FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

BUTCHER MUST GO!

Guest Mahonio

I am going to get slated for starting this thread but i don't really care.

This result has just made my mind up, TERRY BUTCHER MUST GO!! I mean, this is just a number of things in which he has done that has made my mind up: The dropping of Esson in our last SPL campaign for no apparent reason, the cup tie last season where we were taken to Penalties by MONFECKINGTROSE, The team who ended bottom of the pile in Scottish league standings, our abysmal home record and finally this shocking 3-5-2 formation tonight v Celtic.

I am sorry but this is my opinion and i really, really don't care how many Red dots i get, no-one is going to change my mind, i am really angry as you can probably tell :(!!!

My choice for manager would be either Jim Weir or John Robertson, despite my claims that a manager should never go back to a club he has already managed but Jim Jefferies going back to Hearts and doing a good job at the moment has made me have a change of heart on that opinion.

Edited by Mahonio

hmmmm...........no

butcher has done well for us and i think we played with a pre-determined result in mind, it is shocking but i dont think robbo coming back would be a vast improvement.

lets just cool the jets and take a chill pill.

TB's riding on a wave of popularity at the moment after the success of the 1st Division campaign and I'd be really surprised if this is a genuine call for his resignation. More a heat of the moment thing.

If we were well into the second half of the campaign and propping up the rest of the table, then maybe.

But I believe, by the team choice, that he had perhaps written off this game as relatively unimportant and had decided to divert our limited resources to ensuring SPL survival. And although I don't like 6 goal drubbings, I'm inclined to agree.

Don't judge him on diddy cup games - judge him on our league position at the end of the season.

1) if we get rid of butcher foran goes with and maybe rooney along with other key players

2) 4-0 against dundee utd who won the scottish cup is a brilliant result

3) we probably cant afford to sack him

4) home form is not abismal we went on a 21 game unbeaten run in the league last season

5) who would comand a changing room better than this guy he's huuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

• Disagree 1

That would go down as one of the more bizarre sackings in managerial history, he just took the team up at first attempt and without having any real funds to add to the team has notched up a couple of decent results so far in the SPL. Granted it was a strange team selectiontonight but perhaps he was worried about getting more injuries to key players, after all it is how ICT do in the league not the cups that will keep Butcher in a job

• Agree 2

Mahenio are you for real?

I think its a good thing. Lets face it with the injuries we had there was no chance. If we had our first team squad, then fair enough play the first team, but i think everyone knew there was no chance tonight. Im glad of the team he played, keeps some fresh legs for St Mirren in the league - which is our PRIORITY. Being out the league cup gives more focus on the league.

Get our safety in the SPL done first, then we will go on to win the scottish cup :twothumbsup:

• Disagree 1

Top six nails it, ill get a warning for this I'm sure but the op is a bawbag.

:cry::cry::cry: THERE WAS NO NEED FOR THAT :irritated: :irritated:!!!!

Everyone on here is assuming that i want him sacked when i could mean that i want him to do the honourable thing and resign. Our backline is poor at the moment and what position did he play, DEFENCE. Enough said.

Jeez, IHE, i am stealing your position as worst person on this forum, popularity wise, i knew i would get that anyway.

Edited by Mahonio

Mahonio you are a knob!

So, you saying i can't have an opinion, is that it? I am sick of being called a name just because of an opinion so be warned, i will report this!!

We all have opinions and i gave you mine! Enjoy reporting me :-)

THERE ARE BETTER ******* WAYS TO DO IT THAN VIA NAME-CALLING THOUGH :irritated: :irritated: :irritated: :irritated: :irritated: :irritated: :irritated: .

Red Card, lay off the name-calling, you ain't making yourself a "bigman" because of them. I knew that when i started this thread i would get slated but not name-calling, Butcher is well liked, i know that, but he must know he's in a results based business, if he can prove me wrong then good.

Everyone on here is assuming that i want him sacked when i could mean that i want him to do the honourable thing and resign. Our backline is poor at the moment and what position did he play, DEFENCE. Enough said.

Jeez, IHE, i am stealing your position as worst person on this forum, popularity wise, i knew i would get that anyway.

Same could be said for this whole thread, and are you not the one who, not so long ago, got a wee telling off for calling TB an English something or other??

Same could be said for this whole thread, and are you not the one who, not so long ago, got a wee telling off for calling TB an English something or other??

Yes and i learnt from that, never to name-call anyone again and what do you and Red Card do, name call me, it just isn't on, so much so that i reported Red Card, he needs to learn!!