid is not one of them.

Mmmmm :huh: :ohmy::lol::lol: