FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Missing the SPL?

Renegade

SPL is the only place to be as far as football and the future of the club is concerned. Division 1 has been enjoyable this season, or since November rather, as we have been playing good football and winning matches. If we had maintained our poor start to the season and had been out of the running for promotion a couple months back would anyone be enjoying Division 1? I doubt it!!

Division 1 has been fun this season but that's simply because we are winning regularly and showing good football IMO. The matches are still over priced, the stadiums are half empty and often decrepit, the quality of the football in general is pretty poor and the food/catering is pretty ropey at best in a lot of cases. If we don't go back up this year we'll lose a lot of the players responsible for our entertaining football and as a few people have stated above, a long term rot will set in. As far as the future of full-time professional football is Inverness is concerned, it's a total no brainer. It is vital ICT are a regular SPL club.

Totally agree with Bridge_Ender, The SPL is a blessing in disguise.

This has been a terrific season and hopefully it will have a terrific finish to it but if we really want to keep the team together and keep the club on top of things financially then it means we need to be in the SPL, simple as that.

Tbh i think this is a good time for teams to go into the SPL, teams like Killie and Aberdeen are so strapped for cash that there is really no difference in quality of players nor wages. It isn't so hard for a team to go and sustain themselves.

I'm missing the coverage that the SPL brought, the 1st division isn't too bad but as pointed out the club needs to be in the SPL.

The thing I would miss the most about not being in the SPL is the players, as we wouldn't have them next year.