FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

v Arabs

Alex MacLeod

I thought Bayne ( apart form missing a couple of reasonable chances) had a pretty effective game, he held up or layed the ball off to Dargo on numerous occasions - the trouble being that Dargo was so frustrated at being 25 yards out with the ball and two defenders in front that he was taking pot shots from that distance all afternoon , why wasn't one of our 'class' midfielders running onto the Bayne lay offs and sending Dargo through with a slick pass??

Wilson was pretty woeful today but he has been very good lately so I suppose this one was coming, although his tendency to drift infield didn't help poor Rosscoe who was up against two United players on his side when they were breaking...

Also i thought it was questionable that we finished the game with three natural left sided midfielders , must be rare these days that one team can have so many yet remain so ineffective. Perhaps a slight imbalance ther Mr C.

Dargo & Wilson were very poor yesterdayand were probably the difference between a poor draw and our first home win.

If Rankin is going to take all our set pieces in future he is going to half to show why in the next few games because his crossing was awful

Our back 5 were their usual brilliant self but McBain probably would get MOTM for me worked hard and even managed to get a couple of crosses in2 the box  :010: :010:

We started off stronger and if we had taken our chances in the first half I believe we would have finished off comfortably.  I thought Bayne was excellent in the first half tbh and considering he was against one of the biggest centre halfs in the SPL Kenneth hardly made a header all game.  Towards the end of the first half we threw everything but the kitchen sink at the United goal and were extremely unlucky not to get a goal, why Rossco didn't shoot rather than passing to an obviously offside Dargo was beyond me but he made up for it by giving Brewster a dig in the ribs  :003: :003: :003: :003: what a legend!!

Second half we looked tired and started to loose our shape, Black and Rankin were both either attacking or defending but never sitting to pick up the play the centre of the park IMO we needed Duncan to do the simple stuff.  We ended up pumping the ball up to Bayne due to the sucess we had in the first half but by this time he seemed shattered and was giving away needless fouls.  Dundee United seemed to get egged on the more we got stuck in to Brewster, Robson & Proctor and played some good football.

At the end of the day we had 1 major chance and they had 1 major chance the rest of the oppertunities were half chances and somes up what was an even game. 

At least we got another point on the board  :shrug01:

I said it before too, CC is trying to play a bit more of the silky stuff and credit to him, as most folk down here (especially the Hibbies) think we're a stuffy side and not very easy on the eye.

However I reckon Rankin could make way for Russeldinho, after all he'll only have a few weeks in the reserves till he gets a chance with Blackie suspended  :015:

I also think we've looked better this season after Richie Hart has come on, mind you I don't think he does so well if he's on at the start  :007:

Is Black not already one booking away from a suspension?? He's had 4 yellow cards already (I think?) Does 5 not mean a 1 match ban?

Not sure about your Ritchie Hart comment though Mantis. Hart has only made one sub appearance this season for 10 minutes against Celtic and all he did was get booked