FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Why are we so good?..!

Johnboy

2 words. Simple. TERRY BUTCHER. Far too many people on this forum slated him at the start of the season. All this s***e about it was his team selections that put us down was hilarious. He did a superb job with what was left for him by that arse brewster. We unfortunately just fell at the last hurdle.

But then the slating continued when we didnt have the best of starts to the season. I just wish that everyone had opened their eyes and realised that he had to rebuild the whole team. He has made some very shrewd signings along with some gems like jonny hayes. Add to that, he has set the team up in a way that is very difficult to beat but still allows when they have the ball to really attack and swarm all over teams. Its no surprise to me that they have gone on such a long unbeaten run. He just needed time and he is really leaving his mark on the team.

Hope the players and the new messiah Butcher realise that they are only a couple of games from being enemy number one again, despite what people say. I have full faith that they won't throw it away though, there's something about the team at the moment; like the old days when we seemed capable of anything.

What has changed? For me it is quite simply, as I said in an earlier thread I went to a game early in the season and the line (if memory serves me right) was:

Esson

Tokely Bulvites Munro Shinnie

Ross Stratford Cox Eagles

Rooney Foran

Now we are playing more like this:

Esson

Proctor Tokley Munro Golly

Hayes Duncan Cox Foran

Sanchez (or) Eric

Rooney

IMHO the bottom team would beat the top team week in week out!

We gave the other teams a BIG head start by playing the wrong starting line-up, but thankfully are now playing the right players in the right positions.

Our Formation just now is..

-------------------------------Esson-----------------------------Keeper

-----------------------------------------------------------------Sweeper

------Proctor------------Tokley-------Munro--------Golly---------Backline

-----------------------------------------------------------------Defensive Midfield

------------------------Cox-----------Duncan--------------------Midfield

-------Hayes-----------------Sanch/Odi-------------Foran--------Attacking Midfield

------------------------------Rooney-----------------------------Striker

Ladbrokes

Inverness - evens. Dundee - 6-5. County - 9-1

Willie Hills

Inverness - evens. Dundee - 11-8. County - 8-1

Corals

Dundee - 11-10. Inverness - 6-5. County - 6-1

Paddy Power

Inverness - 11-10. Dundee - 6-5. County - 10-1

So it pays to shop around

We are just so solid from back to front and our strength mentally and physically compliments the more technical players we have in our team, ie foran, sanchez, hayes.

All together a very well balanced team who at the moment don't look like being beaten. Even games like Morton and Partick we get the wins, okay partick we should have won 4/5-0 perhaps, and with the goal difference we certainly look to have some sort of upper-hand at the moment.

Interestingly we haven't won any of our 6 games against our two main promotion rivals. We must be doing something right against the lesser teams.

Or to put it another way we have not lost 4 out of 6 games against our 2 main promotion rivals in league games.

Edited by Dewsburydude

Aye Butcher's focus has been purely on the team since Burley's sacking and also no tv punditry with the old firm going out of Europe.

It just shows that these were distractions for him especially when trying to gel a new team together.

IT'S ALL LOOKING GOOD NOW THOUGH!

Aye Butcher's focus has been purely on the team since Burley's sacking and also no tv punditry with the old firm going out of Europe.

It just shows that these were distractions for him especially when trying to gel a new team together.

IT'S ALL LOOKING GOOD NOW THOUGH!

That's a very fair point Jeepsaw....

Hopefully, when we are back where we belong in the SPL, TB's caption, if he is ever back on STV on Champions League nights, will read Terry Butcher, Manager of Inverness Caley Thistle FC, and not former captain of Rangers FC.

Team for the 1-3 game v Ross County

Esson

Proctor Bulvitus Munro Djebi-Zadi

Hayes Stratford Cox Eagle

Foran Sanchez

Likely team for tonight

Esson

Proctor Tokely Munro Golabek

Duncan Cox

Hayes Sanchez Foran

Rooney

Butcher realised, about 2 months after everyone else (well me anyway), that players like Eagle, Stratford, Bulvitus and Djebi-Zadi were actually not as good as the guys that were already in the squad.

or maybe the other teams in the league are sh*t :lol:

Rooney up front on his own and he's got 3 players supporting him have made a big difference this season. I think we have finaly found attack we could keep every game (Which we have). Thats the key to our great form.

Nah we're just amazing :)