FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Eyjafjallajoekull

Yngwie

Why is it effecting the rig flights? I thought it was just way up in the not so blue sky that was effected. Surely the choppers used fly low enough to be safe?

All airspace is closed, and the companies do not want to take the risk, plus with the ash falling there is a chance of clogging up the engines.

I for one would not want to be on a chopper at the moment.

Looks more like something from the Parliamo Glasgow dictionary.

On which subject, Glasgow Council have proposed the erection of Gaelic road signs within the Dear Green Place. This presumably gets the nod from the idea of signs in the indigenous patois with instructions such as "Goannyturnleftherebigman"

That word is taboo on all North Sea rigs and platforms. No fly means no getting home.

Despite the simple fact that I would like to get home in time to watch the final games of the season. That word makes me very pleased that my next holiday is not for two weeks, by which time everything may have calmed down. Don't fancy sitting in a Saudi airport for any longer than it already takes, if Europe is still closed.

I do feel for everybody who is currently at an airport wondering when or if they will depart.