FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Our oldest rivalry

bauhaus

Mr Mantis you are without doubt my favourite mod on here

Dougal

Yes I was always Alan Douglas' favourite mod too :whistle:

Sorry about the mix-up, all these English teams sound the same to me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by TheMantis

I've said before and I'll say it again I greatly admire what they have achieved considering they were bottom of the highland league in the mid eighties and facing bankruptcy

Whether we like it or not what they have achieved is remarkable considering they never had an INE or local council ploughing the money into them from the off

I admire what they have done because, like ourselves, they have had a pretty quick rise to the top given our failry humble beginnings. However, while they may not have had similar assistance to us from INE or the local council it cannot be claimed that they have got as far as they have on the back of hard work alone alone. I would be very interested to see how much money County have thrown at wages and signing players over the last 10 years. They have got where they are through a combination of hard work and a benefactor with a wealth of resources to call upon when needed. Not many clubs would have the financial backing to remain a full time club if they were relegated to the second division!

Other first division managers have been very vocal (Pressley to name one) in claiming that County have far greater resources available to them than other first division clubs so while they must be congratulated on their success the background on how they have been able to achieve it should not be forgotten

IIRC, MOST of the development at Victoria Park was done with handouts from various pots of money over the years.