FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Great result

DALNEIGHCALEY

I'm not sure winning a case because witnesses didn't show up to court really constitutes a 'great result' in my eyes.

Sorry exCaley player or not, if your caught in possesion of any type of drugs then you deserve the punishment that comes to you, just because he's a footballer doesn't make him immune. Yes you'll say it was only alledged however for cases to go to court, and pardon the pun, there has to at least be some substance to it.

Edited by MrCaleyjag

In the eyes of the law you are innocent until proven guilty. But he has not been proven innocent, the prosecution simply failed to prove he was guilty. He is therefore innocent. But that does not mean he didn't do what he was alleged to have done, and in saying that, that in turn does not mean I have any opinion on whether or not he did actually do what it was alleged he did. If this sounds as though this is all a bit of a grey area, I would say, no, it is a clear case of Black and white.

• Agree 1

hes innocent

No. He just wasn't found guilty. Fact is, had he been innocent or had the police not found him in possession of a class A substance he would never have been to court in the first place. He's been cleared on a technicality thats all.

if the witnesses dont show thats not his fault

i blame o'connor

Whats he got to do with anything. He wasn't even there.

Personally I have no time nor sympathy for users of drugs regardless of who they are. Ian Black may only be an occassional user of such but, in so doing, he puts his career and family at risk. He also provides the demand that the suppliers relish so in effect causes suffering, hurt and death.