FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotland Squad for Czech Republic Game

BA

I'd like to see Dorrans and Faddy flank a main striker in home games with the sitting midfield 3 of Thompson, Brown and Fletcher.

They could then tuck back to protect the full backs. Fletcher and Brown could match up in the middle and Thompson cover the hole infront of defence. Play Miller/Fletcher away and Boyd at home against weaker teams or coming of the bench like last night. He showed last night how much his overall game has improved in the last year with his hold up play and almost set up a goal for Whitaker near the end.

All round good start against a team 20 places above in the rankings. I feel some optimism coming back to the tartan army.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McFadden injured - Dorrans in.

That was a blessing..... Dorrans looked very comfortable at this level, and justifiably got MoM.

Great win for Levein's first game in charge. Think he might last a bit longer in the job than Burley did.

If McFadden was playing last night we would have scored 10.... at least :rolleyes:

From what I remember of it, there was a game last night where lots of players were running infront of me and then a big roar after one of them put a ball in a net :P :D

Czechs were terrible and there for the taking, I wish Levein had been more positive and gone 4-4-2 or at least played an attacking midfielder in behind Miller but instead it was a flat 5 man midfield, which didn't offer much in the way of excitement. He might not wanted to give too much away before we play them in the group stage but it was clear that as soon as Rosicky left the pitch they carried no threat and the replacement for Peter Cech looked ropey... bring back Jan Koller!!!

IHE must have loved watching Robson & Dorrans play on the alternative side from what they prefer... I know he's well into that sort of thing.

Job done, first international friendly won at Hampden since 1996. 1 game 1 win for Levein and we have 1 up on our potential rivals for the Euro qualifiers

Boyd got a cheer when he came on.. I couldn't decide so kept my mouth shut...

had a few beers in the Clockwork where I seen the King Beastie

watched the queues of people waiting to get the train back to Glasgow, while I toddled along to my flat (5 mins from the ground) :P

I don't see the need for three tacklers in a 5-man midfield. Drop Thomson and put Dorrans central, with McFadden out left. Then Boyd (or Fletcher) up front can be supported by both these players at every opportunity.