FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

aldershot v inverness ct

sotonict

the weather will definitely suit us! pishing it down.

just about to make me 1h 20 min train trip, oh the hardship.

hopefully will get to see little aron doran

Starting lineup:

1 Ryan Esson

2 Tom Aldred

3 Ross Tokely

4 David Proctor

5 Kenny Gillet

6 Jamie Stevenson

7 Johnny Hayes

8 Greg Tansey

9 Richie Foran ©

10 Aaron Doran

11 Nick Ross

Subs:

12 John Tuffey

14 Andrew Shinnie

15 Tom Smith

16 Martin Lang

17 Gavin Morrison

18 Andrew Greig

19 Liam Polworth

Im sure i read somewhere that Butcher has been using a 4-4-2 diamond formation and also thay Hayes played the last game up front

Maybe something like this:

ESSON

PROCTOR ------TOKLEY------ALDRED-------GILLET

ROSS

DORAN--------------------------------------STEVENSON

TANSEY

HAYES---------FORAN

Edited by Libero

I'm reliably informed by the scottish journalists behind me that the eleven out there for ICT are pretty much the first team, which will start their SPL season away to Motherwell in just seven days time.....must be rather worrying for them!!!!

Shots are easing their way towards half time.....with what must be their 6th or 7th corner of the half.....

Comes to nothing though.....

sounds like a very poor first half for us

Definitely still short of a couple of players and preferably ones with a bit more experience.

Not sure about Proctor still not seen anything from him yet by way of tackle or header losesmost challenges

We haven't lost a pre-season freindly yet so hopefully we can step it up in the second half and keep it going, sounds like we haven't played at all in the first half so will be an indication to TB which players he can rely on to step it up when they are asked to. It's only a friendly but I am sure TB and MM will be expecting to see a better performance in the second half.

Another perspective: today, Inverness are playing their third game in 5-days! On Tuesday they won 4-2 at Yeovil, Thursday they drew 2-2 at Bristol Rovers. On those showings, suggest they have goals in them but also a generous defence.

two subs on at HT, not sure who though

summary from Aldershot website:

It was into the unknown as Aldershot Town entertained a Scottish team for the first time in their history. That is was a powerful Scottish Premier division opponent who embark on their own campaign next Saturday made it that much more of an interesting contest.

Aldershot are in the early stages of their pre season campaign although only have three more matches remaining after thie encounter.

They started brightly dominating a first half as boss Dean Holdsworth introduced a number of players for the first time in pre season. Alex Rodman combined well with Anthony Straker in the opening stages to set up a chance for Luke Guttridge who guided a header just wide from 10 yards.

Thistle keeper Ryan Esson produced an excellent block from Guttridge on seven minutes as Aldershot, kicking towards the East Bank, were prominent.

Goal Flash (18): Shots 1-0 Thistle

Trialist A worked the ball across the 18 yard box into the path of Rodman who fired home competently from 16 yards low and firm into the bottom corner of the net.

Aldershot continued to threaten with the Dannh Hylton and Michael Rankine combining well on the right edge of the 18 yard box before the former delivered a balanced chipped effort over the stranded keeper onto the roof of the bar.

Trialist A and Guttridge had further efforts towards the latter part of the half as Aldershot produced a confident 45 minutes against former England international Terry Butcher's side.

"I'm reliably informed by the scottish journalists behind me that the eleven out there for ICT are pretty much the first team, which will start their SPL season away to Motherwell in just seven days time.....must be rather worrying for them!!!!"

Oh dear!

Edited by Renegade