FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Chris Hughton sacked.

AJS

Newcastle are perenial under-achieviers. I don't know when they last won anything worth winning. This decision is so bizarre it is almost as though the Board is worried they might actually win something with Hughton so have bought Pardew in to restore mediocrity to the club.

• Agree 1

Pardew on a five and a half year deal is nothing short of staggering. He's been relagated from the premier league with charlton and recently sacked by league one side southampton. Ashley is a nutter, pardew makes no sense what so ever. Someone like martin o'neall, martin jol or even david o'leary would have been better but pardew s a joke of a choice.

Back to the championship

or even david o'leary would have been better

I have to disagree on that one. I think O'Leary is one the very worst managers ever. He spent soooo much money at Leeds that they are still broken and won absolutely nothing.

Anyway off topic, sorry.

5 and half years?!?! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Unbelievable decision making from Ashleigh, whats behind the thinking that sacks a manager who has the team in a more than acceptable position,costing far less than the new incumbent,who has a poor record at the top level and giving him a ludicrous contract that every man and his dog can see is not in the best interests of the club.....

Oh, wait a minute :rolleyes:

• Agree 1

Unbelievable decision making from Ashleigh, whats behind the thinking that sacks a manager who has the team in a more than acceptable position,costing far less than the new incumbent,who has a poor record at the top level and giving him a ludicrous contract that every man and his dog can see is not in the best interests of the club.....

Oh, wait a minute :rolleyes:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice one.

A green dot for being able to laugh at your own situation - which, actually, is not as bad as it ought to be :tongueincheek:

Pardew's credentials for the job are impeccable - OK at Reading, poor at West Ham, even poorer at Charlton, just as poor at Southampton, plus a few months on the dole here and there. Well worthy of a 5.5 year contract in anyone's book. Still, I'm sure he is not worrying unduly. He'll walk away from Newcastle with millions in closer to 5.5 months than 5.5 years I would think.

• 4 weeks later...

Fair play to Pardew he has had a good start - 9 points from 12 I think. I was gutted when Hughton got sacked as NUFC have always been my English team but we can't blame Pardew for Hughton's sack so(and Ashley's stupidity) I've got to give him credit. He has started well!