FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

"NORTH TONIGHT" - GIVE THEM LALDY

A96

Did anyone see "North Tonight" on Grampian/STV tonight (Monday 30 Oct)? Not a single mention of ICT or reference to their incredible achivement of rising to fourth place - yet plenty to say about bottom-six Aberdeen and hopeless non-achievers Dundee United sacking their fifth manager in four years (yawn).

Why not let them have your views on their anti-ICT bias by posting on http://www.STV.TV/sport/fanzone/ ? The more complaints the merrier.

My message to them read:-

" “NORTH TONIGHT” (30/10/06) - North Tonight sports feature tonight had absolutely nothing to report on the Inverness Caley Thistle game against St Mirren at the weekend - even though ICT are 4th in the SPL! A lengthy section of your report was spent on Dundee United sacking yet another manager (hardly shock news from a place like Tannadice – 5 managers in 4 years). They are in 12th spot in the league so why all the attention to such poor performers? The rest of the sports feature was devoted to your beloved Aberdeen FC - a bottom six club in the SPL!! The absence of any mention of ICT just proves the pro-North East, anti-Highland bias of this Aberdeen-based sports report. Absoultely shocking!! Your exclusion of ICT simply mirrors the Central Belt bias we have come to expect from other programmes like Scotsport. Any school child wishing to see a clip of the ICT match will (as usual) have to stay up until well past midnight in the hope of catching something on Scotsport!! Why not be honest and re-name your programme "North-East Tonight"?

Just to remind your North Tonight sports programmers - and to allow a little perspective – Inverness Caley Thistle have climbed to fourth place in the SPL (just one point behind Rangers) after an unbeaten run of seven games, Dundee United are pathetic non-achieving, prime relegation candidates and bottom-six Aberdeen didn’t even play at the weekend. And still ICT get absolutely no mention on your sports report at all!! Must do better!!!"

But if we say nothing and do nothing - what do we get? Nothing.

As the ancient philosopher once said (or was it the Immortal Howden Ender?) - "Better to have to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all."

But if we say nothing and do nothing - what do we get? Nothing.

As the ancient philosopher once said (or was it the Immortal Howden Ender?) - "Better to have to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all."

Never trust an ancient philosopher with a stutter!!!

Although I do find it hard to believe that they can - once again - fail to give ICT the credit they deserve with regards to news coverage it does not suprise me in the slightest.  I'm sure thier is some benefit of remaining out of the spotlight though, keeps the pressure off the team a bit.

It was right at the time of writing Kencar. Besides we're gonna beat them next Monday and they'll be down below us in the league once again!!

And anyway - Dundee Yenited are still bottom (and Levein will be sacked by the end of the season.  :019:).

Judgement time is next Monday night. Let's keep the powder dry and ambush the Dons and see how Grampian report that result without mentioning ICT. 

I predict a power cut right across Aberdeen on Monday/ Tuesday, which will prevent them from going on air to mention the "local derby", and stop the P& J from printing anything on Tuesday when it doesn't go their way. :001: :001:

Guest ICtinAngus

I can see Tyrone tonight mentioning that the "Dons sit one point behind Rangers in fourth place and could overtake them when they win against local rivals Inverness next Monday."

Cut to interview to Mumbler Calderwood about how great Aberdeen where and how they are now looking to win the league etc etc etc. 

And look out for the mind games from the P&J and Aberdeen bias reporting for the rest of the week. 

God you lot sound like Hearts moaning about referees being against them! :004:

You can complain all you like about North Tonight (although when I'm in Sneck I usually find they do report on Caley on a Monday after the weekend games) but after the Falkirk game Scotland Today (note - Glasgow based news, expect West Coast bias) showed all 5 goals that were scored. I'm pretty sure they didn't show all the Aberdeen ones that time, but I could be wrong. Maybe NT didn't think a 1-1 draw with St Mirren was really much of an achievement and expected you to be doing better!