FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Celtic - out of Europe

DoofersDad

Braga 3 Celtic 0

Celtic had 38% of posession and just 2 shots on goal.

It looks as though they are as good as out of Europe. They are a poor shadow of the team that was the first British team to win the European Cup. It is a sad reflection of how poor the Scottish game is at the moment. Looking on the bright side though, if Braga can beat them so convincingly then the time is right to break the old firm dominence. We can start that process by giving them a beating on the first game of the season. Bring it on!

Such a shock that the goal machines of Samaras and Murphy couldn't score :_beatme:

Mulgrew was asked to do way too much on the left but did it quite well. Still, when you have to do the work of two men, he's always going to go missing somewhere. Bar Brown, the midfield was completely absent. I expected more from the new internationals signed. Terrible sportsmanship from Murphy at the end.

FAIL! FAIL!

Just saw the third goal, what was Zaluska playing at? And what planet was Lennon on when he thought signing Mulgrew would be a good idea? This could be worse than the Mowbray era.

C'mon Os Arcebispos!

Totally agree...... siging up Lennon was just the cheap option or extreme naivety, either way...i think its going to set them back even further. I really fancy our chances on 14th aug!!

possibly worse than john barnes?

IIRC Barnes's record at Celtic isn't actually that bad, bar one rather large blip from a team who's name has just slipped my mind.....

Edited by Renegade

Long season ahead. I suspect the depth of squad Lennon is building will enable Celtic to win the SPL. If he they don't, given how thin the current Rangers squad is, then he really will have made an @rse of his attempt at management.

In the meantime, here is a wee tribute to the scorer of the opening goal for Braga...

doesnt do our co-efficient ratings in europe any good. Just shows how poor our teams are early on in season. If celts go out, is that them out of europe for the season completely? if so, can see them joining rangers on the floor financially, as did the board not say they had to take their time appointing Lennon to make sure they got tings right this time. Cant afford another Mowbray!

doesnt do our co-efficient ratings in europe any good. Just shows how poor our teams are early on in season. If celts go out, is that them out of europe for the season completely? if so, can see them joining rangers on the floor financially, as did the board not say they had to take their time appointing Lennon to make sure they got tings right this time. Cant afford another Mowbray!

No .

im pretty sure it does isnt it only the 3rd round losers that go to the europa league?

From a 'want-Scottish-teams-to-do-well-in-europe-perspective' it's another embarrassing result when you think they are really representing us..... but... from a GIRUY 'weegie-Celtic-supporting-work-mates-that-know-absolutely-feck all-about-football-perspective' ha f*cking ha

thing is did anyone actually expect them to get a result? Braga finished 2nd last season in a competitive portugese league and are no mugs... Celtic on the other hand were throwing in players with little, or no, season preperation and some only met each other 2 days ago...

as alternative says I still think they'll win the league with the players they have unless there is a monumental f*ck up from Lennon... I just hope their embarrassment continues past the 14th of August.

I couldn't give a toss about our co-efficient in Europe, it's not going to affect me or ICT at the moment.

However, I do care about Celtic getting humped...........I think it is hilarious, however I won't be bigging up our chances just yet as although they were soundly thrashed in this game, they are one of the best Scotland has to offer, which unfortunately sums up the standard of our league. Every year they (Celtic or Rangers) win the leaugue at a jolly from the also rans, and almost every year they get put to the sword by some backwater Euro side. That is disappointing, but Celtic being stuffed is just fabulous.