FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT sign Chris Hogg

caleyrule

I was never impressed with Hogg during my past philanderings down Leith way. He was at his best next to Rob Jones, a dominant centre-half who would step out to meet the ball while Hogg would cover behind him. They had a good understanding, something that is often more important for defenders than individual attributes. Hopefully Hogg can form a similar partnership with Grant Munro. He's got 3 or 4 seasons of regular SPL football under his belt and captained Hibs to 4th place last season so he definitely offers good experience.

Edited by Caley Stan
  • Agree 1

Its all good .... he has signed and we didnt lose anyone to make way for him so Terry now has additional options. If he is good then great, we can hopefully get him signed up on a longer deal. If it doesnt work out, he's gone at the end of the season ... a win-win situation.

Until I heard him interviewed today I hadn't realised he was a Geordie. Well, not actually a Geordie, he's from Middlesborough, which I believe makes him a Smoggie.

I think this could be a very good signing, provided the player is aiming for a contract offer from ICT for next season.

Until I heard him interviewed today I hadn't realised he was a Geordie. Well, not actually a Geordie, he's from Middlesborough, which I believe makes him a Smoggie.

I think this could be a very good signing, provided the player is aiming for a contract offer from ICT for next season.

Folks have been beheaded for mistaking Smoggies for Geordies

Sky Sports article - pleasant change someone who appears to want to come north to play football

Hogg hails Butcher hook

Chris Hogg has revealed Terry Butcher played a decisive role in his move to Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

The 25-year-old sealed a move to the SPL outfit on transfer deadline day following his release by Scottish rivals Hibernian.

Hogg made 172 appearances at Easter Road and was the Hibs captain for a period but is set for a new challenge with Inverness.

And the defender has hailed his new boss as the main reason behind his decision to join Caley Thistle.

Hogg said: "As soon as he found out I was away from Hibs, it was his enthusiasm and desire to bring me here that won me over, his desire to want to work with me and make me a better player".

"I want to give him everything I've got over the coming months. Hopefully we can have an enjoyable time."

On the switch to the Highlands, he added: "For me, it's all about playing football.

"I'll go anywhere as long as I'm playing football and enjoying it and that was a big factor for me coming up here.

"It gets me away from Edinburgh and the memories I have down there and gives me a fresh start and a clean slate and time to refocus the mind and get going for a new club and giving this club everything I've got until the end of the season."

Nothing new there Blackie, but he did score a superb headed goal from all of eighteen yards, He was not overly exerted today, but did what you would have expected of a decent centre back, possibly one of the suspects at their goal, along with Rossco.