FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kenny Gillet

caley1980

I'm surprised nobody has commented on his middle name!

ive been holding back, LEGO!! Brilliant!!

i think he could be a vital building block for the team :023:

Edited by Libero

last one, i promise, he'll have opposition players 'bricking' it.... i'll get my coat

On a more serious note, just heard back from aforementioned relative who coaches at the club - "you've signed Barnet's best player".

Sounds promising!

that does indeed sound promising, glad we've got someone in at LB

Barnet fan here (obviously), just thought I'd add my thoughts.

To be honest I have no idea how L2 translates to your club?? In my opinion Kenny G was solid enough but nothing special. In reply to the person saying he's our best player, I'd disagree with that, we have/had much better players but he certainly wasn't the worst. Sometimes shaky defensively in my opinion, but in the games he played as a centre back towards the latter stages of his time with us he looked much stronger than left back. He's great in the air, I think positionally he struggled a bit and got exposed as a left back. He's not a midfielder, but did a solid enough job there. Hits a nice pass/crosses. Overall, in my opinion he was Mr average, generally would always give a reliable enough performance, but not a stand out. That said, the performances we've sometimes given it's possible to see why the person above might say he's our best player, unlike others he always gave 100% and as I said, usually gave a solid enough performance. Be interesting to see how he performs at this level, as as I said I honestly have no idea. I hope he does well.

P.S If I remember right someone on our messageboard once said they made up and added Lego as the middle name on wikipedia, as good as it would be. But I do believe he is good friends with Clichy.

Edited by barnetfan
  • Agree 1

Thanks for the extended comment on him Barnetfan. The info I got on him comes from a relative who is a youth coach at Barnet. If he's not TOO shaky then he'll be an improvement on the previous LB we had... To give you an idea of him, when the ball came to him, people were inclined to shout bombscare!

Would I be right in saying that Barnet are about lower SPL/upper SFL1 standard?

It is very hard to equate FL2 to the Scottish leagues. I see one or two games a year, usually at my nearest club, Wycombe. They have just been relegated back to FL2 after a season in FL1. The clubs would not generally be SPL standard. But I'm sure many of them would hold their own in SL1. Generally the teams are fit and play hard. FL2 is extremely competitive. As can be seen from the Fleetwood Town result (remembering that Fleetwood have just been promoted to a league one below Barnet), they are no mugs.

I feel confident that our new signing will fit in well and not take too long to adjust to SPL conditions.

No .

Care to add a little more than no? What level do you think Barnet are if they couldn't compete with Killie, St Mirren, ICT, Dundee, Ross County. Or are they better than this? League Two's average attendance for this season was 3,853. Pretty similar to those clubs mentioned i would say.

Some quotes about "Kenny G" on the Barnet website by some fans

"Anyway, can't help think he's better suited to League 1 than the SPL. Good luck Kenny! The best Kenny to play for us since Kenny Lowe. Edit - taken from above link: "He left this summer after a contract dispute" Really? I just thought he wanted to better himself at a higher level, and as a free agent turned down a new contract... Hardly a dispute! "

"Good luck to Kenny ... although I imagine that he'll find the standard of football in the Scottish Premier League is far lower than in the English League 2."

Now this i've got to disagree with. Barnet may be lower SPL or Division 1 but playing against Hereford is not the same as playing against Rangers or Celtic.

Edited by ICTPAISLEY

Ita hard to compare the leagues with the SPL being so skewered though. I'm thinking about that defeat against the accies at NDP. Felt far from being a top tier fixture. Maybe we could settle this with a friendly against Barnet? :D

No .

Care to add a little more than no? What level do you think Barnet are if they couldn't compete with Killie, St Mirren, ICT, Dundee, Ross County. Or are they better than this? League Two's average attendance for this season was 3,853. Pretty similar to those clubs mentioned i would say.

Barnet were very lucky not to be relegared to Non League status last season . If you think thats the level we're at then fair play to you but personally I think although we're favourites for relegation this time round we're a bit better than Englands Non League , just my opinion of course . what has attendances got to with it ?

Edited by DALNEIGHCALEY